Mr Walters: What has Ottawa done that you have not?

BigBlue

TSN picks a storyline, particularly Suitor, and runs it into the ground all broadcast, even if it is complete rubbish. Suitor needs to make some in-game adjustments.

American style sports broadcasting. The game isn't interesting to sell itself they have to find some story to sell, just ridiculous.

Not sure it's American style.  I don't get the same kind of thing on NFL broadcasts.

Are you kidding me? The NFL hypes the crap out of any little thing. It's the single biggest reason that I can't watch the NFL despite being a football fan. Maybe it's not one player throughout the course of the game but Americans are obsessed with playing the game on paper and then seeing if the game will follow their script. 

Maybe it was like that at one point but I watch a ton of NFL and it's nothing like what they do on CFL broadcasts.

NFL is a spectacle, they talk of a lot of crazy things during games and like CFL broadcasts they beat that dead horse in to the ground... the difference tho is the NFL announcers are better at their jobs and it doesn't sound as forced or scripted, they at times go off script.

TSN seems to pick a few guys before the game.. Last game it was Crompton and regardless of what he's doing or not doing on the field, they pump him up so much that by the end of it you are sick of it..

THE NFL does the same however, let's just say they were talking about Tom Brady, but let's say Marcus Mariota is having a good game too, they will talk of him too.

The CFL guys will ignore other players, the NFL guys won't. There is a difference, it's subtle but...it's there. NFL announcers are more polished really. 

Theres no doubt that in both leagues, they have scripts to follow, only real difference is in the NFL, they sometimes don't follow the script.. they go off script really and talk of other things at times, in the CFL.. yeah TSN picks a few names probably from a hat before hand and just go on and on and on about them the entire game.

Yes, that is the difference.  The NFL broadcasters will actually talk about the game, and if one player is unexpectedly having a great game, they will latch onto that and talk about that instead of the storyline that they had coming in.  In the CFL, players can be having a career day and no one will comment on it because they are talking about the same silly thing they always do.  How this coach drinks 3 coffees every gameday or that player keeps a funny picture in their locker.  Just stupid fluff stories that no one cares about, certainly no one cares about them enough to hear it for an entire 3 hour broadcast.

NFL is also a lot better about letting you know about little things happening in-game.  CFL announcers either have no desire to tell us when there is a personnel change on the OL or DL or they just don't notice.

"Been waitin’ for that one for a while,” says Bass, of his first meeting with the Ottawa REDBLACKS. “They basically just told me I wasn’t good enough. I wasn’t fast enough, I couldn’t move well in space and things like that. For a guy who’s been trying to make it for the past two and a half, three years, that’s not exactly what you want to hear.”  http://www.bluebombers.com/article/syndicated/475019/landry-bass-determination-led-path-to-bombers

RedBlacks also cut Eric Rogers. The guys in Ottawa aren't as brilliant as some in CFL circles & media are making them out to be. i know cuz I asked Norman Einstein. 

Yes, that is the difference.  The NFL broadcasters will actually talk about the game, and if one player is unexpectedly having a great game, they will latch onto that and talk about that instead of the storyline that they had coming in.  In the CFL, players can be having a career day and no one will comment on it because they are talking about the same silly thing they always do.  How this coach drinks 3 coffees every gameday or that player keeps a funny picture in their locker.  Just stupid fluff stories that no one cares about, certainly no one cares about them enough to hear it for an entire 3 hour broadcast.

NFL is also a lot better about letting you know about little things happening in-game.  CFL announcers either have no desire to tell us when there is a personnel change on the OL or DL or they just don't notice.

Ive also never missed multiple plays a game so they can show a prerecorded interview during the game like CFL broadcasts do.. Soo annoying to listen to the crowd go nuts and see a coach or player drone on about some random garbage..

Pre-taped interviews are horrid, and usually ill-timed, but, for me the absolute worst is the live interview that rambles on minutes on end while the play by play is either ignored, or briefly commented on. I want to see the game, and hear a play by play, not hear what has gone on in somebody's life since retiring twenty years ago. These live interviews are just painful to hear and watch and makes me want only radio broadcasts, because, at least they try to explain what's going on.