Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens Teaser

Logan007

The "Yoda vs The Emperor" intermixed with the "Anakin vs Obi-Wan" scenes at the end of Episode 3 is the finest moment of the entire saga IMO.

Give me something that rivals that and I'll be happy.

Also, no Gungans or Ewoks.  Or whatever those things were that George Lucas put into the new Indiana Jones.  God I'm glad that man is not involved with the new trilogy.

The "Yoda vs The Emperor" intermixed with the "Anakin vs Obi-Wan" scenes at the end of Episode 3 is the finest moment of the entire saga IMO.

Also, no Gungans or Ewoks.  Or whatever those things were that George Lucas put into the new Indiana Jones.  God I'm glad that man is not involved with the new trilogy.

Except the ending of both was awful.  "I've got the higher ground"/"Into exile I must go" were two very good example of how bad a writer Lucas is.

Except the ending of both was awful.  "I've got the higher ground"/"Into exile I must go" were two very good example of how bad a writer Lucas is.

Yes you're right, closely followed up by "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Oh God, dont remind me.  Just dreadful.  Lucas is a lousy, lousy writer.  I know he came to resent the backlash but what did he expect?

Oh God, dont remind me.  Just dreadful.  Lucas is a lousy, lousy writer.  I know he came to resent the backlash but what did he expect?

I'm glad we all agree on that.  Oh and let's not forget how compassionate ObiWan was for leaving Anakin siting there sans limbs burning in the fire.

"YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!........oh crap look at the time...sorry buddy I gotta run, I'd help you out of that fire but....umm.....yeah..."

The entire plot of the Episode I-III was laughbly bad.  Some good effects, occasionally good performances (Palpatine) and nostalgia was all that was good about them.

But I mean, 4-6 weren't so great in that regard either.  Luke Skywalker was just about the lamest character you can imagine.

Man I want to watch Star Wars now.

The entire plot of the Episode I-III was laughbly bad. Some good effects, occasionally good performances (Palpatine) and nostalgia was all that was good about them.

But I mean, 4-6 weren't so great in that regard either. Luke Skywalker was just about the lamest character you can imagine.

Man I want to watch Star Wars now.

Well to an extent. They were simplistic. The acting was mostly good. Alec Guiness brought class and gravitas to the film. I think with the other three Lucas was just as bad a writer but thought he was better and wrote a more complex story. Thus they really sucked. He also didn't know how to make Anakin sympathetic and show his fall.

I've been tempted to watch all six since I've been reading spoilers and speculation. Some I rumours I was not holy about but it seems to be coming into focus a bit better.

I think it was the way the characters interacted with each other and the dialogue, as well as the special effects, that made the original 3 so good.  The comical interaction was great, especially from Han.  Also, the originals had a clear cut hero, and a villain.  And there was also a clear plot to the movies.  The prequels had no clear hero, especially the Phantom Menace.  The Phantom menace also didn't have a clear villain.  And the plot was....what exactly?  The blockade?  OOOOoooo...I'm on the edge of my seat.  And he used way too much CGI IMO in the prequels.

But the saber fights were good.  I also enjoyed watching Liam Neison, Christopher Lee, and....umm....Yoda......

My kids love watching the originals, but as soon as I turn the prequels on they get bored and walk away after a while.

At least we have the originals...love them.  And I hope this movie does really well, because I miss that feeling I get when watching Star Wars.  And I don't mean nostalgia.  I mean that feeling you get when you watch a movie you love, new or old.  I really hope JJ pulls it off and I just leave the movie theater wow'd.  I think as long as the story is solid and the banter between the characters is good and there's some decent humor thrown in along with some good saber fights, I'll be happy.

I don't want much.  :D

The "old" debate is interesting. You have some people that are dismissive of "old actors" but I honestly think its a matter of those people not really thinking for themselves and getting caught up in whatever hype there is against the originals.

Same thing is happening with Star Trek and the announcement that here is a role for Shatner. There are probably legitimate arguments against using him but his age isn't one of them.

