Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

20 hours ago, Logan007 said:

From Comic Book Resources:

Disney Narrows Young Han Solo Search To Three Finalists

Tuesday, March 15th, 2016 at 11:32am PST - by Brett White

FB_han_solo

The Hollywood Reporter has learned that the search for the lead in Disney’s upcoming “Han Solo” Star Wars anthology film has been narrowed down to three finalists: Alden Ehrenreich (“Hail, Caesar!”), Jack Reynor (“Transformers: Age of Extinction”) and Taron Egerton (“Kingsman: The Secret Service”). The information comes from multiple unnamed sources, who also clarify that there may still be a few more actors in contention for the role.

According to THR’s report, tests — posisbly either costume tests or screen tests — were conducted in London over the weekend and these three actors have emerged from a previous pack of ten as the lead contenders for the anthology film. Besides these three leading candidates, it’s been reported that Miles Teller, Ansel Elgort and Emory Cohen also tested for the coveted role.

“LEGO Movie” directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are attached to direct the Han Solo anthology film. Back in December it was reported that around 2,500 actors auditioned for the part of Han Solo. Of these three current leads, only Jack Reynor was on the previous shortlist of contenders that surfaced in January.

Written by Lawrence Kasdan and Jon Kasdan, the untitled movie opens May 25, 2018.

ok so having rewatched Age of Extinction now, my thoughts on Jack Reynor are he looked like a Chris Pratt clone, and I dont think it the right casting for a young Han.  so my vote is for the Kingsmen kid until i see hail caesar. 

For some odd reason I feel like Ashton Kutcher 15 years ago would have been a decent Han, not for his acting abilities but just as a tall lanky dude not overly ripped look

18 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

in googling some of the old toys like soundwave and blaster - for some reason i thought they played real cassettes if you put in batteries, i came across this,  i dunno it just feels like all kinds of wrong

original.jpg

I remember both, that Soundwave did *not* play cassettes but I also seem to recall a version that did...?

19 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

ok so having rewatched Age of Extinction now, my thoughts on Jack Reynor are he looked like a Chris Pratt clone, and I dont think it the right casting for a young Han.  so my vote is for the Kingsmen kid until i see hail caesar. 

LOL I said the exact same thing on another site.  He just looks like a young Chris Pratt.  I'd take either one of the other two guys.

there is a non moving soundwave out there that plays cassettes, you just push his head in to make it play, but I thought i remembered a transformable player, perhaps Blaster from the autobots, his toy was much larger then soundwave as a ghetto blaster, while soundwave was a walkman

3828759336_39b8f5a985.jpg

but for some reason i feel like even tho the legs  basically U shaped the sides,  the cassette area had 2 layers, the small port for his mini tapes, and a larger one for real play.  but based on this pic, it might have been a novelty toy like the soundwave one

** I might need to find a cassette player, apparently Eminem is re-releasing the Slim Shady LP on cassette... and who the **** has a cassette player anymore, certainly not cars made in the last 20 years

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

wow it'd been some time since I watched Age of Extinction, they gave Optimus waaaay to many lines in this movie. by the end when Cade Yeager (Wahlberg) asks Optimus "will I ever see you again?" and optimus' response is "I dont know Cade Yeager, but when ever you look to the sky, think of one of the stars as me...."  i was thinking shut up already prime, it was a simple question dammit

John goodman had better dialog but still kinda flat.

However, "Galvatron" still kinda resembled megatron, and optimus says he has no soul. If #5 does involve Unicron, I wonder if Unicron doesnt kinda fill in that void and make him look different, also giving megatron his new army, in an attempt to destroy the matrix which was the deal megatron made with Unicron originally in the cartoons,  but was held by Ultra Magnus. 

I think im gonna write michael bay a letter, and simply put,

Dear Michael Bay,

Dont **** this up.

Sincerely,

Everybody

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

wow it'd been some time since I watched Age of Extinction, they gave Optimus waaaay to many lines in this movie. by the end when Cade Yeager (Wahlberg) asks Optimus "will I ever see you again?" and optimus' response is "I dont know Cade Yeager, but when ever you look to the sky, think of one of the stars as me...."  i was thinking shut up already prime, it was a simple question dammit

John goodman had better dialog but still kinda flat.

