Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

9 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

2:43 to be exact. I hear the big screen is the way to see it, but socially distant of course. 

still indoors, tho, with questionable ventilation....even with a mask on, I just don't trust people. MB is a bit better, because your vaxx passport system is really good. AB's is a mess with a lot of fakes going around, and even more assholes going around... I don't trust anyone or any place. I go to work and the grocery store and  that's it. Something like a theatre, or an arena...absolutely terrifying.  

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

still indoors, tho, with questionable ventilation....even with a mask on, I just don't trust people. MB is a bit better, because your vaxx passport system is really good. AB's is a mess with a lot of fakes going around, and even more assholes going around... I don't trust anyone or any place. I go to work and the grocery store and  that's it. Something like a theatre, or an arena...absolutely terrifying.  

I hear you there. The mandatory vaccine passport is a great comfort, knowing everyone around you has also been double vaxxed. And mask mandates are still in place. Not the worst way to have it going forward on an indefinite basis, frankly. 

4 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I hear you there. The mandatory vaccine passport is a great comfort, knowing everyone around you has also been double vaxxed. And mask mandates are still in place. Not the worst way to have it going forward on an indefinite basis, frankly. 

I felt so incredibly safe everywhere I went, when we were back home in August. Spectacular system...

not new but  this movie is hilarious.  elaborate prank played on real life idiot perry caravello.

"Perry Caravello believes he has been given a chance to star in a movie called Windy City Heat, a crime film about a "sports private eye" named Stone Fury. However, there is no such film, as the entire project is an elaborate prank played on him by Don Barris and Mole with the help of producers Jimmy Kimmel and Adam Carolla and real celebrity cameos including Carson Daly, Dane Cook, Tammy Faye Bakker, and William "The Refrigerator" Perry.

Caravello's participation in the "film" begins with the audition process, where he is introduced to Daly, who is also up for the lead role of Stone Fury (and is dressed exactly like Caravello). After a botched audition, interrupted numerous times by Barris and Mole, he eventually wins the role over Daly (later in the movie, he is shown a wall of stars that have also been considered but crossed off, including Harrison Ford, Brad Pitt, and Robert De Niro). The plot of the movie revolves around a dubious story involving Fury trying to track down the actual refrigerator of William "Refrigerator" Perry and the pants of Ernie Banks (Perry appears as himself, while actor Paul Motley portrays Banks). Caravello appears in most scenes with Barris and Mole, who portray Chicago Outfit gangsters "Big Lou" and "Brock," the antagonists of the film. Windy City Heat is directed by Bobcat Goldthwait, who is the actual director in addition to playing the director of the fake film-within-the-film, wearing jodhpurs and only speaking to people through a bullhorn." 😂😂😂

Edited by Mark F

On 2021-10-05 at 10:49 AM, TrueBlue4ever said:

Got my tickets for the Bond film opening night. Been waiting 18 months for this one. Hearing good and surprising things. 

So, WOW!

Definitely see it in the theatre. Lots of stuff to digest, some surprises for sure and if you are a savvy Bond fan you will see and hear nods to the past franchise that also act as a bit of a tell. Won’t spoil anything but there is discussion to be had. Not sure how to do the hidden comments thing here. I would recommend it as another really solid Craig entry, maybe just behind Skyfall. 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

50 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

So, WOW!

Definitely see it in the theatre. Lots of stuff to digest, some surprises for sure and if you are a savvy Bond fan you will see and hear nods to the past franchise that also act as a bit of a tell. Won’t spoil anything but there is discussion to be had. Not sure how to do the hidden comments thing here. I would recommend it as another really solid Craig entry, maybe just behind Skyfall. 

Create a No Time To Die Spoiler Thread

16 minutes ago, JCon said:

Click the eye at the top right above the text box when you're writing a post. A Spoiler box will come and you can type in there. 

Reveal hidden contents

Purple Monkey Dishwasher

Wow, you are really gonna feel my wrath now, especially for that “purple monkey dishwasher” comment!

Seriously, much obliged for the guidance. 

5 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Wow, you are really gonna feel my wrath now, especially for that “purple monkey dishwasher” comment!

Seriously, much obliged for the guidance. 

Ok, for some reason I am not seeing an “eye” icon above the text box. I get the bold/italics/underline group, the emoji icon, the link paper clip, and the paper with magnifying glass, but that’s it. No eye. Any ideas (yes, you can all guess I am over 50 and can barely set the clock on the VCR)?

13 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Ok, for some reason I am not seeing an “eye” icon above the text box. I get the bold/italics/underline group, the emoji icon, the link paper clip, and the paper with magnifying glass, but that’s it. No eye. Any ideas (yes, you can all guess I am over 50 and can barely set the clock on the VCR)?

Hmmmm.... What browser are you using? The eye should be left of the magnifying glass.