EDM @ TOR GDT

Zontar

Wow Reilly had more yards in this one game then our qbs have had in the last 3 combined! 

Definitely has a strong arm and quite a gunslinger ,  it's unfortunate that we didn't sign him because he seems to have a good future.  

That being said Marshall defense was picked on big time by playing so soft... those dink and dunk passes by Ray were money all night and some easy YAC.

Edmontons receivers came up big with some great long ball receptions...  

Overall a fun game to watch with both teams having issues on defense..

Wow Reilly had more yards in this one game then our qbs have had in the last 3 combined! 

51 yards of passing came on throwing into triple coverage, and completing the pass on a double tip drill.  9 times out of 10 it was an INT.

51 yards of passing came on throwing into triple coverage, and completing the pass on a double tip drill.  9 times out of 10 it was an INT.

Sometimes the breaks fall for you sometimes they don't...   at least he moved the ball.   It's to bad that Ricky did an even better job. 

Mike Reilly had a very good game and is progressing nicely. They had to suffer through a few bad games but it looks like he's arrived.

We have the same record as they but, we're not patient (or wise) enough to pick and stick with one QB and develop him.

Can one (Hall) or the other (Goltz) develop? With the crutch still on the team, we might not find out.

Overall a fun game to watch with both teams having issues on defense..

Yes, it was a fun game to watch.

Missed the game cause I was out pretending to be an athlete but checked the score in the pub afterwards and was shocked to see it was a high scoring close game. Way The edmonton Offense that good or the Toronto defense that bad or combo of both?

Brandon was right. It was an entertaining game that was close thanks to the efforts of Henry, Stamps and Reilly.

The QBs of both teams were accurate. At one point there were 33 passes thrown, of which 30 were completed.

Field goals kept it close for Edmonton and they just wouldn't back down. Longer passes were the order of the day.

A bit lucky at times, but make no mistake, Reilly had an outstanding game and some great catches kept their drives alive.

It was more of a game where plays were made when they had to be made.

I think the right team won in the end.

seems like teams are so focussed on the high percentage short passing game more than actually pushing things downfield these days. 

The funny thing was that Ricky Ray was doing this all night long... I think he was 17/17 at one point .... but he was doing his same old dink and dunk passes... the difference was Edmonton could not tackle for shite and the YAC that Owens and Durie were getting really hurt the Eskimos. 

Also lots of ill timed penalties from both clubs .... the games score made it seem a bit closer then what it was... 

Sometimes the breaks fall for you sometimes they don't...   at least he moved the ball.   It's to bad that Ricky did an even better job. 

I totally agree with you.

But if that's your stance, why did you post this about Hall the other day:

he was lucky that he didn't have around 4-5 interceptions. His bullets down the field were very dangerous and under thrown.

"Sometimes the breaks fall for you" .. unless you're Max Hall, then it's just your fault apparently?

Missed the game cause I was out pretending to be an athlete but checked the score in the pub afterwards and was shocked to see it was a high scoring close game. Way The edmonton Offense that good or the Toronto defense that bad or combo of both?

Combo of both. TOR secondary looked soft often  but EDM had to make tough catches too that boosted Reilly's stats.

EDM's secondary is a joke -every bit as bad as WPG's and makes HAM's look air-tight.

Ray used a ton of deek and dunk to goose his stat total, which is fine, but it sent TSN/Cuthbert/Suitor into multiple orgasms ,

It was awful. Like Rod Black Cahoon/Calvillo awful.

All you have to do is look at Reilly's stats for his first 5 games of the season to see that it takes time for a young QB to get comfortable with players and an offense before he starts to put in games like Reilly has the last 2 (which still aren't perfect by any means).

We've got people on this board saying Goltz is useless after two starts. There was even some mention of Hall for sure not being a CFL QB after one start. And unfortunately, while that kind of thinking is less common on a board like this, it's way too common amongst the general fanbase. Patience is a non-existent concept.

Patience doesn't always pay off, certainly, but having none pretty much never pays off.

I hope Bellefeuille picks his guy (I'd still say it should be Goltz, but Hall is fine, too) and just sticks with him for the last 11 games of the season. Let's see if we have ourselves a starting QB for next year and beyond, and let's see them actually develop.

I hope Bellefeuille picks his guy (I'd still say it should be Goltz, but Hall is fine, too) and just sticks with him for the last 11 games of the season. Let's see if we have ourselves a starting QB for next year and beyond, and let's see them actually develop.

Penton's article this morning says we should expect Pierce behind centre this week.

Penton's article this morning says we should expect Pierce behind centre this week.

Sigh.

This team never learns.

I'm just so defeated.

Sigh.

This team never learns.

I'm just so defeated.

My exact sentiments. At least I don't have to go to another game until the Banjo Bowl.

Ugh.

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-