Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

You stopped watching wrestling BEFORE the Four Horsemem?  They were almost before my time... lol

Well I just turned 43, so...

To be clear, I stopped watching wrestling before they BECAME the four horsemen.  Wrestling got old for me really fast in my youth.  I watched Hulk Hogan do his thing for a few years then that was it.  I just got bored of it

49 minutes ago, Logan007 said:

Well I just turned 43, so...

To be clear, I stopped watching wrestling before they BECAME the four horsemen.  Wrestling got old for me really fast in my youth.  I watched Hulk Hogan do his thing for a few years then that was it.  I just got bored of it

They formed in 1985.  As a booker of a wrestling promotion myself now, I am pretty influenced by that group and often have a strong heel clique.  Anyway, sorry for the rasslin talk.  When I was a kid I knew of the Four Horsemen in wrestling before I knew there was a Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse!

Christian Bale: Zack Snyder Says He Wanted to Cast Actor in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice'
Snyder told FilmInk there were brief discussions about casting Bale in a new role in the film to make it clear that it existed in an "opposite reality" from Christopher Nolan's 'Batman' films

Im glad they didnt personally, Im never a fan of actors appearing in tv/movies where their characters been replaced, just makes for awkward on screen moments.

on a slightly different note, Captain america:civil war is releasing a new trailer today apparently heavy with spiderman in it,  just not sure what time today it'd being released

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Im glad they didnt personally, Im never a fan of actors appearing in tv/movies where their characters been replaced, just makes for awkward on screen moments.

on a slightly different note, Captain america:civil war is releasing a new trailer today apparently heavy with spiderman in it,  just not sure what time today it'd being released

so it looks like it's Captain america, winter soldier, hawkeye, scarlet witch, falcon, and ant man vs Iron Man, War machine, Black Widow, Black Panther, Vision and spider man?  im thinking hulk is the ace in the hole and we know he's anti government.   I dont think i read of thor being in this?

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

10 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

well that certainly wasnt heavy spiderman lol but that was a great trailer

So Spideys uni a lot brighter and not a lot of CGI depth to it.

3 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

so it looks like it's Captain america, winter soldier, hawkeye, scarlet witch, falcon, ant man and vision(?) vs Iron Man, War machine, Black Widow, Black Panther and spider man?  im thinking hulk is the ace in the hole and we know he's anti government.   I dont think i read of thor being in this?

Hulk in Thor 3.

It'll be like BvS. Lot of chit said, lot of fighting where no one gets hurt and then some baddie shows up where they unite.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

4 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So Spideys uni a lot brighter and not a lot of CGI depth to it.

Hulk in Thor 3.

It'll be like BvS. Lot of chit said, lot of fighting where no one gets hurt and then some baddie shows up where they unite.

Looked like War Machine takes a bit of a beating in that trailer.  

yeah that was a tiny spider logo, there was some rumors going around tho of it's not just classic spider man we'll get but tony stark aided spider suits like this rendering

latest?cb=20100913191805

I do know hulks in Thor 3: Ragnarok, these movies must be going on  at the same timeline if they are both absent, and would make sense. There is Crossbones 

Captain-America-Winter-Soldier-Easter-Eg

and iirc he was working for Hydra in Winter soldier, so yeah im sure hydra has some sort of part in the unification of all these heroes.  either that or something to do with Thanos to lead into the infinity wars

** I believe the gem in visions head is an infinity stone, id have to look it up

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

yeah i just froze the screen where he's holding cap's shield,  it looks too rubbery. I kinda hope that plays into those rumors about him wearing enhanced suits from stark industries.  I believe it was one of the Russo's directing that said expect to see a few different variations of spider man in this which fueled the above pics speculation

Interesting concept:

We knew this time would come eventually. I wouldn't say the writing is on the wall for theaters, but it was inevitable that there would be a service that would give audiences the option to see newly-released films in the comforts of their own home.

Understandably, theater chains have been against this whole movement, though Sean Parker, Napster co-founder and tech mogul, may have a plan that will get studios, theaters, and consumers all on board. He calls this new service The Screening Room, Variety reports.

