Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

Genysis was far too confusing/complex for its own good. Some aspects of the story were ok, but in the end it seemed like a really unnecessary part of the franchise. If i had my way, I'd have just continued on from Salvation and brought the end of the war. the end.   But i guess that just keeps looping back to T1,  the humans win and as a last ditch effort skynet sends back a terminator to 1984 over and over again.

they really should have stopped the franchise at T2 (maybe went in the direction of a terminator tv chronicling the war),  because with their attack on Cyberdyne to obtain the terminator parts they were using to breed new tech,  they could have just said we ended the threat.  T3 made it a gong show by saying no matter what Judgement Day was inevitable, so any preemptive attacks were futile,  only difference being it changes when it happens not if. 

Id be curious to see if T6 would ignore genysis and pick up from Salvation, and show the humans actually win. I dunno how you  skip around that time travel aspect, but maybe make the time traveling device the number one priority first and foremost. If we're to believe Judgement Day would happen irregardless, then just make it without time travel loop holes and be a straight forward disaster and then eventual victory. 

I really liked the back to the future 2 aspects to genysis. It pays off nostalgia and takes us back to the really good beginnings of the franchise. 

The failings were lousy casting. And screwing with the one constant thoughout the franchie - that John Connor was the hero of humanity. They gutted the franchise of its heart. 

Mortal Kombat is looking to reboot in 2017 in a darker, grittier version with James Wan (Fast and Furious 7, the original Saw movie in 2004, Insidious chapter 2 and the Conjuring) to direct.  No cast has been finalized but apparently they are going hard after a bunch of big names and stunt ppl.  Names circulating on the do-over are;

Channing Tatum: Johnny Cage

Sean Bean: Raiden

Charlize Theron/Ronda Rousey: Sonya Blade

Idris Elba: Jax

Tim Roth: Reptile

Ian Anthony Dale: Scorpion (he apparently played Scorpion in the TV series and was in other movies like the Hangover as Chow's right hand man)

Dont know if they'll get any or all of these actors/actresses but it's kind of funny I was talking about the original Mortal Kombat like 2 months ago with an old childhood friend I used to play the video game with. We both agreed they should redo the movie but make it less cheesy and more gorey to make what made the game so appealing when we were kids.  I'll be keeping an eye on this project as I'm very interested to see the finalized cast

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

a little more on it, looks like he might not direct it, but produce it anyways; the movie will not be in connection with the previous piles of steamin leavin's and be a stand alone film. Also step away from the video game "mythology" and go it's own path

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Furious-7-Director-James-Wan-Joins-Mortal-Kombat-Reboot-76107.html

Step Brothers 2: Sequel to 2008 Comedy May Begin Shooting This Fall in Sacramento, Calif., Reports Say
The original film starred Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly and Adam McKay. All three actors will return for the sequel which is currently in development, MBY News reports

awesome, this was one of Will Ferrell's better movies, and John C. Reilly is always good for a laugh,  Walk Hard was a gooder

lol channing tatum wasn't my pick, I'd have probably gone with the guy who plays Cyclops/Scott Summers, James Marsden as Johnny Cage.  I've also seen Chris Hemsworth's name thrown out there as a Raiden pick, which i would definitely not be in favor of, so I dont know how much validity there is to any of those rumors, other then James Wan is confirmed to produce

initially this is the pic I came across then started looking around,  but I'm fairly certain it was just a fan made thing;

1935715_1030111547035190_880261553362696

6 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Batman V Superman reviews are in. I've read a few non spoiler reviews. I'm usually a spoiler junkie but I have tickets for Friday and since batman is one of my all time favs I'm going to refrain. 

Any way...reviews seem to be tremendous. 

You mean tremendously bad right?  The critics are hating on this movie pretty good.  Although I'm not surprised considering who directed it.  Sigh...I really want these movies to be good.  Well we'll see how it is Friday but my hopes are not high.

Just now, Logan007 said:

You mean tremendously bad right?  The critics are hating on this movie pretty good.  Although I'm not surprised considering who directed it.  Sigh...I really want these movies to be good.  Well we'll see how it is Friday but my hopes are not high.

Well no.  I can't speak for what you read (and wouldnt presume to tell you what you read), but I perused about five reviews last night before I posted that comment that were all universally positive.

45 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Well no.  I can't speak for what you read (and wouldnt presume to tell you what you read), but I perused about five reviews last night before I posted that comment that were all universally positive.

All the critic reviews are on Rotten Tomatoes right now.  Again, I don't care what critics say, but so far it's at 40% on RT, and it's sitting at a 5.4/10 as far as ratings.

Since the embargo was lifted I've seen nothing but excitement and positive reaction to BvS, with Affleck being praised and even called the best batman yet by some. I never take critics word for it though,  If im interested in a movie Id see it regardless.  Interesting why RT is hard on it, or is that just what they do

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

5 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Since the embargo was lifted I've seen nothing but excitement and positive reaction to BvS, with Affleck being praised and even called the best batman yet by some. I never take critics word for it though,  If im interested in a movie Id see it regardless.  Interesting why RT is hard on it, or is that just what they do

Yes, I've looked some more and seeing loads of great reviews and a few bad ones.  The few bad ones I've had time to read seem to indicate its "beautiful" or "mesmerizing" and particularly praise Gadot and Affleck but find the movie "over stuffed".  I saw references to some big spoilers that werent actually leaked in the trailers.

I want to love the film but will judge it harshly because ill be very disappointed if it sucks.  Man of Steel was so bad.  Here's hoping.  Two days to go for me!

38 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Rotten Tomatoes isn't a group of people.  It's just a site where most critics post their reviews and ratings of the movies.  It's not biased against any specific movie.  If a critic is biased, well, then that's just the critic.  But the site itself doesn't care.

The good stuff I've heard is that Affleck is great as Batman, and the the fight scenes are magnificent and the ending sets up the Justice League really well.  The bad things are, Eisenberg, the editing is just all over the place, and that there's no real interaction between Batman and Superman before they start fighting (no build up).