Is B.C. worse than the Blue?

I just want to see the best players playing. I couldn't care less if they are imports like Milt and Roberts or NI's like Walby and House. 

At the very least, the league should have reduced the number of required NI's by 1 when Ottawa came into the league. It would have meant the worst player on each team would be eliminated and replaced by a better player for less money. A win win situation if there ever was one. No it wouldn't mean that the best starting NI's would never get a chance. It would mean the worst NI's wouldn't get a job.

Reducing the number of jobs held for inferior NI players wouldn't change the CFL very much, except maybe for better football.

Not sure how you can advocate increasing the non import ratio? Clearly teams are struggling to find non imports already. The season isn't half over and this problem is only going to get worse. You want to make the CFL a glorified CIS? Attendance is already a concern due to what some consider a sloppy inferior brand of football.

I dunno. How many really good games have we seen this year even with the rule changes? Look at last night, it was billed as a defensive struggle but  it was a blow out for the Cats. Fans aren't coming out to the games live because I think ticket prices are too high & if the bad games keep happening then ratings will suffer which could hurt the next tv deal. The Grey Cup may not sell out in a reduced 36,000 seat venue & don't the Bombers & Winnipeg look great over that?? The CFL has to sit down & figure out how to fix this. Reducing the ratio  may have to be the way to go. 

I dunno. How many really good games have we seen this year even with the rule changes? Look at last night, it was billed as a defensive struggle but  it was a blow out for the Cats. Fans aren't coming out to the games live because I think ticket prices are too high & if the bad games keep happening then ratings will suffer which could hurt the next tv deal. The Grey Cup may not sell out in a reduced 36,000 seat venue & don't the Bombers & Winnipeg look great over that?? The CFL has to sit down & figure out how to fix this. Reducing the ratio  may have to be the way to go. 

Or stop calling 50 penalties every game

I dunno. How many really good games have we seen this year even with the rule changes? Look at last night, it was billed as a defensive struggle but it was a blow out for the Cats. Fans aren't coming out to the games live because I think ticket prices are too high & if the bad games keep happening then ratings will suffer which could hurt the next tv deal. The Grey Cup may not sell out in a reduced 36,000 seat venue & don't the Bombers & Winnipeg look great over that?? The CFL has to sit down & figure out how to fix this. Reducing the ratio may have to be the way to go.

Or stop calling 50 penalties every game

The penalties are on the players....the import players...the ones some want to increase.

I just want to see the best players playing. I couldn't care less if they are imports like Milt and Roberts or NI's like Walby and House. 

At the very least, the league should have reduced the number of required NI's by 1 when Ottawa came into the league. It would have meant the worst player on each team would be eliminated and replaced by a better player for less money. A win win situation if there ever was one. No it wouldn't mean that the best starting NI's would never get a chance. It would mean the worst NI's wouldn't get a job.

Reducing the number of jobs held for inferior NI players wouldn't change the CFL very much, except maybe for better football.

I agree about wanting to see the best players play and reducing the ratio with an extra team. I wouldn't have a problem watching football if the only Canadians that were on the team were ones that beat out Americans. But I get that it isn't good for CIS and that its important to try and draw in young fans to the game.

I frankly think the caliber of the performance hasn't been kept in line with the increase in ticket prices/concessions etc. 

Wally gutted the Lions. He interfered too much as a GM. The trouble with Buono is his huge ego & the fact he thinks he is the best coach the Lions have. He may be but the trouble is he is the elephant in the room just like Jim Popp is in Montreal. 

They have made the playoffs every year he has been in BC with 3 Grey Cup appearances and 2 wins.  134 - 81 record with BC.  He has done this with multiple different Qbs in that span making his record all the more impressive.  He will get a few years to turn things around even if the Lions don't make the playoffs this season...unless the new owners don't like him.

I'd take one less starting NI perhaps. Not sure if it is the injuries, too many NIs playing or just an off year.

To me, it feels like the new rules have rewarded aggressive DCs...  you HAVE to blitz a lot more now, only scheme that works with new rules is overload the line and leave 5-6 DBs 10 yards back.  If you have a super accurate and confident QB, you're good, if not, ugh.

Through the season, this starts separating the very good QBs - Collaros, BLM, Harris - from the average - Cato, Lulay (now), Nichols

I think we'll see more blowouts as the season progresses not less. 

The quality of play has improved this year over last year.  No question in my mind.  Blowouts have happened all the time, even with two supposedly well-matched teams.

