CFL Week 2 Other Games - CGY at MTL / BC at OTT / TOR at SSK

So Cato with zero cfl experience can pick up a blitz and throw for a td on his first drive ever... Yet. We can't put Marve on the field despite Brohm havinga a fair amount of play time over the course of two plus years???

Congratulations on making comparisons on two completely different situations and trying to equate Cato's success with what Marve would have done.

Montreal out-game-planned Calgary and Hamilton out-game-planned us. That's where the comparisons should end.

Marve has the arm strength to complete a pass. Brohm doesn't. That's where the conversation should end.

I guess you know more than Kyle Walters and Danny McManus about arm strength then. Because when Brohm was signed Walters said: "Danny played a huge role in this. Danny, who was with (Brohm) in training camp last year, could speak to some of the qualities that you couldn't find on the brief film. Danny likes his arm strength, talked about his escapability and things, but more importantly, Danny talked about the type of young man he is and the leadership he has, how he brings up everyone around him... a great person to have in the organization."

Maybe that speaks more about Danny than Brohm

Can we petition to get Danny Mac fired?

Interesting how Ottawa can pick up other team's scraps in the expansion draft, sign a few free agents and make a trade or two and still field a solid defense last year (and so far this season as well). Just imagine how good they'd be if they had any kind of offense that could give them a breather every once in a while.....

So Cato with zero cfl experience can pick up a blitz and throw for a td on his first drive ever... Yet. We can't put Marve on the field despite Brohm havinga a fair amount of play time over the course of two plus years???

Congratulations on making comparisons on two completely different situations and trying to equate Cato's success with what Marve would have done.

Montreal out-game-planned Calgary and Hamilton out-game-planned us. That's where the comparisons should end.

Marve has the arm strength to complete a pass. Brohm doesn't. That's where the conversation should end.

I guess you know more than Kyle Walters and Danny McManus about arm strength then. Because when Brohm was signed Walters said: "Danny played a huge role in this. Danny, who was with (Brohm) in training camp last year, could speak to some of the qualities that you couldn't find on the brief film. Danny likes his arm strength, talked about his escapability and things, but more importantly, Danny talked about the type of young man he is and the leadership he has, how he brings up everyone around him... a great person to have in the organization."

Okay, you pull up meaningless quotes and the rest of us will judge Brohm based off of what we see with our eyes on the football media.

I don't think i agree that Brohm doesn't have the arm strength, I mean, i think he does, just based on his college stats and all that stuff there, the guy obviously has an arm but... and time to get flamed a bit, it seemed like every other or even every play he had a guy in his face, yeah he threw some balls in the dirt, for sure... he definitely did but.. to say the guy lacks the arm strength, I don't think that's true at all, i guess he lacks it when he's throwing off one foot cuz the defender is pretty much on his other one but the guy definitely has an arm. 

I think it's silly to keep going on about Brohm tho

Brohm vs Marve really... It's silly. It's kind of pointless even. 

I'll be the first to admit that I like marve too and would have liked to see him get some reps last game, it was a blowout, why not really... but i'm not sure he's ready to be the starter just yet. Give Brohm the reps this week in practice and see what he can do first i'd say. If he struggles, ok marve time but... gotta keep in mind that Brohm got like no reps during the week. 

Brohm got no reps during the week, got the least amount of in game reps in the pre-season.. Yup, give him the starters reps and i'm sure he will be much better too. 

I really don't think Brohm was the biggest issue tho... The D has given up almost 1000 yards in 2 games and we talking bout back up qbs? 

beloved phrases heard during the broadcast

- barks out the signals

- two headed monster

- punishing runner

- right on the money

and others

looks like lulay might be more willing to slide as opposed to slamming into defenders. hope so.

I don't think i agree that Brohm doesn't have the arm strength, I mean, i think he does, just based on his college stats and all that stuff there, the guy obviously has an arm but... and time to get flamed a bit, it seemed like every other or even every play he had a guy in his face, yeah he threw some balls in the dirt, for sure... he definitely did but.. to say the guy lacks the arm strength, I don't think that's true at all, i guess he lacks it when he's throwing off one foot cuz the defender is pretty much on his other one but the guy definitely has an arm. 

I think it's silly to keep going on about Brohm tho

Brohm vs Marve really... It's silly. It's kind of pointless even. 

I'll be the first to admit that I like marve too and would have liked to see him get some reps last game, it was a blowout, why not really... but i'm not sure he's ready to be the starter just yet. Give Brohm the reps this week in practice and see what he can do first i'd say. If he struggles, ok marve time but... gotta keep in mind that Brohm got like no reps during the week. 

Agree 100%, it wouldn't have mattered which Bomber QB played as they would have faced the same pressure and the results would have been much the same.  The major breakdown for the O was in the play calling,  their inability to pick up the blitz and doing nothing to counter it.  As Brohm demonstrated last year he has decent arm strength but he is a pure pocket passer and if he can't plant, he can't throw. 

Marve would have been more entertaining and better equipped to escape the blitz but they still wouldn't have beat the Ti-Cats.