Aug 12 practice

Doublezero

u have to remember the practice rules in the cfl, i do not know them 100 percent, but the players can only be in meetings and on the field x number of hrs per day and the times are set at the beg of the seasons, so my guess is that was the case on wed for practice as well 

Sucks that their only practice this week was interrupted by weather. Hopefully the mental reps work for Marve.

Too bad they didn't take into account that the weather could be bad, it was forecast...they could have had it and hour or more earlier.
Right, because forecasts are always right.
Long term forecasts, I agree. But when the forecast says there's a storm coming in a couple hours, it's usually accurate.

Yeah, that's a big BS from me.  I've looked at the forecast many times first thing in the morning this summer, and it's barely ever right.

I found this is helpful. Resets itself every couple of hours. Doesn't always show rain, but you can certainly see when large storms are coming out way.

http://sirocco.accuweather.com/sat_mosaic_640x480_public/rs/isarun.gif

Sucks that their only practice this week was interrupted by weather. Hopefully the mental reps work for Marve.

Too bad they didn't take into account that the weather could be bad, it was forecast...they could have had it and hour or more earlier.
Right, because forecasts are always right.
Long term forecasts, I agree. But when the forecast says there's a storm coming in a couple hours, it's usually accurate.

Yeah, that's a big BS from me. I've looked at the forecast many times first thing in the morning this summer, and it's barely ever right.

I found this is helpful. Resets itself every couple of hours. Doesn't always show rain, but you can certainly see when large storms are coming out way.

http://sirocco.accuweather.com/sat_mosaic_640x480_public/rs/isarun.gif

That's too complicated for the Bomber coaching staff.

To prove that forecasts are wrong lots of times... has anyone looked outside? Black as black can be over here, oh thunder.. it's gonna rain but guess what.. just looked at my weather app and nope, says nothing of the sorts yet looking outside and just listening shows me that yup it's a coming. 

To prove that forecasts are wrong lots of times... has anyone looked outside? Black as black can be over here, oh thunder.. it's gonna rain but guess what.. just looked at my weather app and nope, says nothing of the sorts yet looking outside and just listening shows me that yup it's a coming.

The storm prior to practice this week was forecasted.

I'm not convinced they could have changed the practice time that quickly.. 

Yeah it was forecasted but that means nothing really.. it means it might happen or it might not happen really. The weather people are so wrong all the time it's crazy, i'd say when they actually get it right, it's more surprising. Pretty sure there are rules in place and they are decided on by the PA and the CFL probably earlier in the season.. Not sure you can change it on a moments notice exactly or even on a days notice.. This would need to be done in advance i'm sure, it's probably a PA thing and i doubt the players would even allow them to change the time..

It rains it rains.. it is what it is really. 

Funny cuz it didn't really start raining until about 1215 1220 ish and the practice started at 12. So really... It's bitching about nothing for the sake of what exactly? 

Not only a doctor now eh Gbill but a pro scout, professional football coach and a weatherman? Jack of all trades. 

Yeah I think this might be the dumbest argument on here yet. And there have been some doozies.

Well it does beg the question, on a short week, with one scheduled practice and a QB making his first start, you have a storm forecasted during the practice, and the coaching staff does nothing? Seems odd to me.

Yeah I think this might be the dumbest argument on here yet. And there have been some doozies.

Well it does beg the question, on a short week, with one scheduled practice and a QB making his first start, you have a storm forecasted during the practice, and the coaching staff does nothing? Seems odd to me.

When do you think they should have made the change?  Did they know the night before exactly what time the storm would hit?  No chance.  Absolutely no chance.  So you're talking about them calling all their players at 8 AM and saying HEY GUYS GET HERE ASAP!!!  PRACTICE MOVED UP!!!  Doesn't work that way.

O'Shea stated that they did move up practice 20 minutes...so there.

O'Shea stated that they did move up practice 20 minutes...so there.

Obviously overlooked in that extensive Google research.

I gotta agree that trying to move around the practice to dodge what may or may not be a thunderstorm is laughable.

You play in the rain, you practice in it, it thunders and lightnings you wait it out. Forcing the team to change their schedules , treatments, book time and everything else on the tiny chance thats the forecasts right is laughable..

Trying to voice displeasure that they didnt do that on the other hand... Thats clown college level of goofiness.

I gotta agree that trying to move around the practice to dodge what may or may not be a thunderstorm is laughable.

You play in the rain, you practice in it, it thunders and lightnings you wait it out. Forcing the team to change their schedules , treatments, book time and everything else on the tiny chance thats the forecasts right is laughable..

Trying to voice displeasure that they didnt do that on the other hand... Thats clown college level of goofiness.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion :)

Everyone is entitled to their opinion :)

And that is so evident on this board lol. I think thats like the first amendment of MBB :)