Neufeld injured again

Tracker

When healthy, Neufeld is a legit starting Canadian OL.  He started almost every game for the Riders a couple years ago.  I still think giving up the 2nd rounder for him was worth it.  We need to be patient with him.  Worst case is he's our 6th OL which still has value.  I'm hoping the Bombers put him on an offseason training regimen so he comes to camp with a higher fitness level next TC.

we gave up more than just a 2nd round pick. We also gave up a player who was one of the best at his positions who helped the Riders win the Grey Cup. People need to stop pretending that Hall had 0 value and shouldn't be counted as part of the trade. We gave up a star player AND a 2nd round pick to get an injury prone OL. That trade stank from day 1. Could have used those assets to get something more worthwhile. 

When healthy, Neufeld is a legit starting Canadian OL.  He started almost every game for the Riders a couple years ago.  I still think giving up the 2nd rounder for him was worth it.  We need to be patient with him.  Worst case is he's our 6th OL which still has value.  I'm hoping the Bombers put him on an offseason training regimen so he comes to camp with a higher fitness level next TC.

we gave up more than just a 2nd round pick. We also gave up a player who was one of the best at his positions who helped the Riders win the Grey Cup. People need to stop pretending that Hall had 0 value and shouldn't be counted as part of the trade. We gave up a star player AND a 2nd round pick to get an injury prone OL. That trade stank from day 1. Could have used those assets to get something more worthwhile. 

I look at the trade as:

Neufeld for 2nd rounder

4th rounder for Hall

Actually if you go back I think you will see that Hall did not in fact do much to help them win the cup. He did not play every down, and I don't seem to recall him having great numbers.

I look at the trade as:

Neufeld for 2nd rounder

4th rounder for Hall

that's a pretty silly way to look at it. it was Neufeld and a 4th for Hall and a 2nd. We gave up the better player and the better draft pick in the trade. Now sure the contract lengths come into play and maybe shift the value to Neufeld over Hall, but the fact that he's injury prone sure doesn't help. Some people just get such raging hard ons over trades they have to tell themselves it was a good trade no matter what. Walters has been pretty iffy in trades. He over pays to get what he wants and that can damage you long term if it becomes a trend. 

When healthy, Neufeld is a legit starting Canadian OL. He started almost every game for the Riders a couple years ago. I still think giving up the 2nd rounder for him was worth it. We need to be patient with him. Worst case is he's our 6th OL which still has value. I'm hoping the Bombers put him on an offseason training regimen so he comes to camp with a higher fitness level next TC.

I look at the trade as:

Neufeld for 2nd rounder

4th rounder for Hall

that's a pretty silly way to look at it. it was Neufeld and a 4th for Hall and a 2nd. We gave up the better player and the better draft pick in the trade. Now sure the contract lengths come into play and maybe shift the value to Neufeld over Hall, but the fact that he's injury prone sure doesn't help. Some people just get such raging hard ons over trades they have to tell themselves it was a good trade no matter what. Walters has been pretty iffy in trades. He over pays to get what he wants and that can damage you long term if it becomes a trend.

Hall may be the better player but Neufeld had MUCH more value to the Bombers.

Hall had no more value to us, that's the important thing here.

Don't care what he did with Saskatchewan, although it wasn't much.

The swap of draft picks can be debated but also has to include the red-shirting in '14.

Our pick is in 2015.

If Neufeld shows anything in the future, how can that not be a clear asset gain for us?

At this point there's just as good a chance as any that Moore's just having an unlucky year. It happens, one injury leads to another and then another... it's easier to hurt something else when you're compensating for something else.

Now if it happens again next year, then I'll be bummed out.

As for Neufeld, we had a player we were losing to the NFL anyways.  I doubt anyone was offering more for him than the Grey Cup host team where money was no object.

We could have gotten more with a bag of 4 footballs & a blocking dummy from the Riders for Hall instead of Neufeld. How many games has he actually played? Two? Three? We also gave up a second round pick (I believe) which to me is a lot. 

Yer Fkn delusional if you thought we could get more then a starting canadian lineman for a rent a player for x amount of games... Especially knowing the NFL was his goal for next season... What, you think we coulda got ray or bourke or Cornish?

Give yer head a shake man..

Yer Fkn delusional if you thought we could get more then a starting canadian lineman for a rent a player for x amount of games... Especially knowing the NFL was his goal for next season... What, you think we coulda got ray or bourke or Cornish?

If we had traded Hall for Neufeld straight up my tune would be entirely different. The fact that we had to throw in a 2nd round pick is what makes the trade poor. 

If we had traded Hall for Neufeld straight up my tune would be entirely different. The fact that we had to throw in a 2nd round pick is what makes the trade poor. 

Yeah, one for one then fine. But losing that pick made it a bad trade. Neufeld not  playing just  makes it worse.  

A rental import for a NI O-Lineman straight up?

Who would make that trade?

A 2014 eleventh pick (as it turns out) for a 4th rounder in 2015 (TBD) and a 26 year old O_line guy?

That's still tilted in the Bombers favour.

An INJURED 26 year old Neufeld. And continually injured this season. He wasn't worth losing a second pick over. One for one then sure, fine. Why would Walters give up a second round pick knowing  he was losing Hall anyway considering  how bad our Canadian talent was & still is?

A rental import for a NI O-Lineman straight up?

Who would make that trade?

A 2014 eleventh pick (as it turns out) for a 4th rounder in 2015 (TBD) and a 26 year old O_line guy?

That's still tilted in the Bombers favour.

An INJURED 26 year old Neufeld. And continually injured this season. He wasn't worth losing a second pick over. One for one then sure, fine. Why would Walters give up a second round pick knowing  he was losing Hall anyway considering  how bad our Canadian talent was & still is?

Well, for one thing, Hall wasn't Canadian when we traded him, and he still isn't.

And Neufeld was/is a NI O-Lineman who is, at least a depth player and was/is still, potentially, a starter.

Of course he has to be healthy, but any player traded, drafted or signed from the US has to be also.

And we received a 4th round pick in 2015, arguably a better draft…so really, what's the problem?