The play I hate the most

The last play of the game and you need a touchdown. You need it, it's a moral imperative. If you don't get it you're out of the playoffs and/or you lose the big game.

And your QB gets sacked.

Throw the ball! Even if no one is open, throw the ball towards the end zone.

No no no - no one was open. Aren't you reading the posts in all these thread? LMAO.

Hey - know what I want to know - and I want You Tube links not some 'willy boy' just spouting off. How many times this year as Willy 'looked off' the defense? Cause that's what I hate - the man plays like a 20 year old high school kid. He targets ONE guy, and stays locked on him, Been doing that all year. He admitted it too (for last nights game anyway). I don't ever recall him though, not once this year, looking left when right or center was his target his whole time, then turning and throwing it there (as an example). 

My fav part of that 'hail mary' play was when he ran to his left. He can't throw ball like that anyway. As soon as he went that way I knew he'd be sacked. And that isn't coaching, - NO ONE told him to do that - that's allllll on Drew Willy.

To who? Nobody? How is that better?? Maybe if we had an OL that could actually pass block. 

iso iso iso - NO ONE is open on a  Hail Mary. Since when do you see an 'open receiver'? You know that for crissakes. Take your fingers out of your ears and stop going LALALALALALALALA. In a Hail Mary you send everyone down the short side, you roll that way, you get about 4 seconds or 5 (and he had that) and you heave it up there and hope for a miracle catch or a PI call. That's why the play is called a "Hail Mary". The chance of success on that play is about 0.01% but the chance is zero if you don't throw the ball. 

I know you know better, you just can't wrap your head around it. And again Willy himself says he blew it. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF SAND

The last play of the game and you need a touchdown. You need it, it's a moral imperative. If you don't get it you're out of the playoffs and/or you lose the big game.

And your QB gets sacked.

Throw the ball! Even if no one is open, throw the ball towards the end zone.

No no no - no one was open. Aren't you reading the posts in all these thread? LMAO.

Hey - know what I want to know - and I want You Tube links not some 'willy boy' just spouting off. How many times this year as Willy 'looked off' the defense? Cause that's what I hate - the man plays like a 20 year old high school kid. He targets ONE guy, and stays locked on him, Been doing that all year. He admitted it too (for last nights game anyway). I don't ever recall him though, not once this year, looking left when right or center was his target his whole time, then turning and throwing it there (as an example). 

My fav part of that 'hail mary' play was when he ran to his left. He can't throw ball like that anyway. As soon as he went that way I knew he'd be sacked. And that isn't coaching, - NO ONE told him to do that - that's allllll on Drew Willy.

You sure have all the answers to none of the questions. Or are totally clueless. You & Your Face.

To who? Nobody? How is that better?? Maybe if we had an OL that could actually pass block. 

iso iso iso - NO ONE is open on a  Hail Mary. Since when do you see an 'open receiver'? You know that for crissakes. Take your fingers out of your ears and stop going LALALALALALALALA. In a Hail Mary you send everyone down the short side, you roll that way, you get about 4 seconds or 5 (and he had that) and you heave it up there and hope for a miracle catch or a PI call. That's why the play is called a "Hail Mary". The chance of success on that play is about 0.01% but the chance is zero if you don't throw the ball. 

I know you know better, you just can't wrap your head around it. And again Willy himself says he blew it. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF SAND

How could Willy throw the ball when he didn't have time & his pass blocking broke down? But we know you think Robert Marve would have completed that pass, right? Just because you say so. Of course, you'll love the guy until he fucks up then **** all over him. That's what fans like you do.

How could Willy throw the ball when he didn't have time & his pass blocking broke down? But we know you think Robert Marve would have completed that pass, right? Just because you say so. Of course, you'll love the guy until he fucks up then **** all over him. That's what fans like you do.

This is exactly the type of reaction MOS was hoping to get from the fans with his unwillingness to pull Willy last night. By failing to give Marve some playing time, no one knows how well he could have done. O'Shea probably knew Marve was capable of a much better performance, yet he refused play him in fear of it hurting his ego, and potentially creating a QB controversy. I fear that his loyalty to Drew Willy is unshakeable.

Willy had time to chuck the ball downfield on the last play.  By the time he got sacked a couple of receivers were already standing still in the endzone.

The frustrating part of that, is you know it's the last play and you know that it's a hope and a prayer, you have to just let the ball fly and hope for the best no matter what. 

I never understood why qbs/teams never go for the hail mary on the last play or last play of the half....  with all the wishy washy pass interference plays you would think they would at least give it a shot and possibly get the penalty?

