Practice notes from August 28

Mike

But 3 NI receivers on an already weak offense is a stretch - but I'd try it.

Not really, with 'Brody McKnight-in-shining-armour' kicking 55 yard FGs in practice, we only have to get to the Sask 48 yd. line.

Bob Irving ‏@BobIrvingCJOB 29s

Mcknight Showing off big leg at bomber practice, launching 55-yard field goals.

Perfect!  New game plan.......We just need Woods to return it to the 48 each time we get a kickoff and instead of putting any offence on the field we just put our FG team out.  This way we don't lose another QB and we will actually put points on the board!

Watching live here... Goltz taking all first team reps since we only have the two QBs dressed. He looks okay. Hopefully they go with him.

Hi Capt, who's on WIL spot ?

Right now we have McGee and whoever is 36 mirroring Muamba

36 is Sheffield

Did you caught this?

Shawn Churchill ‏@ShawnChurchill 10m

Blue bombers dc Casey Creehan blowing a gasket at end of practice f-sharps are flying. Frustrations mounting #bluebombers

Hinds reminds me of someone who should be backing up in the defensive backfield...not starting, but anyways....

CFLDaily ‏@CFLDaily 

RT @Dave_CHED: #Eskimos sign non-import DB Ryan Hinds, ex of the Tiger-Cats. Also sign import DL Nekos Brown. #CFL

Durrrr yeah that's why I said we didn't get him and it would have been good for depth.  This is like talking to a child.

Or...acting like one.

If you can't see 'the overall' of what I was saying...don't blame me.

Jim Toth @JimTothCJOB 1m

As per @BobIrvingCJOB #Bombers are currently pursuing former #TiCats DL Greg Peach who was cut by Hamilton today. #CFL

Peach was fairly highly touted when he came in with the Esks, but hasn't really done much.  This is a great big, MEH.

PEACH, G 2009 EDM 45 1 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

PEACH, G 2010 EDM 28 0 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

PEACH, G 2011 EDM 21 4 3 1 0 1 0 1 13 13 0

PEACH, G 2012 HAM 36 0 6 0 0 0 0 2 1 1 1

Hinds reminds me of someone who should be backing up in the defensive backfield...not starting, but anyways....

CFLDaily ‏@CFLDaily 

RT @Dave_CHED: #Eskimos sign non-import DB Ryan Hinds, ex of the Tiger-Cats. Also sign import DL Nekos Brown. #CFL

Durrrr yeah that's why I said we didn't get him and it would have been good for depth.  This is like talking to a child.

Or...acting like one.

If you can't see 'the overall' of what I was saying...don't blame me.

Keep making your puns, the adults are trying to talk football

http://ht.ly/omf4b

LB Ian Wild — sick
DE Alex Hall — maintenance day
SB Terrence Edwards — maintenance day
CB Jovon Johnson — knee (day-to-day)
DT Zach Anderson — knee (will try to practise on Friday)
QB Buck Pierce — undisclosed (won’t play this week)
QB Max Hall — hand (will try to practise tomorrow)
WR Chris Matthews — foot (still out for a few more weeks)
SB Rory Kohlert — hamstring (out for at least a couple of weeks)
OL Steve Morley — knee (out for a month; having his knee scoped)
DB Demond Washington — hamstring (day-to-day)
OL Glenn January — sick
LB James Green — knee (unknown)

Per Wiecek:

Pierce is out this week

Hall will practice but Goltz will probably start

Morley is out 1 month with a knee injury

Per me:

Why are we after Peach?

per Penton:

Kohlert out for several weeks with a hammy

Douglas will start at RT

Geebus.  This team can't catch a break.

Is Michael Sims-Walker out there on the field Captain Blue?

Ya he and Kelly were both there.  Kelly is 19 and MSW is 17.  Kelly is exactly the guy we all remember from his time in Hamilton.  He's big, not extremely fast but he caught the ball when thrown to.  MSW was smooth out there, very fluid.  Neither got much time with the 1s.

Watching live here... Goltz taking all first team reps since we only have the two QBs dressed. He looks okay. Hopefully they go with him.

Hi Capt, who's on WIL spot ?

Right now we have McGee and whoever is 36 mirroring Muamba

36 is Sheffield

Did you caught this?

Shawn Churchill ‏@ShawnChurchill 10m

Blue bombers dc Casey Creehan blowing a gasket at end of practice f-sharps are flying. Frustrations mounting #bluebombers

Stayed right to the end but I don't remember if I saw Creehan yell specifically.  Plemons and the DL was in front of me for a bit and he was really vocal.

Pierce being hurt is a blessing.  This team is an utter mess, and with all the new players, the QBs who get the practice time are the ones that need to play.  It's a sad state of affairs but with Goltz and Boltus the only guys out there with several new players and presumably some new schemes from MB you have to roll with what you have.  Hopefully Hall gets out there soon.  At one point the QBs had to practice zone-read handoffs.  Now I haven't been to camp for a while so perhaps they do it everyday (likely) but it also struck me as something that indicates how far we have to go.

DeAngelis and McKnight kicked field goals after practice.  Both were solid from inside and at 40, a little shakier outside the 40.  DeAngelis dropped one about 10 yards short at one point and then McKnight followed that up by putting one maybe five yards short.  For the most part they were a lot stronger than those two kicks indicated.

Keep making your puns, the adults are trying to talk football

Don't know what your problem is...don't care, but your pretending to know more about football than others is...juvenile.

If you don't want to (pun here) react to my posts, then ignore my posts. 

Simple.

Morley and Pierce get their full salary for the year...

Really sucks about Kohlert... and Wild... like both of them.

Would have liked to see Peach a couple years ago... but not totally sure about now

LB depth McGee, Stephan and Sheffield... yikes...  Honestly would look at Stephan at Safety - he is pretty fast... but still really wondering about his durability

Morley and Pierce get their full salary for the year...

Really sucks about Kohlert... and Wild... like both of them.

Would have liked to see Peach a couple years ago... but not totally sure about now

LB depth McGee, Stephan and Sheffield... yikes...  Honestly would look at Stephan at Safety - he is pretty fast... but still really wondering about his durability

Kinda funny how Morley is healthy for 4 years straight then suddenly gets injured when he's not even playing.

As for the LB's, I'm sure Wild will play.  But at training camp, I thought Sheffield looked like our best new LB prospect, I think he may still factor in at some point.