Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

4 hours ago, bigg jay said:

This case is a bit different than saying there's millions of comedians out there so there's bound to be similarities.  In this instance, she knows and has worked with some of the other comedians involved so she can't say really she was unaware of their material.  

That being said , one of the comedians who is involved (can't remember which one) is not saying that her material was stolen, but she is saying that Schumer did not come up with it 1st.  So there seems to be some agreement that there will be similar material out there, without it being theft.

I can agree with that.  I wish I could remember the specific instances but I recall hearing different comedians using the same material before.

batman-vs-superman-r-rated-directors-cut-details-zack-snyder

A few weeks ago, soon after the success of Deadpool sent a shockwave around Hollywood, we learned that Warner Bros. was planning an R-rated superhero movie of its own in the form of a different, more violent cut of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. This R-rated cut would be released on home video, not in theaters, but folks wondered just how, exactly, this version would differ from the theatrical cut ofZack Snyder’s superhero epic. Would this be a genuinely different cut, or was this simply a case of the studio capitalizing on another film’s success by adding in a scene or two and pulling the old “Unrated Cut!” trick? It turns out it’s actually very much the former.

Speaking with EW, Snyder calls this home video-only R-rated cut his “director’s cut” of the film, but explains he was pretty harsh when it came to trimming down the theatrical version of Batman v Superman to a manageable length:

“We were just like, ‘Okay, look. We’re not making a three-hour movie. I mean, even I didn’t want to make a three-hour movie. I drove the cuts probably harder than anyone. The studio, they were willing to let the movie indulge pretty hard. But I felt like it’s at a manageable two-and-a-half hours. Let’s also not forget the credits are super long, the end credits. So the movie’s closer to two hours and 22 minutes.”

batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-zack-snyder-henry-cavill

Image via Warner Bros.

However, the R-rated “director’s cut” not only includes new footage, it includes entirely new characters, including a mysterious one played byJena Malone that was cut from the theatrical version. Malone’s casting caused a bit of hubbub last year with folks theorizing she’d be filling the role of Batgirl or maybe even Robin, but Snyder asserts no one’s guessed her character yet:

IMDB has her as Barbara Gordon (rumored) who is batgirl, but hells no to robin.  I cant really think of who would be out there for female roles involved with the justice league other then Wonder woman and B-Lister Black Canary. I dunno why this is even in news though,  if they were able to cut her out of the theatrical release but she'll be in the R-rated DVD, she clearly doesnt have much/any impact on the movie

Lol Unknown Poster...  undeniable it's stolen material it's ok to admit to being wrong once in a while.   You can't possibly refute the video evidence,  the jokes are way to unique to be a lucky coincidence. 

I have no problems admitting that my original opinion of Sam Katz of being an aww shucks nice guy was totally wrong.   Just try it once in a while you will feel better after doing so! 

33 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Lol Unknown Poster...  undeniable it's stolen material it's ok to admit to being wrong once in a while.   You can't possibly refute the video evidence,  the jokes are way to unique to be a lucky coincidence. 

I have no problems admitting that my original opinion of Sam Katz of being an aww shucks nice guy was totally wrong.   Just try it once in a while you will feel better after doing so! 

Has nothing to do with admitting being wrong or not.  I never argued this point in the first place.  Perhaps reading comprehension isnt your strong suit.  I had never heard of this before and then went and checked, including watching the video that was later posted as well as watching a video of Joe Rogan discussion it and reading several sites that debated it.  No, sorry pal, it AINT undeniably stolen material.  By the way, she denies it.  Which immediately makes your point incorrect.  Unless you were in the room with her, you simply cant say.

Boy...some people...  Perhaps you're more cool with admitting you're wrong because you're more used to it.  I dont know.

well i guess i need to brush up on my robins, apparently there is a female ginger robin in the DC universe, Carrie Kelly.  I suppose thats what all the hooplah is about, whether Malone is Barbara Gordon or Carrie Kelly cuz she dyed her hair red.  but barbara gordon as batgirl makes more sense imo,  cuz batgirl kinda picks up the left over crime when batman and robin are busy, which at least in this Batman will be fairly busy

21 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Has nothing to do with admitting being wrong or not.  I never argued this point in the first place.  Perhaps reading comprehension isnt your strong suit.  I had never heard of this before and then went and checked, including watching the video that was later posted as well as watching a video of Joe Rogan discussion it and reading several sites that debated it.  No, sorry pal, it AINT undeniably stolen material.  By the way, she denies it.  Which immediately makes your point incorrect.  Unless you were in the room with her, you simply cant say.

Boy...some people...  Perhaps you're more cool with admitting you're wrong because you're more used to it.  I dont know.

I google translated this drivel and it came out as  "Brandon was right"

:D

4 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Could be Batgirl aka Barbara Gordon or female Robin or could be...heck Catwoman or a villain.

It will be neither of those characters. Zach already stated that no one has guessed who she's playing yet. 

Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach, stewards of the 'Spider-Man' properties, are producing and overseeing the new film, which will be written by 'Edge of Tomorrow' scribe Dante Harper.

Now that Sony has set Spider-Man on its rebooted path, the studio is setting its sights on other Spider-Man franchises. Case in point: Venom.

Sony has tapped Dante Harper to pen a script for Venom, something that is being envisioned as a franchise apart from and unrelated to the upcomingSpider-Man movie in the works with actor Tom Holland.

Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach, among stewards of the Spider-Man properties, are producing and overseeing the project.