Logan - very true. The prequels were a mess. Let's not

Discount the influence of Kasdan on the franchise who wrote Empire. Also Lucas' wide edited the originals and some people believe she was absolutely critical to the success of those films and was sorely missed on the prequels.

I for one am excited, I like the idea of Luke showing up late. If they do it right. Talk about him during the start of the movie. Say what he is doing (off killing some Imps or some other badass thing) so when he does show up, the anticipation they built up would be awesome! One other thing is I hope they have one or two main villains and keep them for the entire trilogy. Have one of them kill Han or Leia in the first or second movie, so the tension for the next movie is built up and people can get a real sense of hatred toward the new Sith Lord. 

• 4 months later...

Firstly, can we agree that there will be spoiler discussion in this thread?

SPOILERS

There seems to be some debate about whether there is a skull inside the Vader helmet.  I had heard that last week and it didnt make sense since Anakin's body should have disappeared.  It doesnt look like a skull to me.  It looks like multiple layers of the helmet.  But CNN refers to seeing Anakin's skull inside the helmet.

Not all Jedi bodies dissappear though (Qui-Gon's didn't in Phantom Menace).  Obi Wan & Yoda did because they "became one with the force" (a trick they learn from Qui-Gon ironically). 

It looked like a skull to me on 1st glance but I've only watched it once.

Not all Jedi bodies dissappear though (Qui-Gon's didn't in Phantom Menace).  Obi Wan & Yoda did because they "became one with the force" (a trick they learn from Qui-Gon ironically). 

It looked like a skull to me on 1st glance but I've only watched it once.

Im by no means a Star Wars expert so I'll be glad to defer to others (Much more of a Star TREK expert), but the way I understand it, Qui Gon didnt disappear because he had not yet learned the secret of becoming one with the force.  However he managed to remain conscious after death, he was able to communicate orally but not appear as a ghost.  He taught Yoda and Obi Wan the secret and thus they disappeared, able to reappear.  Because Anakin appeared as a force ghost at the end of Return of the Jedi, his body should have disappeared.  The only Jedi we're seen return as ghosts also disappeared upon death (except Anakin which wasnt shows but doesnt mean it didnt happen).

I find it VERY eery and creepy and cool if his skull is still around though.  And I'd be all for his Ghost appearing, even if that meant Christianson being used (I have a feeling better writers and directors would get a better performance out of him).  Ofcourse, they could retcon young Anakin out of Return of the Jedi and restore the elder Anakin as it should be, really.  Also, I suppose since Anakin's ghost appeared to Luke at the end of Return, why wouldnt he appear to him in the time since? 

I watched it again & looked for screen caps and now I'm on the side of it not being a skull.  Just the burnt up shell of his helmet.

Here's a screen cap I found:

image.jpg

Very cool though.  I had heard rumours that Vader would be in it in flashbacks.  I hope that is the case and this not being his only appearance (though its very cool).  I also wonder if the full Vader suit worn by someone will appear as the new trilogy unfolds.  You'd think Disney would desperately want to bring back Vader and all the merchandising that goes with it.

From what I can put together we dont know who is "leading" the empire...someone must be pulling the strings.

This was a great trailer.  FYI, I don't think there's a skull in there.  Although, Obi-Wan never taught Anakin how to become one with the force, so maybe the body didn't vanish like Yoda's or Obi-Wan's.

I know one of the leaders, I can't remember his name.  He's the tall blond guy everyone thought was going to be Luke's son.  I believe Donald Driver is Kyle Ren aka the guy wielding the red light saber.

FYI, for those who didn't catch it...the light saber that is shown handed from one woman to another is Luke's original lightsaber (aka Anakin's lightsaber that was given to Luke by Obi-Wan) that he lost when Darth Vader cut his hand off in Empire right before he revealed that he was Luke's father.  Luke created another green lightsaber (which looks more like his master, Obi-Wan's) in Return of the Jedi, which is probably still the one he wields now.  I'm guessing that's what I read earlier, that they find Luke's hand holding his lightsaber.  I think people thought they meant that it was his robot hand holding his more recent lightsaber, not his old one.