CFL Week 2 Other Games - CGY at MTL / BC at OTT / TOR at SSK

I wonder how Glenn would have been viewed if he hadn't got his arm broken in 2007 and had won that Grey Cup... No one talks as much **** about Burris as they do Glenn and Burris is every bit the fair weather qb Glenn is. Terrible in the cold weather and pressure situations but he fluked out that one Cup win and no one questions him. 

Knowing Kevin Glenn, I have absolutely no faith that we actually win in 2007 with him at the helm.

Revisionist history. I remember the 2007 season clearly, and if Glenn doesn't have his arm broken, we kill the Riders with our defense alone. Hell, they came within 4 points of winning the damn thing with Dinwiddie, and that included an "interception" that actually skipped off  the turf and wasn't overturned because no replay yet...

Could have .. should have .. would have .. doesn't matter.   "Close" only counts with horseshoes and hand grenades.

I believe the point is "close with our backup qb making his first ever start when he had 4 turnovers on rookie mistakes"  Obviously they didn't win, but they were missing a pretty significant piece in that game

I think I still lay awake at night every now and then thinking about the 2001 and 2007 Grey Cups...

2001 was far worse to me. They came out like gang busters, but Westwood fucks the dog and they're up 4-1 instead of 9-1. sets the completely wrong tone for the game. 

Kevin Glenn could and can run an offence. He can make completions and read defences and compensate for a less than overpowering arm by getting rid of the ball quick and being a beat ahead of the defender. i give him his due for being tough (he rarely gets props for that). And we all rate him as having a good Football IQ.

What Glenn lacks, and always has lacked, the one thing that makes a great player great: he never has had the ability to put the team on his back when the chips are down and seize a victory from sure defeat.

Lesser QBs than Glenn have had that knack: Henry could do that. Kerry could do that. i even saw Bishop do it a few times. But i never once woke up on gameday thinking "oh ****, we're up against Kevin Glenn today". No fear factor.

What Glenn lacks, and always has lacked, the one thing that makes a great player great: he never has had the ability to put the team on his back when the chips are down and seize a victory from sure defeat.

This.^

Things have to be just so for Glenn to succeed. He deals poorly with adversity. Sullen with media. When he feels slighted he pouts and makes sure everyone knows it. If things go south in SSK this year you will see this.

And no I am not a Glenn hater