You know I have two vivid memories of the Bombers going for it to end the half, once with Brink at qb and he lobbed a td pass up to carr (i think it was carr anyway) in the endzone rather than trying a field goal and the other was in 2005 against Ottawa. There was one play until half and I just assumed Jim Daley would do the Jim Daley thing and take a knee and go into the locker room so I head to the bathroom, well next thing you know the guys I was watching the game with are yelling and cheering, Chris Brazzell to the endzone! son of a *****. As long as you don't turn the ball over I'd try it all the time.

I never understood why qbs/teams never go for the hail mary on the last play or last play of the half....  with all the wishy washy pass interference plays you would think they would at least give it a shot and possibly get the penalty?

I challenge the very idea of trying that.

Fans like me? What the heck are you talking about? Why are you pissed at me? What did I do, other than point out the obvious? Now you're putting words in my mouth. First off, Zack Collaros (no one has said this yet either, really??) Did the same fricken thing earlier in the Toronto game (that's the guy I wanted) and I said (not here) that was a bonehead play.

He had 4 seconds ISO - watch the game again, He had enough time.

Are you mad because the bombers have lost EIGHT games in a row, and 9 of 10, and you think I have something to do with it. You also realize I'm not the only one who thinks like this.

You also realise it's a 'team' game right? You have any idea what a 'team' game is. Here let me explain - in a team game like football, for the offense to be succesful, you have to #1 - pass block. An offensive line, on average will give the QB about 4 to 5 seconds (sometimes less) to make his reads and throw the ball. During that time, the receivers have to run their routes. Also, during that time the QB has to make the right decision and throw the ball during that time frame. When one of those things fail, the QB gets sacked. 

Watch the game again iso when TSN repeats. Get a stop watch and time him. First sack, Willy had no chance. There were a couple of other sacks he did not get his 5 seconds. Now tell me, have you ever seen a game, where a QB throws the ball to a receiver, and he either A) has to fight through the defender to make the catch, or B) seen a receiver make a catch and then get hit almost immediately after? Or in your dream world, the receiver has to wide open - as in no defender in sight or 20 yards before you throw him the ball? 

Describe open. You know, I really really hope you are just trying to get under my skin. You are right? 

And read my posts from July - I was like you guys, I loved Willy. But week after week after week he was getting worse and worse and worse. This past game was beyond horrible and why he wasn't pulled is beyond me. He was like a goalie in Hockey who couldn't stop a floater - if a goalie was getting scored on left and right, from all angles, would you not pull him?

I tell ya - you really take the cake on this one. But yeah, blame 'fans like me' that's why we lost. Fans like me. 

edit; just to add on Marve - I have no idea if he would have 'completed' the pass, most likely not as they are such low percentage throws. But, I'd bet you 100 bucks he would have thrown the ball.. if he even would have needed to As I said in another thread - if Marve came in in the 3rd quarter - we probably win going away (as b.c. kept killing themselves with penalties) and he wouldn't have had been in a position to throw a hail mary to begin with. 

Personally, I wanted to see Marve in the 4th quarter... not because I think he's the better QB or should be the starter... but it was plainly obvious to anywhere there that the offense, as a whole, was not getting it done... our only hope was that Marve could use his mobility to try and conjure up some miracle plays... maybe open up the running game too... which was mysteriously abandoned... also, IMO, Willy had ample time to throw on most of the sacks...

EDIT: I knew that one was going to get me in trouble!  :lol:

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

Actually the play that bugs me the most is the corner route in the endzone.  We get near the red zone, Willy's gonna throw to the back corner of the endzone. Did it on the two-point convert last game too.  It just never connects.

The sack on the final play last game, yeah, that's frustrating, but **** happens.  It's the tendencies that even an idiot like me can see that drive me nuts.

Actually the play that bugs me the most is the corner route in the endzone.  We get near the red zone, Willy's gonna throw to the back corner of the endzone. Did it on the two-point convert last game too.  It just never connects.

The sack on the final play last game, yeah, that's frustrating, but **** happens.  It's the tendencies that even an idiot like me can see that drive me nuts.

and always to Romby Bryant lately and that's just got fail written all over it from the get go. 

For me it was the complete/incomplete catch to ... the new guy.  Whatever his name is.  Almost everyone in the stadium knew it hit the ground.  Denmark is screaming at the bench to get a play in.  Wait.  Wait.  Wait.  Challenge.  Incomplete.

Sack on the final play is unfortunate but that was hardly the first time it's happened in the history of football.  This was Bellefeuille not being aware of the situation and that pissed me off.  Maybe the Bomber staff will claim they preferred to have a normal 2nd and 10 over a rushed 2nd and 5, but I saw no indications of that.  Just an OC not paying attention.