People want to reduce the non-import ratio further?  How oh how did the league manage with 11 Canadian starters when I was growing up in the 80s?  You're basically saying that the quality of Canadian players has declined while the CIS has improved during the same 30-year time frame.  Does not compute.

Too close to call.. Our defense is better then theirs.. Their QB is better then ours.. Their RB is better.. Better coaching for BC..

Oline is a wash, STs seem to be as well. We take less penalties i believe...

*shrug*

This is the one that concerns me the most. A smart, experienced head coach and I think we have a good chance. With MOS, I have no confidence whatsoever. He doesn't seem to have a grip on the reality of this team's players and coaches. Too many poor decisions. Too much misplaced loyalty. I can see him mismanaging this team right out of the playoffs.

Wally gutted the Lions. He interfered too much as a GM. The trouble with Buono is his huge ego & the fact he thinks he is the best coach the Lions have. He may be but the trouble is he is the elephant in the room just like Jim Popp is in Montreal. 

I couldn't agree more, however, I have a dreaded feeling both of those teams will be playoff bound and looking down on us at season's end.

They have made the playoffs every year he has been in BC with 3 Grey Cup appearances and 2 wins.  134 - 81 record with BC.  He has done this with multiple different Qbs in that span making his record all the more impressive.  He will get a few years to turn things around even if the Lions don't make the playoffs this season...unless the new owners don't like him.

Just goes to show how critical it is to have good coaching and management. We are a good example of what happens without good coaching and management -- 25 years without a championship and no recent playoff appearances. For some reason, we just don't seem to understand this in Winnipeg and continue to live in denial putting our faith in unproven/rookie coaches and inept management.

I couldn't agree more, however, I have a dreaded feeling both of those teams will be playoff bound and looking down on us at season's end.

of course you do... you always do. you always seem to think the bombers are destined for ruin lol.

The quality of play has improved this year over last year. No question in my milnd. Blowouts have happened all the time, even with two supposedly well-matched teams.

People want to reduce the non-import ratio further? How oh how did the league manage with 11 Canadian starters when I was growing up in the 80s? You're basically saying that the quality of Canadian players has declined while the CIS has improved during the same 30-year time frame. Does not compute.

you can't compare the CFL in the 80s to now. The NFL was not the juggernaut it is now. The salary cap - if there was one - was not enforced, we could offer more money to lure some players away from teams when they were unhappy with there situations. They certainly were not scouting Canadians at all, so no player ever left for greener pastures. Remember the marquee player rule? There is so many factors that lower the talent across the CFL that were not present in the 80s.

So, yes, the talent coming out of the CIS has definitely improved, but yes, there is definitely still a drop in talent across the league.

Well, we'll see. If we are on the outside looking in, will anything be done about it?

The quality of play has improved this year over last year. No question in my milnd. Blowouts have happened all the time, even with two supposedly well-matched teams.

People want to reduce the non-import ratio further? How oh how did the league manage with 11 Canadian starters when I was growing up in the 80s? You're basically saying that the quality of Canadian players has declined while the CIS has improved during the same 30-year time frame. Does not compute.

you can't compare the CFL in the 80s to now. The NFL was not the juggernaut it is now. The salary cap - if there was one - was not enforced, we could offer more money to lure some players away from teams when they were unhappy with there situations. They certainly were not scouting Canadians at all, so no player ever left for greener pastures. Remember the marquee player rule? There is so many factors that lower the talent across the CFL that were not present in the 80s.

So, yes, the talent coming out of the CIS has definitely improved, but yes, there is definitely still a drop in talent across the league.

In the 80's a player like Henoc Muamba would have been a Bomber for a decade. Now, it's one or 2 good seasons & it's sayonara CFL & hello NFL.

of course you do... you always do. you always seem to think the bombers are destined for ruin lol.

25 years of failure will do that to you and here we are again with unproven coaches making blunder after blunder. What do you want me to say, that everything is looking great when it isn't? I'm just calling it the way I see it. Let's revisit this at season's end and see if I was right. I usually am.

Well, we'll see. If we are on the outside looking in, will anything be done about it?

Good question. Interesting to see that Montreal just fired Higgins. If Popp was in Wpg would he have pulled the trigger on O'Shea by now? We seem to be a lot more tolerant of failure here than in other cities. 

Good question. Interesting to see that Montreal just fired Higgins. If Popp was in Wpg would he have pulled the trigger on O'Shea by now? We seem to be a lot more tolerant of failure here than in other cities.
No one wants a repeat of the **** show 2013 season. However, Walters & O'Shea are buddies. Former college teammates & roomies. He'll give MOS all kinds of time to be mediocre.