Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens Teaser

Logan007

Off topic but here's the leaked Superman v Batman trailer. Honestly I'm underwhelmed.

https://vid.me/NlzG

I saw this this morning as well.  I had the same reaction.  I'm hoping the movie is better.

Im not sure what to think of Zach Snyder.  I liked Dawn of the Dead and The Watchmen was a near-perfect film.  Man of Steel was atrocious but a lot of that was story.  I loved the realism of The Dark Knight series of films and I wished they had brought Superman to that world, not the other way around.  i do think ben Affleck could be a great Batman but if doesnt stay grounded, its not going to be good.

Warner bros has a lot riding on this.  But that trailer just want very good.  Looked like a mishmash of things I dont care about.

I am not a marketing guy but I have to wonder why you would leak your big event movie trailer on Star Wars Trailer day.

There's zero oxygen out there for Batman/Supes.

If I saw the Star Wars trailer I wouldnt even be releasing the SupermanVBatman one. I'd be re-working it.  Terrible trailer.  Fake gravitas.  Batman with glowing eyes?  Ugh.  Wb is risking it all.  Batman is the hero people most identify with.  The JLA and entire DC universe should be seen with Batman as the central figure, not Superman.

I was so giddy to see Man of Steel that I watched some movie my buddy wanted to under the condition we stay and watch Man of Steel right after.  Two minutes in, I leaned to him and said "uh oh".  They just dont get Superman.

They're trying to make it more "real".  And when I say that, I mean, they're trying to say, "what if an alien with these kinds of powers actually came to earth?".  The problem is, everyone has always viewed Supes as a boyscout for the most part.  And now they're trying to change him and make him more dark and brooding.  The movie was successful, but I think it was more so because it was "Superman" and "big splosions" then that it was good.  The story needed to be better, and Superman needed to do more crowd control of getting people away from the danger.  Just seemed like he cared more about beating the bad guys then saving anyone, until the end when he actually tried to stop that thing from terraforming the Earth.  But he's supposed to be explaining that part in this next movie.  Hence all the hate towards him, especially from Batman.

Even Batman doesn't seem like Batman in that trailer "do you bleed?  You will."  Like...woah, that doesn't sound like Batman to me.  I dunno.  I really hope it's good, but I'm not really a fan of Snyder's work.

Superman is a terrible character to try and turn into a gritty realistic one like they did with the Nolan Batmans. Superman is a god. flat out stop. At this point his powers are such that he can do whatever he needs to. There is never any danger for Superman, at least Batman can be taken down by a bullet. Superman is all about him being a boyscout and how despite being the god he is he is still a champion of humanity and doing the right thing. That just doesn't fly well in the action movie genre. They had success with dark and gritty Batman movies but you can't do that with every super hero. That's one thing that Marvel has done right. They haven't taken themselves as seriously as the Nolan Batmans did or Man of Steel tried to. I don't have a lot of faith in Warner Bros. shoe horning in a Justice League thing. It reeks of seeing Marvel with their tied universe and the Avengers raking in all the money and trying to say "ME TOO!!!" Problem is the only thing that WB has gotten right with their super hero movies so far is Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. Dark Knight Rises was OK but it had a lot of issues in it and if not for how good The Dark Knight was I doubt it would be regarded terribly highly. 

It can't be worse that Episodes 1 - 3 anyway. Judging by those two trailers it looks like Abrams' annoying light flashes aren't there. I hope they have a solid script (ie no huge plot holes, etc) instead of being overly dependent on special effects. At least with Abram's directing there shouldn't be any stiff acting.

Abrams is a good director as far as people not looking stiff in his films, or not belting out lines that sound like they shouldn't be there.  The only issue I have with JJ is his plot holes.  Sometimes he puts things into his movies just to make what he wants happen.  Like having that super duper transporter that Scotty magically built that allows you to transport almost anywhere.  Amazingly 70 years later they still don't have that technology in the original timeline.

Kinda preferred trailer 1 to 2. Like 1 it's just jumbled pieces pretty much. Long way to go to release date. I'm sure we will get something that tells us the storyline.

Some folks would say SW movies are kinda of bullet proof. That's sort of true. SW1 no doubt hurt the money of SW2/3 which made less but they still made hundreds of millions.

Personally I hated 1, loved 2 and thought 3 was okay. Horribly rushed ending to fit everything in.

Abrams is a very-good director. Loved ST even if it destroyed everything we know about ST especially what they can do(everything) and cannot do(not much) but I guess if you've got technology from the future coming back 100 years chits gonna change.

-

I liked Man of Steel on second viewing(despite the flying animals on Krypton) and as for BvS it would have been a really interesting film just on the Superman is god theme+Lex Luthor alone but they pushing the DC universe so...

Just have to laugh at Batman wondering if Superman bleeds.

