How do FA signings change Draft Picks?

BigBlue

Somebody on another thread, and Troy Westwood this A.M

mentioned that Dile (sp) was injured a lot in the last two seasons

Which means they need to get another O lineman in the draft.

Why does that have any bearing on draft needs?

We're not going to draft a tackle capable of starting this year.

can't argue with you Mike, (due to my relative lack of knowledge and information)  except that if our O line is where help is needed most, (which is what Ive heard for a long time around here) get help there, whether or not a player for a particular position is available

With the re-stocking of the offensive line pool, this has to change things in the draft. We don't know if Mulumba or Bilikudi are anywhere near coming to the CFL, but if Walters' conversations with their agents reveals that they are going to hang around the periphery of the NFL hoping for a shot, maybe he ought to target Gaydosh. Maybe if we looked at Hamilton's needs and draft accordingly, Hamilton might trade him to us. Gaydosh looks like he might be the next 97.

#2 Demski

#11 an  OL

#15 a DL or LB

Other than our first pick, where we can essentially get anyone we want, I doubt Walters is looking at the draft like that. We really need to look at who is available and not reach for certain positions.

I don't see anyway we don't go OL with that first pick though, unless every single guy worth selecting has NFL interest that makes another position look more attractive.

O-line.. It must be o-line. We are too close to getting it back to respectability and I'm pretty sure we want it to be all in house grooming, developing and rebuilding from within.. If that is the end game, we MUST keep stocking the depth..

JBR, What is your prediction?

Too soon.  There's going to be at least a half dozen guys and probably more who will get drafted/signed by the NFL.  I'm guessing Walters won't risk burning the 2nd overall pick on one of those guys, so once we know who is heading south it won't be too hard to piece it together.

When do we see all these FA signings and drafted Canadians gone to the NFL? They changed it this season I thought..