However, "Galvatron" still kinda resembled megatron, and optimus says he has no soul. If #5 does involve Unicron, I wonder if Unicron doesnt kinda fill in that void and make him look different, also giving megatron his new army, in an attempt to destroy the matrix which was the deal megatron made with Unicron originally in the cartoons,  but was held by Ultra Magnus. 

I think im gonna write michael bay a letter, and simply put,

Dear Michael Bay,

Dont **** this up.

Sincerely,

Everybody

I forgot all this.  Was Galvatron in AOE?  I have blocked it from my mind.  What a joke.

well they used parts of megatrons mind and the metal from a melted down ratchet to try and design who the KSI robotics industry dubbed as Galvatron. except they wanted him to look like Optimus, but it kept coming out looking like Megatron

transformers-age-of-extinction-galvatron

Optimus kind of contradicts himself tho in the movie, as the first time they fight, he tells "Galvatron" you have no soul, to which he replies "thats what makes me better. I have no fear" which wasnt supposed to happen cuz these KSI built transformers were supposed to be remote controlled by people.  the contradiction comes when a little while later Optimus says he felt the presence of megatron in him

I see some rumors saying not only unicron in transformers 5, but also these Quintessons ^^ and rodimus prime, but yeah these are the guys i was thinking of in reference to the creators in Age of Extinction;

The Quintessons are sinister robotic creatures with five sided heads, each side with a different face, including the face of death. These tentacled beings, who travel on beams of energy, are cruel and emotionless, and the creators of all the Transformers on Cybertron millions of years ago. The Quintessons never intended their intelligent machines to develop emotions. But, to their horror, the Transformers rose up against their masters and drove them away from Cybertron. The Quintessons retreated to a planet they named Quintessa, where they lived a stark and barren existence with their Sharkticon guards. Sinister and vicious, lacking any individualistic intelligence, the Sharkticons usually serve as executioners for their Quintesson masters, who toss condemned victims into the Sharkticon pit. The Quintessons finally decided to blow up their planet, Quintessa, to try to prevent Autobot captives and invaders from escaping. Their plot to destroy the Autobots failed. And now, without a world of their own, they roam the universe with their Sharkticons, making victims of whatever luckless beings cross their path. Their goal is to regain control of Cybertron and eradicate all Autobots and Decepticons. Yet, so manipulative and cunning are they, that they even tricked the Decepticons into helping them achieve their aim.

31 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I see some rumors saying not only unicron in transformers 5, but also these Quintessons ^^ and rodimus prime, but yeah these are the guys i was thinking of in reference to the creators in Age of Extinction;

Does it also say that the song is going to be back?  Cause they need to use this song when Optimus passes on the matrix to Rodimus:

If this song isn't in Transformers 5, then it's just pure fail.

Edited by Logan007

LMAO no, i think the music will be updated, I just started watching the 1986 transformers movie again, what a trip down memory lane! but you know as much as I was against these Transformer movies, they actually tie into a decent lead up to a remake of this 1986 movie.  basically how the autobots got their hands on the matrix, a necessity after the all spark was destroyed, in Dark of the moon they say cybertron still exists, but its a baron wasteland over run by the decepticons - which is showcased in the movie - the 1986 movie kicks off with the autobots trying to retake cybertron. and in AoE they regain a ship from that bounty hunter to be able to return to cybertron, which eventually ties into unicron and the quintessons. 

Optimus even says at the end of AoE there's still a bounty on his head so i'm guessing that plays a lot into the next movie

59 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Does it also say that the song is going to be back?  Cause they need to use this song when Optimus passes on the matrix to Rodimus:

If this song isn't in Transformers 5, then it's just pure fail.

I actually agree. Surely they can fit that song in in an amusing way to pay homage. 

By the way, anyone remember the other movie that song was used in?  I'll give you a hint, it has a connection to one of the stars of Transformers 4(and 5 I guess)

38 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

lol for how brutal that song is I wanna say Boogie nights with Wahlberg

haha winna winna chicken dinna

You got it!  So they NEED a scene in T5 with Mark Walberg singing it... it would be homage to TWO films.

Boogie Nights was awesome, by the way!

I posted that vid on my friends link to that Real Escape thing now offered in winnipeg, me and a few of my friends are gonna use it as our theme song when we do the Mavis house game.  I can't find a link to the trailer they posted on FB but it looks pretty bad ass.  like playing saw without the fear of dismemberment

http://www.therealescape.ca/

Edited by Taynted_Fayth