Game 12: Jets @ Habs

IC Khari

I think it was called because the Jets were getting a call already.  Decided to even it up.  Ladd also didnt really deserve a penalty since the most egregious thing he did was get jumped from behind and slammed to the ice.

Ladd dropped the gloves and started fighting Gallagher and Gallagher wanted nothing of it.  Don't think Ladd would have got the penalty there if he didn't drop the gloves.  

Bob McKenzie         @TSNBobMcKenzie

No word yet from @NHLPlayerSafety but I imagine WPG's Dustin Byfuglien's hit on MTL's Brendan Gallagher last night will get a long look.

Is Bob falling for the "Montreal can do no wrong" nonsense?  Buff delivered a 100% clean body check. 

I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out why it was even a penalty. Other than Gallagher selling it with the pinwheel....

Solid hit, comes up with his elbow after the hit which doesn't matter. Maybe that influenced the ref.

Buff didn't play well, but what I like is knowing that when Buff, Trouba and Stewart on the ice, the middle of the ice isn't a happy place for opposing players. 

Jets were fighting an uphill battle as soon as that previous nifght's game was over. A nice solid game on Sat., a flight, an injury, two plugs on one line, a very good opponent playing undefeated at home and Montreal's fast skating good start is enough to down any team. Add in one of the most disorganized games played by the defence, and you get that disastrous start. Hutchison never stood a chance.

Out the window, in the bin, with that game, with the realization that the 2 points won the night before were more important than the 2 points lost to an Eastern opponent.

Buff's size basically prevents him from playing well on back to back nights, especially when they're roadies. It's just gotta be so tough to maintain an energy level while playing at that size...

Not just buff though?

The crazy fast pace of these games, together with travelling.... Common sense says it's  going to affect most of them. I don't think it's  possible to play full out night after night specially throwing in travelling.

Just want to add, I know Copp is banged up but... roster management has been a joke this year.. big time... Maurice seems to be getting a free pass but...

When you are dressing both Thor and Peluso, that's a problem... Call up Armia or De Leo or whoever, there is absolutely no need ever to have both Thor and Peluso dressed at the same time. 

It makes us worse.... 

and the commentating today is just brutal

Love Hughson but Mike Johnson, man, i'm pretty sure he's blown his load about 10 times talking about Montreal. 

Roster management bad? was that during their wins or only their losses?

The Only game the Jets have won when Peluso played was against CBJ... the rest that he has dressed for, they have lost. He's not the reason for the loss but it's interesting none the less.

Also Buff, just terrible and who lead the team in ice last night? You guessed it, Buff. Not sure why Maurice doesn't sit Buff down a bit more at times, he is a liability out there at times, pinches, gets caught, coasts back.. no effort at all. The short handed goal was a direct result of buff pinching at a bad time. 

Saw a nice little quote from a habs fan last night on twitter, said... Buff is more valuable to other teams than he is to the Jets, I have to agree with that especially when his effort and hustle level was so poor last night. Teams value him, Jets need to move him before it's too late. 

And I thought that was a pretty clean hit, puck was there, just Buff is bigger and Gallagher sold it pretty good, Thought maybe Gallagher should have got extra for diving... 

One thing I also noticed on twitter, Habs fans complain about everything, every hit is illegal according to them

I guess, the only question i'd have is, if Buffs hit was illegal, what's a clean hit? 

I don't even think Montreal played that good, the Jets were just really bad. Like worst game i've seen in a long long time from the Jets bad. 

Saw a nice little quote from a habs fan last night on twitter, said... Buff is more valuable to other teams than he is to the Jets,

Could just be another one of those hidden messages that they want the guy so they make him look bad.

Yeah man, Edmonton should get rid of T.Hall, he's no good for them :P

If anything Buff letup after knocking the puck away and didn’t throw the full force of his body into the check.

I swear every 2 – 3 games, Buff gets a penalty for a check that sends the other player flying simply because of the size difference.

Buff is now a multiple offender.  4 games minimum for this.   Time to trade him if the league is going to keep penalizing him for his size.

I really can't see Buff getting any games for this. It'd be really hard to argue, with the evidence before them, that this was an illegal hit. If you limit Buff's hits to asking permission before the hit, you're partly negating his value. I agree, keep the arms down, and out with the head hits, but this was a body check, pure and simple. I mean the guy went after Buff right after the hit, so how badly was he affected?

I really can't see Buff getting any games for this. It'd be really hard to argue, with the evidence before them, that this was an illegal hit. If you limit Buff's hits to asking permission before the hit, you're partly negating his value. I agree, keep the arms down, and out with the head hits, but this was a body check, pure and simple. I mean the guy went after Buff right after the hit, so how badly was he affected?

This hearing should be a non issue especially since Gallagher hopped right up and got into the mix up, missed no time on the ice because frankly he didn't get hit in the head  by a phantom elbow. Is it Buff's fault that he is almost a foot taller.

I really hope on March 5th when the wimp-ass Canadien Cry-babies come to town we really let those bums have it.  And if the Jets go up by a few goals, I hope the fans do the Nah nah nah hey hey chant like the Montreal fans were doing for the last half of the "turd" period last night.  Screw those bozos.