Venom is one of Marvel’s top villains and a Spider-Man fixture since he was introduced in 1988, created by writer David Michelinie and artists Todd McFarlane and Mike Zeck. The character is an alien symbiote that need a human host to survive. In return, the alien empowers its victim with incredible powers.

For the longest time, Venom was a villain but then morphed into an anti-hero and even (almost) good guy. In his current incarnation, Venom is paired with Flash Thompson, a Peter Parker bully-turned-close friend and now a government agent.

It is unclear which Venom incarnation is being used for the new project.

The character made its screen appearance in Spider-Man 3 and was played by Topher Grace. A spin-off has been in development in several incarnations, with Gary Ross and Josh Trank among the director coming and going, and writers such as Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese (Deadpool) and Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci penning versions.

This Venom is meant to not only stand on its own but to also launch its own franchise.

Palak Patel and Eric Fineman are overseeing Venom for Sony’s Columbia label.

Harper is an up-and-coming scribe who wrote Edge of Tomorrow, the time travel sci-fi movie that starred Tom Cruise. He also co-wrote Sleepless Night, the crime thriller that stars Jamie Foxx and Dermot Mulroney.

He is repped by CAA, Management 360, and Lichter, Grossman.

righting a wrong done with spider-man 3.  lets hope they studied up and learnt that someone like topher grace was a horrible selection for eddie brock the first time around

This would be a movie if done right,  id be excited to see. as a kid I loved reading the Spider-man & Venom vs carnage comics, i know the video game was called Maximum Carnage, but I think the comics were different as there were several villain symbiotes of different colour fighting along side carnage.  Venom was by far my fav spider man villain but Carnage was right up there too.  please dont **** this up sony lol

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

13 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Sony has apparently green lighted a 23 jump street-Men in black cross over,  but with no will smith or tommy lee jones.  set to be directed by "The Muppets" James bobin.

I liked the jump street movies, but i dunno if this news really excites me

I thought Jonah Hill was holding up the movie because he let himself go and is 300 lbs now?

jonah-hill.jpg

not sure, they only posted an old pic with Hill and Tatum with the news about it being a go aned a mix up with MIB sans Smith and Jones.  Is it wrong for me to say Hill was funnier when he was "bigger"? same with seth rogen, i dunno what it is, maybe their weight translates better to the sarcastic humor they use, but both guys when they got slimmer just didnt seem as funny imo. could just be the roles they signed up for though. 

My issue with the Jump Street/MIB thing (aside from no Will Smith/TLJ, which will derail that end of it badly) is that Lord and Miller (Last Man On Earth, Lego Movie, and the Jump Streets) aren't going to be helming this. They're going to take a Producer credit, but won't be writing the script or really working on it at all. I fully believe those guys were the driving force that made the Jump Street movies as good as they were.

That is a very nice jacket Jonah Hill is wearing.

SM3 has some good parts. Needs the chit edited out of it though.

Sandman good, backstory regarding Peter's gp bad.

Gwen could have been decent addition throwing a wrench into the Peter/Red love story, making her police chief's daughter bad and not a fan of Howards acting.

Green Goblin Jr was good. The fight at the beginning might have been the best part in the movie.

Venom and here's the problem I think with whole movie is that Venom is the 3rd villain.

SM4 perhaps should have been Venom/Grace and just that.

23 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

righting a wrong done with spider-man 3.  lets hope they studied up and learnt that someone like topher grace was a horrible selection for eddie brock the first time around

This would be a movie if done right,  id be excited to see. as a kid I loved reading the Spider-man & Venom vs carnage comics, i know the video game was called Maximum Carnage, but I think the comics were different as there were several villain symbiotes of different colour fighting along side carnage.  Venom was by far my fav spider man villain but Carnage was right up there too.  please dont **** this up sony lol

I never understood how they're going to do a Venom movie without Spiderman, as they said it won't be part of the MCU like Spidey is.  Seems kind of dumb without putting it in the MCU now.

8 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

That is a very nice jacket Jonah Hill is wearing.

SM3 has some good parts. Needs the chit edited out of it though.

Sandman good, backstory regarding Peter's gp bad.

Gwen could have been decent addition throwing a wrench into the Peter/Red love story, making her police chief's daughter bad and not a fan of Howards acting.

Green Goblin Jr was good. The fight at the beginning might have been the best part in the movie.

Venom and here's the problem I think with whole movie is that Venom is the 3rd villain.

SM4 perhaps should have been Venom/Grace and just that.

Peter's GP?  You mean his Uncle?

Sandman was a great part of SM3, but yeah, the messed it up when they linked it to his Uncle.  I thought that was just stupid.

I thought Topher was terrible in SM3, but that's just my opinion.

Gwen, I thought, was great in SM3.  She even looked like her comic book counterpart.

I would have preferred Harry turn into Hobgoblin.  The one thing I hated about most of the villain's in Raimi's films, was that they were all, except the Goblin, redeemable or got redeemed in the end.  It's like, can you just make a bad guy a bad guy?  That was my only downside with his version, otherwise I thought his Spiderman was the best so far, and I still love it.

Oh well, I hope the new Spidey is great.  I'm liking the new kid playing him.

So I checked out Gods of Egypt yesterday.  I had low expectations going in, and while it definitely won't rank on anyone's list of favorite movies, it was better than I thought it would be.  It's fine for what it's intended to be (a mythology based action/fantasy film).  

If you go in expecting historical accuracy, you'll be disappointed,  I'm a mythology nerd though so it was right up my alley and was a nice 2 hour break from reality.    

Next up:  Batman v Superman! :D