Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

1 hour ago, Logan007 said:

I believe Deathstroke is starting to be removed as the villain of the Batman movie.

This might be true, especially if Nightwing gets his own movie down the road.

I honestly thought if they were redoing batman again, the logical choice for bad guy was Leto's Joker at this point. at the end of Suicide Squad he is still running around on the loose trying to break Harley Quinn out of jail. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Speaking of which, Aquaman has begun production.  And Wonder Woman has been seen by some folks and is getting strong reviews.

I'm interested to see how James Wan does with Aquaman, his successes to date have come from movies like insidious, the conjuring and the saw franchise, definitely a different style for him

25 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

This might be true, especially if Nightwing gets his own movie down the road.

I honestly thought if they were redoing batman again, the logical choice for bad guy was Leto's Joker at this point. at the end of Suicide Squad he is still running around on the loose trying to break Harley Quinn out of jail. 

Couldnt stand Leto's joker.  Seems like he's doing a really bad impersonation of Jack Nicholson's joker impersonating Heath Ledger's joker.

Just now, The Unknown Poster said:

Couldnt stand Leto's joker.  Seems like he's doing a really bad impersonation of Jack Nicholson's joker impersonating Heath Ledger's joker.

It was like victor szaz masquerading as the joker. The reason heath ledgers joker was soo good and soo well received imop is he went off by him self delved deep into it and crafted it out of him self. Leto's screamed of costume designer and production and leto and too many influences. It just ended up like a tacky christmas ornament or a new building on the vegas strip.  

i wasn't a big fan of leto's joker initially but when thinking of Nicholson's campy joker,  to Ledgers psycho dirty joker he needed to craft it into his own. watching SS again it seems like he was just trying to take bits of both versions,  = better dressed but equally as crazy and his own touch was the tatty's and grill to try and "thug" him up a bit as a mob boss. 

The only reason I would want to see him in the batman tho is because I don't think we got to see a good side of him in SS.  All hopelessly yearning for Harley Quinn and such.  Need to see the more diabolical side of him fighting ol batsy

To be fair to Leto, we didn't really get to see the Joker he crafted.  We only got bits and pieces.  They edited out so much of what he did that we never really saw the Joker in full.  I remember watching a video with him saying that they cut more then half of what he was led to believe was going to be in the film and when he saw it he was quite taken aback as there was so much more.

I wouldn't mind seeing him one more time as the prime villain in a movie to see what he can really do.

3 hours ago, Logan007 said:

To be fair to Leto, we didn't really get to see the Joker he crafted.  We only got bits and pieces.  They edited out so much of what he did that we never really saw the Joker in full.  I remember watching a video with him saying that they cut more then half of what he was led to believe was going to be in the film and when he saw it he was quite taken aback as there was so much more.

I wouldn't mind seeing him one more time as the prime villain in a movie to see what he can really do.

Yeah, he's more like Jack's joker but flashier. They really had to go as far away from Heath's Joker as possible.

The extended cut of SS did not really have that much more to offer.

Blade Runner - Forgot to post that one. Looks interesting.

Absolutely Anything - Kinda sad in multiple ways.

Terry Jones, he of Python fame directed it and has been diagnosed with dementia.

Robin Williams last film.

Came out years ago and the reviews have not changed.

In Other news...Edge of Tomorrow's sequel is called Live, Die, Repeat and Repeat.

WTF?!?

On 05/05/2017 at 7:19 AM, Logan007 said:

Oh god please no, worst part of that movie and that really says something. He came across more like Jim Carey than anything else and it was just bad, really bad. Tried to be edgy and just came across as a douchebag. #MethodActing

27 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Oh god please no, worst part of that movie and that really says something. He came across more like Jim Carey than anything else and it was just bad, really bad. Tried to be edgy and just came across as a douchebag. #MethodActing

I have to agree.  I like Leto but I just didnt like this Joker.  Ill give it another chance when he's not shoe-horned in.  I liked Harley Quinn.  I didnt find Joker to be either scary or tough or smart.  Nicholson's Joker was tough with a hint of crazy which made him unpredictable and scary.  Heath's was like a petty crook but brilliant even though he played it down and came across cowardly in some ways, making him dangerous.  Leto's just seemed like a nerdy drug addict who took cosplay a bit too far.

I think the true way to reinvent Joker after Heath's death would have been to move away from the clown make up and hair, at least initially.  Although in the DC film universe, their idea is to not start at the beginning, but to plop down into this Superhero world that has existed for years (which was a mistake in my opinion).

“King Arthur,” meanwhile, may just want to put that sword back where he found it and pretend this never happened. The release from Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow made only $14.7 million from 3,702 locations — a paltry sum considering its $175 million production budget

went and saw it on friday for my dad bday, wasn't a bad movie, but probably should have been released a month ago instead of trying to compete against GOTG 2

34 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

maybe it's the Danny McBride effect, but anyone else feel like the way Alien: Covenant trailers have been airing on tv make it seem like its more of a comedy then a horror?

Danny McBride will do that. He's the comedy sidekick in this one.

On 2016-03-29 at 7:07 PM, Taynted_Fayth said:

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/-trainspotting-2-will-start-shooting-in-may-ewan-m/403467?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=trainspotting2

Ewan McGregor confirms a sequel will start shooting in May.

It's been a long time since I've seen trainspotting,  I know its got a bit of a cult-like following,  but I wasnt overly fond of the movie myself if im remembering it correctly (heroine heavy)

Torrent now available.

went and saw Alien Covenant this afternoon. Probably one of the better Alien movies out to date, and much better than Prometheus imo, but I'd probably recommend (re)watching Prometheus again before you go see this one just to refresh your memory leading to this. Michael Fassbender is really growing on me as an actor as well