Season Starts After Labour Day

Floyd

Said this last year, when we still had a winning record... this year, we don't.

Team is flailing, D and O are about to split in the locker room

ST still has same problems - Pat Tracey not cutting it, our ST 'captain' Pontbriand stills takes penalties

Everyone trying to make the play on their own... this falls on Tracey

Brohm - this falls on Walters, other teams have found good depth - Walters and crew are still 'test driving' QBs...  Davis is not the answer, Russell wasn't, we traded for Portis...  Nichols?  I had success on TSN Fantasy because I picked Ds playing against Nichols early this season...

Defence - decent, but teams know that they will tire and then just let the OL/RB take over in the fourth

Hurl - I haven't seen the progress, still over-commits, still misses reads...

we give Simmons one play and he makes an impact - so instead we start Shell when Randle goes down

Penalties - this is coaching, its basically the main thing coaches can control

Bellefuile - nothing left to say...  Chap has a young gunslinger with Smith and changed his gameplay... MB has the same and decides to make Marve into a pocket passer.  Nuff said.

Oshea - I desperately want to cheer for him.  But that last timeout was embarrassing.  Get in the fkn game.  Dyce has ten times more poise in his first game.

Luckily, this is probably the last game I can watch live for the season... can guarantee that I won't spend three hours on youtube for any of the rest, maybe skim through a few but I doubt it

Garbage.  On par with Burke, Kelly and Daley... just garbage.

This team is in free fall.  We might win one more game.

Said this last year, when we still had a winning record... this year, we don't.

Team is flailing, D and O are about to split in the locker room

ST still has same problems - Pat Tracey not cutting it, our ST 'captain' Pontbriand stills takes penalties

Everyone trying to make the play on their own... this falls on Tracey

Brohm - this falls on Walters, other teams have found good depth - Walters and crew are still 'test driving' QBs...  Davis is not the answer, Russell wasn't, we traded for Portis...  Nichols?  I had success on TSN Fantasy because I picked Ds playing against Nichols early this season...

Defence - decent, but teams know that they will tire and then just let the OL/RB take over in the fourth

Hurl - I haven't seen the progress, still over-commits, still misses reads...

we give Simmons one play and he makes an impact - so instead we start Shell when Randle goes down

Penalties - this is coaching, its basically the main thing coaches can control

Bellefuile - nothing left to say...  Chap has a young gunslinger with Smith and changed his gameplay... MB has the same and decides to make Marve into a pocket passer.  Nuff said.

Oshea - I desperately want to cheer for him.  But that last timeout was embarrassing.  Get in the fkn game.  Dyce has ten times more poise in his first game.

Luckily, this is probably the last game I can watch live for the season... can guarantee that I won't spend three hours on youtube for any of the rest, maybe skim through a few but I doubt it

Garbage.  On par with Burke, Kelly and Daley... just garbage.

This team is in free fall.  We might win one more game.

Simmons backs up Bass at WIL and Hurl at MAC.  Randle's the SAM, basically a DB.  Shell's his backup.

Simmons backs up Bass at WIL and Hurl at MAC.  Randle's the SAM, basically a DB.  Shell's his backup.

Bass-Simmons-Hurl were on the field earlier...  either way, Shell is not the answer.  I'd take Unamba right now.

I only listened to the game so I didn't see that.  Can Simmons cover their slot receiver?  Hurl sure can't.  Only time I'd have that trio on is for an expected run play or a blitz.  But I'm all for trying different things.  And if I recall Unamba was great on Special teams but poor on D.  Which is why we let him go.  Did Sask use him on D a lot today?

Bass-Simmons-Hurl were on the field earlier...  either way, Shell is not the answer.  I'd take Unamba right now.

I only listened to the game so I didn't see that.  Can Simmons cover their slot receiver?  Hurl sure can't.  Only time I'd have that trio on is for an expected run play or a blitz.  But I'm all for trying different things.  And if I recall Unamba was great on Special teams but poor on D.  Which is why we let him go.  Did Sask use him on D a lot today?

They didn't... but I'll take Unamba as a back up over Lin-J Shell - he just came in and took a penalty

Unamba was fantastic on Sask's ST

Just saying, playing Hurl over Simmons is crazy... Randle is hurt now so why not Bass-Simmons-Sherman

I wouldn't mind Simmons over Hurl (assuming we can't get Muamba back).  I don't know about Sherman's ability to cover receivers though.  

We were sending Randle on blitz a lot today... pretty much the same role as Sherman last year

If Randle is down, we have no backup - its Lin-J Shell or Sherman...  you pick.

I'd be willing to put my first born that Nichols is our starter next week and we win by at least 20. He may have thrown more ints than tds but it's more than Brohm has done.

I am no longer sure that the team believes it can win any more, and that extends right into the coaching ranks, and perhaps even to the GM. 's ability to find the right players to fill the obvious holes.

Only thing that might save this team is signing Muamba - but thats a longshot...

Need a spark somewhere... when Johnny Adams is taking 'frustration' penalties and Leggett is just an 'average' safety... something's up

I'd say right now, Westerman is the only thing holding the D together - and they are the foundation of this team

I'd be willing to put my first born that Nichols is our starter next week and we win by at least 20. He may have thrown more ints than tds but it's more than Brohm has done.

I am no longer sure that the team believes it can win any more, and that extends right into the coaching ranks, and perhaps even to the GM. 's ability to find the right players to fill the obvious holes.

More pressure than ever to sign Muamba next week, the fans and the management need a big distraction from this teams piss-poor performance.

Muamba would just be a slight of hand at this point, the Offence is what smells.

I think Juranboldrules has it right. Our New, improved,  O line, is barely better than last year.

So, no time to throw downfield, can't run, and no offence. Did you see their attempts to run the ball? Even with a bigger back, just nothing there. against a defence that every team can run on.

They throw four to seven  yard passes, cause if they try a longer pass, quarterback is on his back before the receiver is downfield.

Think of how badly pummelled Drew got, trying to get the ball downfield. 

The O line is pretty bad.  I wonder if it's the worst in the league.

Muamba would just be a slight of hand at this point, the Offence is what smells.

I think Juranboldrules has it right. Our New, improved,  O line, is barely better than last year.

So, no time to throw downfield, can't run, and no offence. Did you see their attempts to run the ball? Even with a bigger back, just nothing there. against a defence that every team can run on.

They throw four to seven  yard passes, cause if they try a longer pass, quarterback is on his back before the receiver is downfield.

60% of Sask's plays were running on a windy day...  MB still called 60% pass - blame OL all you want, change personnel every year... its his playbook

The Bomber offense looks like the Mike Kelly version all over again.

60% of Sask's plays were running on a windy day...  MB still called 60% pass - blame OL all you want, change personnel every year... its his playbook

A good majority of Sasks running plays came in the 3rd and 4th quarters once when they had built their commanding lead.

In the 4th quarter Messam took the game over and it was done.

They tried to establish the run game early and it was stuffed. Need some blocking to run the ball

Roll outs, options sweeps, screens, pitches? Naw, lets just run right up the gut.... and mix it up with the 4 yd passes.  2 short TD drives setup by Rider turnovers, ...in between.....nothing.  Still don't think that Brohm is very good....but MB is a total and complete incompetent, period.

He wants O'Shea's job and I think he is going to get it before the season is done.

With Randle.  They ran the odd 30 front with 3 linebackers.  None of those guys can cover a receiver.  The front 7 is basically the front 6, and that's universal in the Canadian game.

Unamba can't cover anything and takes stupid penalties.  The only game he played significant snaps for the Riders he took 3 IC penalties.  He's terrible.  Not sure why people get fixated on terrible players.