Imagine if BvS fails?

No. 1 was terrible. Saw that in the theatre and haven't seen any of the others on the big screen since. I saw No. 2 on TV and it was just as bad. The plot holes in it were soooooo huge. I'm still waiting for No. 3 to be on TV so I can watch it.

I will defend Abrams for the ST movies. They don't affect any of the canon for the previous series and movies because Abrams' movies are set in an alternate timeline. Trek has had many alternate universe/timeline episodes in the past so it's not like it was something new.

I had a bootleg copy of Clones. And it was so bad I don't think I ever watched it until the blu ray. It was just that bad. The who prequel was a mess

Best thing Disney did was screw Lucas. He had treatments written for the sequel trilogy and they made him think they wanted to do it and once the sake was finalized they dumped him stories and brought back Kasdan to write new ones. Lucas' stories apparently was all new characters and kids and didn't have the originals in as large of parts

Question about vaders mask without watching Jedi all over, was his helmet that messed up when luke removed it to see anakins old face? or were ppl trashing the suit after he passed and joined the force? if it was trashed i blame the ewoks cuz they were seen messin with storm trooper helmets too 

It was not messed up when Luke removed it.  But he seemingly carried his father's body to the escape pod.  it was shown burning (at Luke's doing) at the end of the film.  I think it was right before Luke saw the ghosts of Yoda, Obi Wan & Anakin.  And Leia walks over to him, hugs him and brings him back to the party.

So in the trailer, the implication is someone took the partially burned mask out of the ashes.

hmmm interesting, if they do this right they could mind blow the whole lot of us, Dont forget, it was the Emperor who was hell bent to have Luke join the darkside, and Vader didnt even know it was his kid until Luke was already a young man. Did Vader have a sith apprentice prior to knowing about Luke?

Didnt Vader know?  Im pretty sure he knew about Luke.  He knew Padme was pregnant.  But didnt know what became of him until A New Hope (or Empire, I really cant remember now).  But I think he knew once he saw him or felt him or whatever.  He never knew their were twins until Luke's thoughts betrayed him.

Star Wars: Rogue One will tell a story between Episode 3 and A New Hope, so that might answer some questions though I doubt anyone we know will be in it.

here's the super early teaser trailer:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/star-wars-rogue-one-trailer-watch-the-teaser-for-the-jediless-death-star-heist-film-10188717.html

Watch it before it's pulled.  Disney has been pulling it down.

I thought in episode 3 the emperor told him padme died with no mention of the kid(s) once he arose in his new suit right after the Anakin/Obi fight. cuz he lets out that Noooooooo yell n force trashing the medical room.  And prior to that Yoda and Bail Organa decide to keep the kids a secret from Vader, 1 going with Organa (Leia) and the other with Obi Wan to Tatooine to live with anakins half brother. I might have been thinking of the video game unleash the force, where vader has a secret apprentice to eventually over throw the emperor but who knows.  if that rogue one is the episode 3.5 that could be a pretty cool movie cuz thats a 20 year gap between e3-4

Not originally, I think in Empire Strikes Back was more about the father/son realization between Vader and Luke,  New Hope was more about the empires(Vader more specifically) recognizing that people with the force had returned after 20yrs of nothing - Obi Wan more or less, as he says he feels a disturbance or tremor in the force  one he hasnt felt since his old master. then i think one of the empire generals argues with him to get that force choke move put on him.   

Once the emperor found out about Luke tho it was all about making him join the dark side,  Darth kept trying to persuade him after that with his being his father, telling him they arent so different (hand cut off)..ect I think it was still in Vaders plan to over throw the emperor this time with Luke, as it was when he was Darth Vader pre-suit and told Padme they could over throw him n bring peace to the galaxy. wasnt until Padme found out he killed younglings at the jedi temple that she turned her back to him n he blamed Obi Wan.  and thats why i wonder who else Vader may have conspired with during that gap between episodes 3 and 4 cuz it was still his plan by episodes 4-6

Anakin knew Padme was pregnant, but didn't know she gave birth to the twins until Luke came along.  I think Vader was always hesitant about Luke joining the dark side.  Vader always seemed like he never really wanted to join but had to in order to create peace in the galaxy.

definitely got mind lovin by Palpatine and his promises to teach him ways of the force jedi wouldnt such as cheating death in order to save padme from his premonitions. I dont think vader knew she was ready to pop last time he saw her, so you'd think the news she died would be assumed the unborn child did to. yoda, obi wan n organas keeping it a secret would have explained why if he asked no one would know. youd think if vader knew he had k7ds out there or the emperor, theyd go just as hard searching for them as they do rebel bases

Hence the quote "To protect you both from the Emperor, you were hidden from your father when you were born. The Emperor knew, as I did. If Anakin were to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him. That is the reason why your sister remains safely anonymous."