NFL semi final

Mark F

I like watching patriots stomp other teams. 

Specially Luck, whose brilliance I am tired of hearing about, since to date after three years, it's produced nothing but stats.

brady won Super Bowl first season.

Maybe the stompings remind of when Kindly Cal did the same thing. 

Specially Luck, whose brilliance I am tired of hearing about, since to date after three years, it's produced nothing but stats.

lol that seems like a bit of an oversimplification.  He's got his team to the wild card round, then the divisional round, then the conference championship in 3 seasons as the starting QB.  Immediately following seasons of 0-16 and 2-14 before he arrived.  Most teams would kill for that.

Of course everyone looks like a dud if you are going to measure them against Tom Brady.

lol that seems like a bit of an oversimplification.  He's got his team to the wild card round, then the divisional round, then the conference championship in 3 seasons as the starting QB.  Immediately following seasons of 0-16 and 2-14 before he arrived.  Most teams would kill for that.

Of course everyone looks like a dud if you are going to measure them against Tom Brady.

you are right. it is… I get annoyed about andrew luck, since he's been anointed.

very good points.  

but he's playing in a pretty bad division. I haven't checked, but I heard the other day that his record against teams with winning records is  not good. and beating Peyton in the post season, appears to be not much of an accomplishment.

So it is confirmed that the Patriots under inflated 11 of their 12 balls by 2 PSI. It's just non-stop cheating with those guys. Makes you wonder what other slimy schemes they've pulled off and not been caught for.

I think Belichek was fined 500K for the "spygate" thing .. this time it's going to cost the organization draft picks ..

So it is confirmed that the Patriots under inflated 11 of their 12 balls by 2 PSI. It's just non-stop cheating with those guys. Makes you wonder what other slimy schemes they've pulled off and not been caught for.

I think Belichek was fined 500K for the "spygate" thing .. this time it's going to cost the organization draft picks ..

They should lose draft picks and also salary cap space like what happened to the Redskins and Cowboys

People that think this is a big deal, live in some sports dreamworld .

"The New England Patriots weren't the only team trying to steal signals during the time of the Spygate scandal. The Steelers were, too, former coach Bill Cowher said Wednesday.

“The only thing they got caught (was) doing it with a camera,” Cowher told the radio station. “We had people that always tried to steal signals. Stealing someone's signals was a part of the game, and everyone attempted to do that.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/5423839-74/cowher-patriots-game#ixzz3PTXtIclb 

After they changed the ball, the Patriots continued to thrash the colts. They are a vastly better team in every way.

complete nonsense.

"The New England Patriots weren't the only team trying to steal signals during the time of the Spygate scandal. The Steelers were, too, former coach Bill Cowher said Wednesday.

“The only thing they got caught (was) doing it with a camera,” Cowher told the radio station. “We had people that always tried to steal signals. Stealing someone's signals was a part of the game, and everyone attempted to do that.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/5423839-74/cowher-patriots-game#ixzz3PTXtIclb 

After they changed the ball, the Patriots continued to thrash the colts. They are a vastly better team in every way.

complete nonsense.

Look, I'm not saying they should be disqualified from the Super Bowl or anything.  I understand that teams do what they can to gain an edge.

But the Patriots have been caught twice now, so they should be punished accordingly.  The rules are in place for a reason and if you don't enforce them then there is no point having them.  Just because some teams get away with it doesn't mean that you don't punish the ones who get caught.

They were cheating and they knew it so they deserve punishment.

complete nonsense.

no it's not complete nonsense...it's complete cheating...you obviously just don't like it because they got caught

complete nonsense.

Look, I'm not saying they should be disqualified from the Super Bowl or anything.  I understand that teams do what they can to gain an edge.

But the Patriots have been caught twice now, so they should be punished accordingly.  The rules are in place for a reason and if you don't enforce them then there is no point having them.  Just because some teams get away with it doesn't mean that you don't punish the ones who get caught.

sorry, Atomic my comment was rude…. 

pretty sure you are right, they will be punished some way or other.

blitzmore…. I actually don't care that they got caught. The only football team that I actually care about, is the Bombers….

complete nonsense.

sorry, Atomic my comment was rude…. 

pretty sure you are right, they will be punished some way or other.

blitzmore…. I actually don't care that they got caught. The only football team that I actually care about, is the Bombers….

