Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice

Logan007

So let me see if I get this straight - We're dumping Michael Caine, and Christian Bale, inserting Ben Affleck, and making Batman's eyes glow and turning him into a villain?

Yeah I'll pass. Thanks though Warner Brothers.

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

LOL...I think actually that Batman thinks that Superman is the villain and wants to take him down.  Batman isn't actually the villain....although he sounded like one.  And the glowing eyes are only on that one suit he wears.  It's like an armored suit to take down Superman and the eyes are covered with protective lenses.  I think the glow is just for effect.  His regular suit is just normal.  I actually really like the regular suit he has.  Looks more like the comic books...like material instead of armor.

Typical Snyder though...all action and no fun.  Fun things must DIE!  Only dark and gritty.

Batman with a sniper rifle....hmmmmmm

They didn't dump Bale though. They offered him a lot of money but he just didn't want to continue. They hve Affleck on a deal to play batman for years. That's what they wanted, someone to take on the part in multiple films for multiple years and bale just wasn't going to do it.

The idea they needed an older batman is silly since Affleck looks as young if not younger than Bale but I think he will be s fine batman. It's the story I worry about. Bringing superman into the Dark Knight universe made sense. Man of Steel was so bad though.

Just not impressed with Snyder. Can't believe he's the same guy that did Watchmen which is a near perfect film.

I've been waiting for this one quite some time. And yes its a suit specifically designed to keep up with superman, enhancing batmans speed, strength and durability.  Lex Luthor also has a suit made with kryptonite he uses to battle Superman in their own feuds. Its all mortals can do to match his abilities while under the yellow sun.

Its also what makes Batman as effective as he is, hes a vigilante but a detective at the core of his shtick, exploiting his adversaries weaknesses to gain the upper hand. Also why the Joker was his greatest foe, because he was completely unpredictable...ect  **geek mode off** lol

looks good, getting excited about upcoming movies again, starting may 1 and on

I've been waiting for this one quite some time. And yes its a suit specifically designed to keep up with superman, enhancing batmans speed, strength and durability.  Lex Luthor also has a suit made with kryptonite he uses to battle Superman in their own feuds. Its all mortals can do to match his abilities while under the yellow sun.

Its also what makes Batman as effective as he is, hes a vigilante but a detective at the core of his shtick, exploiting his adversaries weaknesses to gain the upper hand. Also why the Joker was his greatest foe, because he was completely unpredictable...ect  **geek mode off** lol

looks good, getting excited about upcoming movies again, starting may 1 and on

I totally get that.  I have a friend who is thinks its ridiculous that Batman and Superman would fight for more than .1 second it would take for Superman to punch a hole through Batman's face.  I tried to explain "well yeah but Batman has a special suit or special power or whatever" and he just shakes his head saying thats ridiculous.  Superman could use super breath from a mile away and freeze Batman solid.  He has a point.

I love Batman so Im very interested in how this turns out and I like Ben Affleck a lot.  When they announced his casting I was negative but I think moreso because I love Bale.  I remember tweeting that Batman should be someone you know would kick your ass.  Bale has that, Affleck doesnt.  But then I saw Gone Girl.  Affleck is a beast.  He's deceptively huge and was already putting on muscle for Gone Girl and some pics from SvB show him pretty jacked up.

I just think the trailer was underwhelming.  I know it's just a tease but I didnt like it.  I think it should be from Batman's perspective.

well there is a series out there that has done this feud (kinda like how dark knight is its own series..ect) and i know the end result, hoping its got some twists in the adaptation here, tho the original series was pretty good on its own, but could potentially kill 1 franchise with a clear cut winner. Due to the movies subtitle have a feeling its the start to a justice league counter to marvel's Avengers success, which has me again hopeful, the B vs S is only a part to the story and the back end is B with S and seeing the need to work together and expand.

As for the freeze, Batman is fully aware of all of Superman's abilities, he showcases them a ton and is constantly in the media eye with Lois and the Daily Planet on his heroic deeds. The suit most likely has a temperature control system that keeps bruce wayne from freezing or burning up if he used his eye lasers. If the exterior became an ice cube. the suit could probably heat up or break out with sheer strength from its enhancements. Mr. Freeze could never keep batman down even in his tights lol

Due to its dark portrayal in the trailer, and the ppls turn on Superman, Im leaning towards Superman crossed the bay into Gotham, where he might not be as welcomed as he is in Metropolis, and that also pisses batman off.

Man of Steel def could have been better, tho i did like the opening on Krypton, theres still potential for stand alone Superman films, they got a decent guy playing the role and have yet to (re)introduce the likes of Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Doomsday and Darkseid. or a combo of them.  Vice versa with Batman, if Joseph Gordon-Levitt stays on they can either go the Robin/Nightwing or the transition into the batman beyond series where Bruce Wayne is old but still acting the Detective behind the scenes, but a new batman with a enhanced suit is out there in his place. theres a ton of villans that should mercifully be restored to respect after what that crap in the 90s did lol  

The open Krypton scenes were what killed it for me to be honest.  Two minutes in and I knew it was going to be bad.  It was too "out there".  In the original Superman, they did a good job of portraying Krypton as advanced but still familiar to us humans.  We shared a humanity with them and risked suffering the same fate as them through our same arrogance.  Certainly there was a God metaphor with Jor El sending his only son to save us.

