Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

59 minutes ago, JCon said:

Ha! I started it two nights ago, saw four hours and assumed that included a documentary. 

I'm an hour in, so far. I'm not sure what the reward is for making it through a longer version of a painfully brooding movie but I will find out. 

FYI: The actor who portrayed the Flash (and did a crappy job of it) has been filmed attacking fans while drunk/stoned. Presumably, charges are pending as is a rapid end to his career.

So finished off Zach Snyder's Justice League(ZSJL). Took couple nights and yes it should be split up into 2 or 3 parts. It's different but i'm not sure it's way better or worse then Joss Whedon's(JWJL) version.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/evelinamedina/snyder-cut-justice-league-differences-hbo-max-joss-whedon

Biggest differences IMHO

Spoiler

Opening scene.

Diana’s knowledge of the Mother Boxes from a secret vault.

Introduction of DeSaad & Darkseid.

Victor Stone/Cyborg’s backstory. Though it still does not go far enuf explaining why his father cut his body up and put it on a board.

JWJL has a particular music piece for whenever Flash does his thing. That's been removed. In fact I'd say the music is worse in ZSJL.

The rescue of the scientists was better in JWJL. Barry was unsure of himself here but carries most out. In ZSJL he tells them to hurry up the stairs.

ZSJL uses a darker filter.

Lois pregnant.

Superman uses heat vision on Batman at the memorial but it should have killed him.

Cyborg’s father dies.

Battle with Steppenwolf.

US General is Martian Manhunter

That massive flash forward at the end.

Lex Luthor no longer talks about his own league and tells DC Deadpool who Batman is.

I can't believe he cut this scene out though. One of my favorites.

QHN3W1p.gif

But he added a suicide prevention poster so that might be my new favorite.

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I really wanna see that new Odenkirk "Nobody" flick......but from what I can tell it's only out in theatres, right? Might have to wait a few months for it to hit streamers...

The film will be released by Universal Pictures, which has inked a deal with AMC Theaters to shorten films’ theatrical windows to just 17 days

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Idris Elba? Yes!

Who's playing Peacemaker? I couldn't see him. 

I'm very hopeful this is good. But, it's DCU, so my expectations are tempered. 

U know...as much as i love James Gunn and what he did with GotG, this feels like one of those movies where people not like the previous one and think this one cant be worse.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

1 minute ago, Bigblue204 said:

yup, with the Rock on board I was optimistic...but the more I think about it...I'm not sure he'll pull off Black Adam (outside of his look) and I'm not a fan of Brosnan unless he's in a romantic comedy.

With all the liberties being taken with characters, I am surprised that Dr. Fate or Black Adam for that matter, are not black lesbian females.

I can't stand recent DC projects, but am hopeful for Black Adam. I'll watch The Rock in pretty much anything (Jesus ****, was that earthquake movie ever ******* terrible tho...) and Brosnan is a quality actor (and the Bond of my generation) so that gives me some hope as well...