Second supplemental draft?

SPuDS

So Calgary just used a 7th round pick in 2016 to get Brandon Tett, a defensive lineman.. A former university of oregon player and AFL player last season, In 2014 he recorded 9.5 tackles and two sacks along with a fumble recovery in 12 games played.

My question is, how? Why didn't we see this availability and add him with our 6th. Very confused because we are in need of some dline depth especially nationals..

So this guys instance was what, he didn't file in time so he gets his own draft or is the draft still essentially ongoing or..,

seems odd to me that we wouldn't have looked at a guy from the states with some legit experience if it would have cost us almost nothing..

So this guys instance was what, he didn't file in time so he gets his own draft or is the draft still essentially ongoing or..,

seems odd to me that we wouldn't have looked at a guy from the states with some legit experience if it would have cost us almost nothing..

He's 28 years old and has 1 year of arena football under his belt after taking a 3 or 4 year break from the game out of college. Hardly anything worth getting upset about.

the question I had... why is there 2 supplemental drafts??

Probably for the same reason there are any supplemental drafts at all - a guy wants to get a job in the CFL and his chances greatly improve if he's declared a NI and he didn't get his supporting documentation in in time for the most recent draft and he doesn't want to wait a year for the next draft.

Having two is an oddity, but the reasons are probably exactly the same as when there is one.  He missed the draft, then he missed the supplemental draft.  My early scouting report: he misses things.

The irony of the qualifying process to be declared a National requires the approval of the CFL and the CFLPA. The PA seems to be more stringent in their declaring someone as a National than the league. This has often resulted in the delay and need for supplemental drafts.

The irony of the qualifying process to be declared a National requires the approval of the CFL and the CFLPA. The PA seems to be more stringent in their declaring someone as a National than the league. This has often resulted in the delay and need for supplemental drafts.

A second supplemental, and this may not be the last one, in one season is an anomaly. For this year only, because of changes to the rules as to who qualifies as a non-import, the league determined that as newly eligible players become available they would allow subsequent supplemental drafts for each prospect as their paperwork was approved. Beginning next year, it will be back down to one supplemental per year.

the question I had... why is are there 2 supplemental drafts??

Probably for the same reason there are any supplemental drafts at all - a guy wants to get a job in the CFL and his chances greatly improve if he's declared a NI and he didn't get his supporting documentation in in time for the most recent draft and he doesn't want to wait a year for the next draft.

Having two is an oddity, but the reasons are probably exactly the same as when there is one.  He missed the draft, then he missed the supplemental draft.  My early scouting report: he misses things.

Makes sense... you'd think if a guy misses the draft AND the supplemental draft he'd be SOL till next year... also thanks for not pointing out my horrifying grammar error 

Makes sense... you'd think if a guy misses the draft AND the supplemental draft he'd be SOL till next year... also thanks for not pointing out my horrifying grammar error

We must be sure to speke (and rite) gooder Inglish.

The thing GC said about this being part of the new classification system for NI's sounds like the reason he wasn't SOL until next year.  Which explains why we've never heard of this oddity happening before.

He's 28 years old and has 1 year of arena football under his belt after taking a 3 or 4 year break from the game out of college. Hardly anything worth getting upset about.

not upset.. just saying its something that id have figured we woulda been all over with our need for DLine national talent.