Fly to Edmonton with the Bombers

Logan007

I like Calgary, a rich beautiful city with great roads.yes, it has out grown it's road system but not a bump anywhere.

Edmonton ..just never ever liked that City.

What are you talking about!?!?  I just drove through Calgary this summer and it was filled with potholes.

Not on the sidewalks...

There's sidewalks in Calgary?! I thought everyone drove from door to door...

Way too much $$$ for one day vacation.

yikes that is expensive.

Drive around Winnipeg, there are thousands of small businesses that employ ten to a hundred or more  people. there is an amazing entrepreneurial spirit in this City. Drive through

Calgary, there's nothing like that at all.

just a bunch of brand new, gigantic houses. and roads and freeways to them.

Alberta, outside of the cities, is physically a very beautiful place, I'll give it that.

Way too much $$$ for one day vacation.

yikes that is expensive.

calgary, Edmonton, who cares.

all of Alberta, sixty or more years of living on oil, and still that's all they have going for themselves. Zero diversification. One of these days, probably sooner than later, that's going to

backfire. in a big way. Not me saying that, it's people in the oil business.

Drive around Winnipeg, there are thousands of small businesses that employ ten to a hundred or more  people. there is an amazing entrepreneurial spirit in this City. Drive through

just a bunch of brand new, gigantic houses. and roads and freeways to them.

Alberta, outside of the cities, is physically a very beautiful place, I'll give it that.

I guess Alberta gave us Nickelback, (good band), but they left didn't they?

you've still got the band the Stampeders though. think they stuck around.

Unfortunately our infrastructure is absolute trash and could never handle a larger population then we have now.  Unless they so something radical like build a sky tram like Vancouver.

...to start.

Bullshit. Do you really expect me to believe that a city with the corporate clout like Calgary has doesn't have an amazing entrepreneurial spirit? The number of businesses here both big and small would probably blow your mind. Oil and gas is a huge industry that requires a hell of a lot of support services to run, that's not even getting into the businesses that serve the population in general. It's a big city here, much bigger than Winnipeg, lot of people need their services. 

With nearly 1.3m people in the city alone, there's a LOT of **** going on. Never mind downtown...all the little communities that keep developing as the city moves south (Douglasdale, McKenzie Town/Lake, Cranston, Seton, etc etc etc) have got their own small-town vibe with businesses to support that. I think it's hard for Winnipeggers to comprehend the vastness of Calgary...

With nearly 1.3m people in the city alone, there's a LOT of **** going on. Never mind downtown...all the little communities that keep developing as the city moves south (Douglasdale, McKenzie Town/Lake, Cranston, Seton, etc etc etc) have got their own small-town vibe with businesses to support that. I think it's hard for Winnipeggers to comprehend the vastness of Calgary...

yes, because we've never left Winnipeg...

LOL, never been to a REAL metropolis? Think New York, LA, Houston or for real vastness Mexico City. Thanks for the laugh!

$845 isn't really that expensive. Sure you could likely drive out and stay at a cheap hotel for less but what you get for $845 is pretty good.

A flight too and from Winnipeg would be around $650-$700

A night at the Westin is around $150-$200

Game ticket around $50

And then transportation would be around $50 if you cabbed it.

I agree for basically one night it's kinda expensive but I go to Regina on one of those bus trips and it's $350-$400 and it's only really a day and you have to spend it in Regina!!

Calgary is the Dallas of Canada. I like Calgary but the downfall is it's altitude. You often don't get hot weather and expect snow anytime.

it gets hot for a while in the summer, but it's basically a desert so there's not much humidity and it's not the real muggy heat that you see in Manitoba, this also results in it getting quite cool when the sun goes down. Back in Manitoba you could wear shorts all night and never notice, but in Calgary if you're going to be outside all night chances are you better have a jacket and pants with you. It's not even the altitude that makes for the screwy weather we get, that's all because of the mountains being right there that screws things up for us. Does weird things to the air coming over them and you never know what you're going to get for weather.