In that case, I guess it would be alright with you if the bombers cheat...and yes I realize they were accused of cheating before.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to wait until the investigation is over.

Why?  We already have the important detail: 11 of the 12 balls provided by the Patriots were under-inflated and all the balls provided by the Colts were inflated to specifications.  You need the Goodell spin to tell you what to think and inform you how this isn't a black mark on the NFL?  It's all there in black and white.  The Patriots cheated.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to wait until the investigation is over.

Why?  We already have the important detail: 11 of the 12 balls provided by the Patriots were under-inflated and all the balls provided by the Colts were inflated to specifications.  You need the Goodell spin to tell you what to think and inform you how this isn't a black mark on the NFL?  It's all there in black and white.  The Patriots cheated.

I didn't say it wasn't a black mark on the NFL. Regardless of what the investigation turns up, it will be. But there are questions that need to be answered. Were the ball inspected properly by the officials? Did the person who looks after the balls after the inspection tamper with them? If the balls were tampered with was it someone acting on their own or were they told to do it? Long shot but could there be an explanation other than tampering that caused the balls to deflate during the game. Why didn't the officials notice there was a problem with the balls until late in the first half? 

I'd love to see Belichick suspended for the Super Bowl. Apparently John Mara is pushing hard to make that happen.

I was just reading an article that said the report won't be released until after the Super Bowl so that won't happen.

Three phases to a football game: offense, defense and special teams. 

If, as a team, you've given up a TD in overtime it means you've ceded the entire length of the field.   You want a chance to win?  Go play defense and get the ball back.  Hell, hold the other team to a field goal and get the ball back.  Don't expect a shot if you completely **** the bed at the most inopportune time.   The Packers had a chance to get off the field.  They had Seattle 3rd and 7 .. a favourable down and distance .. and a situation where GB had been dictating play most of the afternoon.   Instead they gave up back to back 35 yard bombs for a score.

The rule is fine as it is.

The rule is the dumbest in pro sports. If Seattle's defense is so good then let them try to stop Green Bay & truly walk off the field as champions. The coin toss won this game. 

If, as a team, you've given up a TD in overtime it means you've ceded the entire length of the field.   You want a chance to win?  Go play defense and get the ball back.  Hell, hold the other team to a field goal and get the ball back.  Don't expect a shot if you completely **** the bed at the most inopportune time.   The Packers had a chance to get off the field.  They had Seattle 3rd and 7 .. a favourable down and distance .. and a situation where GB had been dictating play most of the afternoon.   Instead they gave up back to back 35 yard bombs for a score.

The rule is the dumbest in pro sports. If Seattle's defense is so good then let them try to stop Green Bay & truly walk off the field as champions. The coin toss won this game. 

Exactly.

I can't think of another sporting circumstance where the opposing team, in a competition, isn't allowed to complete the game…that will ultimately decide the outcome for a championship, other than who won the coin toss….

That is house league.

Exactly.

I can't think of another sporting circumstance where the opposing team, in a competition, isn't allowed to complete the game…that will ultimately decide the outcome for a championship, other than who won the coin toss….

That is house league.

******* Goodell. Too bad a car doesn't run the ahole over. 

Exactly.

That is house league.

******* Goodell. Too bad a car doesn't run the ahole over. 

I agree that rule sucks. So do some other rules. I hardly watched any NFL this past year. I see an uncatchable kickoff and just feel so disgusted I turned off the TV. The fair catch was bad enough but that kick off placement is stupid. 

I get ribbing from some people for enjoying CFL when the best players go play in NFL. These people criticize the number of teams, the lack of continuity for the team rosters although the NFL is getting more volatile that way. I am sure all of you get the same stuff. I just prefer the rules of CFL. it is mind boggling how much money the NFL stars make (well at least the published amounts - whether they actually get it is another question). Isn't ther player in NFL tath make as much as all salary caps in CFL combined. Ouch.  

If Goodell was run over the car would slide off the road. He is the greasiest executive ever. You can just watch his brain formulating the evasions and lies everytime he speaks. He probably practices lying in the mirror every morning before breakfast.