It's all going to be alright ...

IC Khari

2 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Let's bring Buck back and hope that he plays like he did with BC.

Buck was a human punching bag & was absolutely finished as a player. Nicholls gets rid of the ball faster than Buck did. He still has some football left in him. I like Nicholls behind Willy. Hope we re-sign him. 

Just now, iso_55 said:

Buck was a human punching bag & was absolutely finished as a player. Nicholls gets rid of the ball faster than Buck did. He still has some football left in him. I like Nicholls behind Willy. Hope we re-sign him. 

Nichols' career stats - 29 TD, 25 INT, 3 Rush TD, 10 Fumbles, two major knee injuries

Is this really the best Walters can do?

10 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Nichols' career stats - 29 TD, 25 INT, 3 Rush TD, 10 Fumbles, two major knee injuries

Is this really the best Walters can do?

When I look at the other backups in the league he is probably one of the best.

Drew Tate is rotting on the bench in Calgary behind Mitchell. Huff never played him except the last game of the season when he started & looked fine. However, he seems happy there in his limited backup role.

Travis Lulay has real injury issues with his shoulder. One hit in the wrong place & his career could be finished. Does a GM really want totake a chance with him & the money he'll want? And he'll want to be a starter.

Other than Ray or Harris who would you sign? If we sign Harris then he's the starter & Willy's out. I don't think that'll happen. Do we bring in Ray as a backup at a substantially reduced price? I think it's doubtful that he would he leave Toronto to come here to backup Willy. 

So then, Nicholls makes sense for the Bombers to sign.

Edited by iso_55

1 hour ago, BigBlue said:

The missing ingredient is still ... well the missing ingredient we haven't had in a very very long time:

A BOD with the will to win and until that changes expect more of the same

Yes, what we need is the directors sitting in a room screaming "Win" at the top of their lungs while watching the game because that's clearly what's been missing until now.

BOD hire the President. After that, it's the President who hires the GM. The GM hires the Head Coach & the Head Coach hires the OC, DC & his assistants. Be interesting to see if The Troika can turn things around next season. 

Edited by iso_55

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

You like Gale? Cut by Toronto in the fall and signed by nobody but dislike Nichols?

Need someone for wildcat.  

Just kidding...  I only picked Gale because he's big and was in a good system in Toronto.  I'd take a look at him but wouldn't bet the farm.

Harris is the only one worth anything...

1 hour ago, iso_55 said:

The Bombers won't be going for Harris. I can see the Als going after him or with a new regime, Saskatchewan to make a splash.  More than likely he signs with the Argos again.

Can't see how Sask or Toronto can afford him...  could see him in BC but they'd have to get rid of Lulay

17 hours ago, iso_55 said:

When I look at the other backups in the league he is probably one of the best.

Drew Tate is rotting on the bench in Calgary behind Mitchell. Huff never played him except the last game of the season when he started & looked fine. However, he seems happy there in his limited backup role.

Travis Lulay has real injury issues with his shoulder. One hit in the wrong place & his career could be finished. Does a GM really want totake a chance with him & the money he'll want? And he'll want to be a starter.

Other than Ray or Harris who would you sign? If we sign Harris then he's the starter & Willy's out. I don't think that'll happen. Do we bring in Ray as a backup at a substantially reduced price? I think it's doubtful that he would he leave Toronto to come here to backup Willy. 

So then, Nicholls makes sense for the Bombers to sign.

Ray's name is not even on the table anymore.  Resigned before the New Year and will most likely be starting for the Argos this season. 

True, I had forgotten that Ray signed but Floyd seems to think there are better backup qbs out there than Nicholls. Where? If the Bombers followed Floyd's advice & signed Harris who is older by a couple of years then it would mean we would have to deal Willy as he is getting starters money. Never happen.

On 1/4/2016 at 6:43 PM, WBBFanWest said:

Yes, what we need is the directors sitting in a room screaming "Win" at the top of their lungs while watching the game because that's clearly what's been missing until now.

How about a BOD that will pay up for the best coaches scouts and managers instead of going for all these rookies and "experiments" as a starting point to wiser spending?

Your ridiculing sarcasm lacks depth and insight

The reaction around the league seems to be that teams like Sask and Edm are creating an unrealistic bubble in coaching salaries. The Cap was brought in to try and keep a balance and element of sanity to player salaries now the spend spend spend your way to winning has flowed into coaching.

5 hours ago, BigBlue said:

How about a BOD that will pay up for the best coaches scouts and managers instead of going for all these rookies and "experiments" as a starting point to wiser spending?

Your ridiculing sarcasm lacks depth and insight

Wow! Now there is the pot calling the kettle black

On January 4, 2016 at 1:30 PM, iso_55 said:

True, I had forgotten that Ray signed but Floyd seems to think there are better backup qbs out there than Nicholls. Where? If the Bombers followed Floyd's advice & signed Harris who is older by a couple of years then it would mean we would have to deal Willy as he is getting starters money. Never happen.

I'm not talking 'backup', I'm talking about signing someone to push Willy or replace him when he gets hurt five games into the season...

Harris' stats are better than Willy's, especially the TD to INT ratio.  Walters would be crazy not to look at him... but he probably won't.  We'll see if it was totally MB or partly Willy's happy feet...