Maximum Quote Setting

Rich

Board Quote Setting  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like the maximum quote setting to be?

• Keep it at 10
    • Bump it up to 20
    • Set it so that only the last post is quoted (any "quoted" posts in a post you are quoting would be removed)
    • Other - Please Specify

• 1 month later...

Is there going to be a change with the quote setting?

Putting a limit on it is a huge pain when you want to quote a post over the max and have to manually prune it, and then the next person to comment / quote having to do the same thing, so I am reluctant to change it.

There is a new version of the boards software out that I am considering upgrading to in the off season (a complete rewrite from the ground up), I'm hoping they've addressed the issue by having the software prune the posts over the max setting (which is the way it should be done).

Has anyone else tried the site with a Windows 10 pc? The quote system doesn't play nice with the Microsoft Edge browser for me.

With multiple quotes or when you quote one person? I'm quoting you using Windows 10 on my PC.

any quote, if I hit quote it takes me to the bottom, but the quoted text isn't there, but then if I scroll back up and hit quote again it works. All my other browsers work fine with windows 10, it's just the new Edge browser that doesn't play nice with it.

• 3 months later...

So now that we've upgraded, thought  I could give an update on this....

As far as I can tell there is no longer a setting on the maximum number of quotes, it will just take the last post and not bring over the quoted part.  (It is possible the setting is there buried some place and I just haven't been able to find it yet).

However, if just quoting the last post won't make sense or loses a lot of context, you can highlight whatever portion of a post you want, including quoted parts, than click "Quote this"  on the pop-up and it will bring over quotes from a post as well into your new post.

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Ripper said:

I voted for one, but 2 or 3 max might be ok.

Read the last post, this isn't an option anymore since the upgrade.

It is 1 be default.  If you want to quote more, highlight the text of a post and click the "quote this" pop up and all that you highlight will get quoted.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Read the last post, this isn't an option anymore since the upgrade.

It is 1 be default.  If you want to quote more, highlight the text of a post and click the "quote this" pop up and all that you highlight will get quoted.

Thanks.  I wasn't at the end of the thread when I posted, so I missed your post. I think one is awesome anyway, will really speed things up.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not been able to close the multi quote thing in the bottom right since i accidentally clicked on it.  I dont know if this has a reprecaution on my tablet, but last 2 days since I clicked it,  if I quote something, it will not go away until I post,  and in my own post once i hit the letter I to start a word, i cannot back space anymore previous to that I.  Ive noticed a few posts with some cap issues like what Ive been experiencing on my tablet (example would be like: that Is Interesting) Is this just my tablet having issues or do others experience this?

10 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I have not been able to close the multi quote thing in the bottom right since i accidentally clicked on it.  I dont know if this has a reprecaution on my tablet, but last 2 days since I clicked it,  if I quote something, it will not go away until I post,  and in my own post once i hit the letter I to start a word, i cannot back space anymore previous to that I.  Ive noticed a few posts with some cap issues like what Ive been experiencing on my tablet (example would be like: that Is Interesting) Is this just my tablet having issues or do others experience this?

Yeah, this functionality is a little weird for how long it stays around after you click / choose something.  Same thing if you quote someone by accident, it stays around, even if you navigate away from the page and come back.

Basically I think you need to past the quote in to get rid of that box, then delete the quote.

To delete the quote you need to hold down CTRL while right clicking on it.  Of course that doesn't work on a tablet.  I haven't really used the site on a tablet so can't really offer advice on it until I can try it out.

13 minutes ago, Rich said:

Yeah, this functionality is a little weird for how long it stays around after you click / choose something.  Same thing if you quote someone by accident, it stays around, even if you navigate away from the page and come back.

Basically I think you need to past the quote in to get rid of that box, then delete the quote.

To delete the quote you need to hold down CTRL while right clicking on it.  Of course that doesn't work on a tablet.  I haven't really used the site on a tablet so can't really offer advice on it until I can try it out.

I use an iPad and to delete, I delete outside the box, then I have to place the cursor outside the box again and delete again until the contents disappear.