Game 27 : Capitals @ Jets

...How was that winning goal not ruled ' not enough proof to overturn it' right off the bat, and the refs going with the original call of a goal for us..What a bunch of dithering...looked like they were bending over for the Caps....In any event good solid win and I hope we can build on it

...How was that winning goal not ruled ' not enough proof to overturn it' right off the bat, and the refs going with the original call of a goal for us..What a bunch of dithering...looked like they were bending over for the Caps....In any event good solid win and I hope we can build on it

Garry Galley mentioned in passing that the head refs can't review an offside challenge which then forced the linesman to review it for 9 and half hours. Insane.

Trouba fighting was pure 'i got your back' type approach. That's hockey.

My-oh-my-oh-Myers!

Total game for Mr Myers. Smart offensively, and dominated Mr Ovechkin.

Meyers also did that last year, when they played the same team. I think Ovechkin had one shot in that game. completely smothered by Meyers. who I think gets put on the ice against Ovechkin.

Some of those Russians sure can play though... contrary to what some people think,

Kusnetzoff (sp?)

that guy is slick. Jets seemed mesmerized by him at times.

There was talk of them playing better last season for hutch than Pavs. Might be complete nonsense. Might be a little extra confidence. Might be a little extra desire to help a rookie.

On the other hand, had Helle not made a few tremendous saves yesterday we wouldn't be talking about the team playing better.

There was talk of them playing better last season for hutch than Pavs. Might be complete nonsense. Might be a little extra confidence. Might be a little extra desire to help a rookie.

On the other hand, had Helle not made a few tremendous saves yesterday we wouldn't be talking about the team playing better.

This is exactly it, especially the last part... If Helle didn't make several tremendous saves, we wouldn't be talking about it. In the end, Jets were out shot and in my opinion, out played after the first period pretty badly... I believe after the first the jets had 16 shots on goal and washington had like 4... 

Jets ended up with like 34 and the caps had like 38...

Caps pretty much took over in the 2nd and 3rd and pretty much owned the Jets in OT. Jets scored on their like only shot in OT..Caps had several shots. 

After the first, the Jets were out shot 34 to like 18 (give or take)

Helle was the reason they won pretty much, they played ok, they played a good defensive game, lots of washingtons shots were pretty standard saves, several weren't tho and Helle just made it look easy. He's so good at tracking the puck and his positioning is so good that sometimes, the tough shots look like easy saves too but only looked easy because of his pretty tremendous positioning.

This is exactly it, especially the last part... If Helle didn't make several tremendous saves, we wouldn't be talking about it. In the end, Jets were out shot and in my opinion, out played after the first period pretty badly... I believe after the first the jets had 16 shots on goal and washington had like 4... 

Caps pretty much took over in the 2nd and 3rd and pretty much owned the Jets in OT. Jets scored on their like only shot in OT..Caps had several shots. 

Helle was the reason they won pretty much, they played ok, they played a good defensive game, lots of washingtons shots were pretty standard saves, several weren't tho and Helle just made it look easy. He's so good at tracking the puck and his positioning is so good that sometimes, the tough shots look like easy saves too but only looked easy because of his pretty tremendous positioning.

Like pretty much.

Like pretty much.

I KNOW RIGHT....... like whatever tho 

Some questions I ponder to keep myself away from chores today...

Anyone ever notice how many times Buff says "you know" in an interview......I doubt you can find an interview with him that he doesn't say "you know" at least 10 times.

I guess Armia was called up in case of an emergency or injury? I was really hoping to see him get some ice time.

The team is playing better for the last 5 or so games. Can we make the playoffs? Will we?

Yesterday's game's observations...

Myers played really well.

Chiarot didn't hurt himself.

Buff didn't play bad but he took some shifts off last night... Maybe parts of shifts is a better way to say it.

Scheif has really come on the last little while. Is he a top 10 center if he is consistently on his game?

Is Morrissey ready to take Stuart's job yet?

I know a lot of people don't agree with this but I think Staf has played well and despite streaky points totals, has played the same game every game.

Who is going to replace Buff's TOI if/when he is traded? I can't see Kostalek or Glover or Poolman making the team next year and Maurice doesn't seem to have much confidence in Postma. Trouba would pick up some and Myers might get an extra 3 or so minutes but Buff is averaging just under 24 minutes a game! Why isn't Maurice playing one of the top 3 RHD on the LHD? Trouba didn't really look out of place there but do you want to shift him over now that his game has picked up? If Trouba and Myers see 25 each, the other RHD would need to play 10, anyone in the system to do that?

Trouba fighting was pure 'i got your back' type approach. That's hockey.

Trouba playing better lately. Almost not want to trade him for Hamonic now,.

is it stupid to think that the team plays better for Hellybucyk than for the other two?

do teams do that?

I think teams play better with rookie goalie. See Hutch's first year.

I sometimes worry about Helle's rebound control.

New pads. They'll soften up as the year goes by :)

Anyone ever notice how many times Buff says "you know" in an interview......I doubt you can find an interview with him that he doesn't say "you know" at least 10 times.

I guess Armia was called up in case of an emergency or injury? I was really hoping to see him get some ice time.

No one is worse at "you know" then the great Dave Babych.

Tough for Armia to get in with Thorburn/Peluso playing good. Best chance is 4th line center at this point.