NFL semi final

Mark F

who will win?

Before last week's games, I thought Patriots would win the whole thing.

Now, I think Seattle. Defence too strong, Wilson playing extremely well, and does not fumble or throw int. receivers underrated. beast mode.

I guess you don't have to be a great football mind to take seahawks and Patriots today.

I know nothing about the spread.

Heart says Packers but I think the Seahawks are too strong. The Cowboys defensive backfield can't be mentioned with Seattle. The Seahawks D may be one of the best ever. Rodgers with an injured calf won't be a hundred per cent today so huge advantage to Seattle.

I hope for the Colts just cuz I don't like the Patriots. But this may be Brady's last championship try & he's motivated to go out a winner in the twilight of his career. Pats just too strong for the young Colts. Colts depend on Andrew Luck to carry the team & they have no running game to speak of. And speaking of no running game, how about Trent Richardson? Missed the pre game Indy walk thru this morning. Tweeted he was at a hospital in the Boston area taking care of a "family emergency". 

The Cowboys defensive backfield can't be mentioned with Seattle.

No they can't.

Seattle backfield would have picked off Roger's game winner against the Cowboys. Two defenders were right there, both whiffed. Great pass, but that would not happen with the Seahawks.

Radio guy says Colts will stop the run this time, so Brady goes to Gronk and friends. 

I remember when Cleveland drafted Trent Richardson in the first round & former Browns great Jim Brown said publicly that he hated the pick & didn't think Richardson was that good. A lot of fans including myself just went What?? Guess he knew what he was talking about. Can you say buuuuuust? I knew ya could. 

NFL OT rules suck... How can they have a championship game & not allow the Packers to take the field because Seattle scored a touchdown?? If GB doesn't score 7 then it's game over. To not give Green Bay another chance  to score just leaves me as a fan with a hollow feeling. Happy for Seattle as I'm a fan but really. 

I agree. 

ooof.

time to change out the ol' avatar I guess

...or maybe not.

Happy to be going to another super bowl but i have to agree that the NFL OT rules suck ass. NFL MVP QB vs. best D in the land in OT is a legendary matchup, you can't take that away from fans because the Hawks won a coin toss.

NFL OT rules suck... How can they have a championship game & not allow the Packers to take the field because Seattle scored a touchdown?? If GB doesn't score 7 then it's game over. To not give Green Bay another chance  to score just leaves me as a fan with a hollow feeling. Happy for Seattle as I'm a fan but really. 

For the "greatest league in the world" to have such an overtime structure is a miserable failure.

Essentially, they rely on the coin toss to determine a winner, and that is just sad.

What a helpless feeling if you were a Packer coach, offensive player or Packer fan. That truly sucked to watch. 

I can just imagine how I would feel if the Bombers lost that way.

The game is meant to be competitive, but when you take away that aspect, the game sucks. 

It's…not...finished.

Three phases to a football game: offense, defense and special teams. 

If, as a team, you've given up a TD in overtime it means you've ceded the entire length of the field.   You want a chance to win?  Go play defense and get the ball back.  Hell, hold the other team to a field goal and get the ball back.  Don't expect a shot if you completely **** the bed at the most inopportune time.   The Packers had a chance to get off the field.  They had Seattle 3rd and 7 .. a favourable down and distance .. and a situation where GB had been dictating play most of the afternoon.   Instead they gave up back to back 35 yard bombs for a score.

The rule is fine as it is.

Three phases to a football game: offense, defense and special teams. 

If, as a team, you've given up a TD in overtime it means you've ceded the entire length of the field.   You want a chance to win?  Go play defense and get the ball back.  Hell, hold the other team to a field goal and get the ball back.  Don't expect a shot if you completely **** the bed at the most inopportune time.   The Packers had a chance to get off the field.  They had Seattle 3rd and 7 .. a favourable down and distance .. and a situation where GB had been dictating play most of the afternoon.   Instead they gave up back to back 35 yard bombs for a score.

The rule is fine as it is.

Well said.