In Man of Steel, I found it too much of a disconnect.  Less is more.  They had flying creatures just because CGI could make it so.  And the goofy plot of Superman having the coda or whatever the heck it was, ingrained in his DNA was eye rolling.  Because revenge isnt enough of a motivation for Zod.  I dont feel the stakes needed to be raised.  They tried to make it about Zod trying to save Krypton versus Superman saving earth and it fell flat to me because they made no effort to make Zod sympathetic, so who cares about him wanting to save Krypton?  And since we never felt for him, we never appreciated Superman's sacrifice.  In Superman II, the moment he sees civilians are in grave danger, he flees, drawing Zod et al away from the city.  In Man of Steel, he blatantly disregards the lives of civilians.

And for a director like Snyder who had amazing choreography in The Watchmen, the fight scenes in Man of Steel looked like a cartoon.  You couldnt tell what was happening.  No realism.  Yawn.  The best part of the fight was the human General standing up to the Kryptonian knowing she could easily kill him.  He was far more heroic than Superman was.

well it was an intro into the new vision/direction of Superman. I agree the flying creature on Krypton was too Avatarded for me, but i think it was more to show case Jor-el's hippie side of despite space ships and advance tech he was still all worldly n would rather use something natural.  I thought the premise of being test tube born with a specific purpose was pretty good thinking, especially with zods resolve, and reason for Kal-Els uniqueness being a natural birth, it gave superman a clean slate when he got to earth and his reasoning for his sentiment for humans despite knowing he was not one of them.

Given these movies are pretty surreal in premise to begin with I usually can ignore some misfires as long as the acting is decent and store can make sense, but after Brandon Rouths Superman (returns), Tom Wellings (Smallville for 10 yrs) and Reeves from the original, i think they found a good fit with Henry Cavill as superman (man of steel and in this new flick) and hope they run with him a while

Brandon Routh was great.  If it was me making that film, I would have done the Death of Superman story.  Open the film with news reel clips showing the fight of Superman vs Doomsday (using distant shots, jerky cams, crowd reactions, etc).  Then the reveal that Superman contained Doomsday but was mortally wounded.  Lois Lane by his side in hospital as he dies (played by Chris Reeve).  Then Doomsday returns, superman is re-born yadda yadda.  Would have been a terrifically emotional passing of the torch fro Reeve

lol well they ran out of time before that could happen with Reeves obviously, it was kinda nice they got him in on an episode of smallville to in-story help Clark with coming to terms with some of his abilities. I wasnt too sold on Routh, seem to always have a bit of a perma smile. or maybe kevin spacey sucked for me lol.  Now i would def be onboard with the death of Superman, and I think they will eventually do it, when they released the comic even when i was younger that made the real news paper! was pretty epic. but i think they wanna build a fanbase around the current guy like they did reeves for like 5 movies so Superman death will actually generate some possible reaction more then a new face dying would.

Just saw 2 new trailers for other movies imma post havent watched them, ill watch em thru link i post in another thread

Pretty sure this will end with Batman becoming friends with Superman and forming the justice league.

Batman vs Superman... Probably a bit of a misnomer

Absolutely.  They have it planned (release date too I think,for Justice League) with several members appearing in Batman v Superman.  Im sure we will get a brief fight before they realise they are buddies.

Yeah, people have pretty much stated that Superman could just blast Batman from far away with his heat vision.  My speculation though is, Batman's armor suit, is made from the Kryptonian armor that Zod and his crew had.  Either that, or part of one of their ships.  So it would be able to withstand a blast from his heat vision.  There's probably something along those lines.  They duke it out and eventually become best buddies in the end.

The open Krypton scenes were what killed it for me to be honest.  Two minutes in and I knew it was going to be bad.  It was too "out there".  In the original Superman, they did a good job of portraying Krypton as advanced but still familiar to us humans.  We shared a humanity with them and risked suffering the same fate as them through our same arrogance.  Certainly there was a God metaphor with Jor El sending his only son to save us.

In Man of Steel, I found it too much of a disconnect.  Less is more.  They had flying creatures just because CGI could make it so.  And the goofy plot of Superman having the coda or whatever the heck it was, ingrained in his DNA was eye rolling.  Because revenge isnt enough of a motivation for Zod.  I dont feel the stakes needed to be raised.  They tried to make it about Zod trying to save Krypton versus Superman saving earth and it fell flat to me because they made no effort to make Zod sympathetic, so who cares about him wanting to save Krypton?  And since we never felt for him, we never appreciated Superman's sacrifice.  In Superman II, the moment he sees civilians are in grave danger, he flees, drawing Zod et al away from the city.  In Man of Steel, he blatantly disregards the lives of civilians.

And for a director like Snyder who had amazing choreography in The Watchmen, the fight scenes in Man of Steel looked like a cartoon.  You couldnt tell what was happening.  No realism.  Yawn.  The best part of the fight was the human General standing up to the Kryptonian knowing she could easily kill him.  He was far more heroic than Superman was.

very nicely summed up. All the same issues I had with Man of Steel.