Drew Willy's presser today

gbill2004

Willy might be betting on himself, which is something you will often see athletes do.  If he has a big year, he gets $375,000 per season on his new contract.  But a similar year to last season and he probably gets the same contract, at $250,000.  As a fan though, I'd be more comfortable if we locked him up before the season.  I wouldn't want to see him have a big year then have him bolt and sign with the Riders. 

Ain't no way Willy is signing his next paper with $250,000 printed on it.

Willy might be betting on himself, which is something you will often see athletes do. If he has a big year, he gets $375,000 per season on his new contract. But a similar year to last season and he probably gets the same contract, at $250,000. As a fan though, I'd be more comfortable if we locked him up before the season. I wouldn't want to see him have a big year then have him bolt and sign with the Riders.

Ain't no way Willy is signing his next paper with $250,000 printed on it.

If he has a down year, sure there is. He has a bad year, he might be lucky to get $250k. I fully expect him to play great and sign a fat extension, but nothing's a guarantee. Still some risk involved in not signing before the season.

God forbid that Willy and the Bombers can have another "down year".  "I'm so down, I don't know where is up".

Even if Willy does under perform this year I'd bet that the better teams will recognize his potential as a plug in to get them to the Cup and offer him in excess of $250,000.  The timing would be perfect for the next master-stroke by Desjardins, that is if he's still employed this time next year.

• 2 weeks later...

B_HipX2U8AAu8wu.png

Shouldn't Drew be a bit more careful about exposing Marcel's playbook? :)

Pretty Funny line!  Like to see our guys in the community.  From the video it looked like he had some fun doing this and the kids throwing camp.  He enjoyed doing that when he was in Jersey as well.