Buck Hurt Again

iso_55

Time to move out the veterans and pull the plug on the season, going to take at least two years to fix this mess.

hire the right GM and coach in the offseason It won't take that long. 

I don't think you realize just how void of talent this team really is, 3/4 of this team needs to be upgraded.

Canadian starters, Riders vs. Bombers...

Riders - Getzlaf, Labatte, Picard, Best, Heenan, Shologan, Foley, Butler.

Bombers - Muamba, Muamba, Greaves, Sorensen, Swiston, Watson, Kohlert, Etienne.

If you were looking for a reason why the Bombers can't compete... well there you go.

Well in fairness the Blue were not expecting both Hall and Pierce to go down with injuries so they probably were looking at a body to come in as a 3rd stringer/4th guy.   

So I won't crucify them if it is Boltus.   

I will crucify them if they don't bring in new blood at o-line and receiver though....

Time to move out the veterans and pull the plug on the season, going to take at least two years to fix this mess.

Two years to be competitive which I'll define at 7-9 wins and the playoffs or two years to be a legit contender, which I'll define as 10+ wins?

At least two years just to make the playoffs again, every other team is at least competitive right now, we have some catching up to do.

Good I hope they bring in 10 QBs. Once we go through them all maybe they will realize the oline is the problem! At one point in the second 4 Hamilton defenders walked through the line untouched.....4!!! It's like it was a magic trick.

This.

Two years to be competitive which I'll define at 7-9 wins and the playoffs or two years to be a legit contender, which I'll define as 10+ wins?

At least two years just to make the playoffs again, every other team is at least competitive right now, we have some catching up to do.

Saskatchewan went from 1-7 on Labour Day in 2011 and a final record of 5-13, to 8-10 the next season and look where they are now.  A quick turnaround is definitely possible.

But the Riders drafted well, were aggressive in free agency, and most importantly already had a good QB in place.  I don't know if the Bombers can replicate that, but it wouldn't be totally out of the question if they play their cards right.

Saskatchewan went from 1-7 on Labour Day in 2011 and a final record of 5-13, to 8-10 the next season and look where they are now.  A quick turnaround is definitely possible.

But the Riders drafted well, were aggressive in free agency, and most importantly already had a good QB in place.  I don't know if the Bombers can replicate that, but it wouldn't be totally out of the question if they play their cards right.

C'mon, the Riders were a talented team that needed some tweaking, this outfit needs a QB, oline, receivers, linebackers and DB's.

When considering a vet that might be available, I have a short list....all are really stop gap, not long term solutions.

Free Agents:

Porter

Jyles

McPherson

Jackson (Jarious)

Brink

Available by trade (speculative)

Elliot

Joseph

Glenn

My guess would be Jyles.

C'mon, the Riders were a talented team that needed some tweaking, this outfit needs a QB, oline, receivers, linebackers and DB's.

A talented team that needed some tweaking?  Since 2011 they replaced their RB, 4 out of 5 starting OL, 3 out of 5 starting receivers, 3 out of 4 starting DL, all 3 linebackers, and their entire secondary.

Tell me again how they only needed some tweaking.

They were coming off 4 straight winning seasons, they had talent, they just went off the rails for a bit.

Rebuilt 80% of their roster and their entire coaching staff after 2011.  All they had was a good QB and a great receiver and they built around that.

I'll take your word for it but guys like Getzlaf, Best & Shologan have been there for 6 or 7 years now.

They were coming off 4 straight winning seasons, they had talent, they just went off the rails for a bit.

Rebuilt 80% of their roster and their entire coaching staff after 2011.  All they had was a good QB and a great receiver and they built around that.

I'll take your word for it but guys like Getzlaf, Best & Shologan have been there for 6 or 7 years now.

True but that's only 3 players out of a 46 man roster, and Best is probably their worst offensive lineman right now.  I'd stack Henoc Muamba and Chris Greaves up against those guys.

The point is that over 2 years, they went out and rebuilt their Canadian talent by getting Labatte, Picard, Heenan, Watman, Hurl, Foley, Milo, etc.  The only Canadians left from 2011 are Getzlaf, Shologan, Butler, McHenry, Huclack and McCollough.  Six guys.  And they totally revamped their import talent at every position.

The one thing they really had in place already was a good QB.  As soon as we can find that, we should be able to return to being competitive.

If Boltus is brought in I doubt he's the veteran being referred to by Burke. With both Pierce and Hall injured it's quite possible the Bombers will be bringing in more than 1 QB. 

McPherson maybe or is he still hurt?

McPherson's injured?

When considering a vet that might be available, I have a short list....all are really stop gap, not long term solutions.

Free Agents:

Jackson (Jarious)

Jarious Jackson is the Lions QB coach.

Watching Buck play quarterback reminds me of the way Durant plays. 

Or did Jimmy spell it Durante?

When the Bombers said they revised about 50% of their playbook, I didn't think they meant they took out the 50% that worked.

Who would have thought that our play of the game would be from a guy who's been kicking here for barely 3 weeks.

Buck left the game with an unknown injury, which happened at an unknown time, the extent of which are also unknown.

It seems Buck and the unknown are well acquainted. :)

Free Agents:

Porter

Jyles

McPherson

Jackson (Jarious)

Brink

Available by trade (speculative)

Elliot

Joseph

Glenn

My guess would be Jyles.

No way in hell Glenn is going to get traded by Calgary... not a chance.   Me thinks Tate would be more likely purely because they don't want his injury issues.