"Screening Room would charge about $150 for access to the set-top box that transmits the movies and charge $50 per view. Consumers have a 48-hour window to view the film."

This is, of course, a bit on the pricey side, but I'd assume this would result in consumers basically throwing in $5-10 a pop and watching the movie in groups. Looking at it that way, the deal doesn't seem so bad. And as far as the price for the set-top box goes, I'd assume that would either drop in price over time, or would eventually become an app for devices like Roku or Apple TV--but that's just me speculating.

Perhaps there's something special about the box that has to do with piracy that makes it impossible to have it in app form. Distributors would get around 20% cut of the profits, and The Screening Room service would get 10%. But how does this appeal to theaters?

The Screening Room may actually give theaters a significant percentage of the ticket price--as high as $20/movie of the total $50 price. In addition, the service will also offer two theater tickets. This way, exhibitors can benefit from concessions (because, let's be real, that's where they get their money, anyway).

Admittedly, I'm not quite sure how this would work. If I buy the $50 stream, which theater chain gets the money? Will this only work if one theater chain signs on? What if a handful of chains sign on? Is it based on which theater is closest? If this is only a service that benefits theaters that agree to it, then it seems like one that may doom theaters who do NOT sign on. On the other hand, if too many theaters sign on, will it force them to split the profits equally amongst themselves, ultimately making it not worth it? Perhaps they've already figured out this issue, but either way, the future for this service seems bright.

According to the report, they are close to closing a deal with AMC, which is one of the largest exhibitors in the world. Read more at: https://tr.im/MQwXz
Edited by The Unknown Poster

That system might work for some but I doubt I would ever use, not at those prices anyway.  There's usually only 2 or 3 of us when I go to the movies so the cost of The Screening Room wouldn't make sense for me.  Plus I like getting out of the house for a couple hours to enjoy a movie... when I watch movies at home there's always some kind of distraction.

13 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Why the box? Just use an app on a smart tv.

Speculation is because the box would have other layers of security.  When JJ Abrams screened The Force Awakens early for a dying fan, they brought in their own specialized equipment, not just a DVD copy, to ensure that the broadcast was a closed one, and I imagine the film had some sort of coding that was not apparent to the viewer but would be to the studio had it leaked...

11 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

when i think of a screening room i dunno why i think of the concept of what cinema city became yet I still havent gotten around to seeing anything there.  I dont hear anyone ever talking about it either,  I wonder if the switch over from cheap to date was a bad move

Are you referring to the VIP theatres?   

15 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

That system might work for some but I doubt I would ever use, not at those prices anyway.  There's usually only 2 or 3 of us when I go to the movies so the cost of The Screening Room wouldn't make sense for me.  Plus I like getting out of the house for a couple hours to enjoy a movie... when I watch movies at home there's always some kind of distraction.

I agree.  I actually dont think it would work at those prices.  If its a big movie, one that multiple friends would want to watch (and thus, throw in to justify the $50), I'd rather see it in a theater.  if its a movie I dont bother to see on the big screen, I wouldnt pay $50 for it.  They rush movies onto blu ray pretty fast now and I just cant imagine needing to see a film in my home so badly that I'd pay that.

However, it might work down the road.  When everyone has a 100" screen and a home theatre.   Even if The Force Awakens, for example, was available to me to watch at home for the same price as a ticket to the theatre, I would have chosen the theatre for the experience.  And I have a 52" and surround sound so its not overly large but not small either.

13 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

when i think of a screening room i dunno why i think of the concept of what cinema city became yet I still havent gotten around to seeing anything there.  I dont hear anyone ever talking about it either,  I wonder if the switch over from cheap to date was a bad move

The new Cinema City is very successful.  Probably for two reasons.  One, the VIP aspects and two, the fact its a theatre showing first run movies in the south end of town.  That's my go-to theatre because I like reserving seats and I like the big comfy seats.  I wish the screen was larger though.

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Are you referring to the VIP theatres?   

I dunno if id call them VIP, as much as they became more date oriented, allowing for booze and food to be delivered to your seats and the seats being kinda separate... ok maybe VIP lol, basically whatever became of the cheap theater there at mcguillvary and kenaston