Future fans of the CFL?

Fatty Liver

It's not possible to have a Salisbury section with the new stadium configuration but maybe colour coded sections to highlight support would help.

Why not?  There are at least 4 sections that are consistently empty in each corner, probably more.  That means there are few season ticket holders in those sections if any.  They could easily give dozens of blocks of tickets to an interested partner (most likely a grocery store or restaurant) to sell for cheap.

No, simply meant as to the difference in the two fields.

It was easier to isolate seats in the north end zone or south end zone (when they had it) and price them accordingly at the old field.

It was definitely harder to move to better seats.

Of course, now, they could just price them differently according what the lousy selling seats are and they well should.

To me, any seat that is sold, even at a bargain price, is a future seat sold in a better seating configuration.

It's the big picture and they should get on that.

IMO it's way harder to move in the new stadium.  Almost all of the good seats are season tickets, basically all of the tickets between the goal-lines in the lower bowl and bottom half of the upper bowl.

They'd be much better off if they look at the trends and realize that certain sections just do not sell unless the games are complete sellouts, and those will be rare at 33000.  Put butts in those seats for $15 a pop, have those people match that investment on concessions and you've got found money basically, doesn't cost more to have more people in the stadium because it is staffed for 33000.

Put butts in those seats for $15 a pop, have those people match that investment on concessions and you've got found money basically, doesn't cost more to have more people in the stadium because it is staffed for 33000.

yeah empty seats do nothing for you unless you consistently have so few people you just close off parts of the stadium, but that's not what happens in IGF. So even if you're basically giving those unsold tickets away you get asses in the seats chances are they'll buy a drink, maybe a hot dog or something as well and you're making more than not having anyone sit there. 

In terms of making the actual CFL games accessible for young fans, the Bombers would be smart to bring back the Safeway style cheap seats using the several thousand seats in the endzones that never sell. Can't speak to what other teams are doing in that regard.

I used to buy the Salisbury house endzone tickets as they were all my friends and I could afford. I'd like to see the Bombers bring that back in some way to allow the folks with less disposable income to attend some games. A student section with discounted tickets would be great too. Get the younger folks in the stands and some will become lifelong fans to fill up the expensive seats.

Bombers do partner with Co-op on 2 P5 tickets (End zone) for $60 or 4 tickets and a parking pass for $125. I believe that's about $10-15 off the regular price for those tickets.

All these points are super important for the Bombers to continue building the underlying base for future years.

It's not possible to have a Salisbury section with the new stadium configuration but maybe colour coded sections to highlight support would help.

And now would be a great time to have that Superstore down the road get more heavily involved with tickets in their own SuperSection.

Good on Co-Op for a unique approach in their support for the club.

Why not? There are at least 4 sections that are consistently empty in each corner, probably more. That means there are few season ticket holders in those sections if any. They could easily give dozens of blocks of tickets to an interested partner (most likely a grocery store or restaurant) to sell for cheap.

I used to ***** up the safeway tickets with my friends when they sold endzone and.upperdeck ones at reduced rate... Still kinda surprised they havent got around to blowing out the non-sellers... Maybe next year they will see the "trend" data and sell em to schools or wutever else to at least get something from them..

At least it's not like MLB teams. The Cubs by the end of this year will have played in approximately 15 different uniforms.

Only 15? With all the combinations I'd expect that number to be even higher. 

I'd take the upper corners in all CFL stadiums and make them $15 tickets but only available 2 hours before the game. Make people show up to get the "deal" or buy them in advance for $25. Create a buzz and give the college crowd a chance to get involved (wear school shirts to get a coupon for a free hot dog or popcorn).

I live in the states and have a lot of exposure to new NCAA unis that come out for different colleges.  Now obviously the Oregon Ducks colors are fine, those kinda tend to reflect the identity of the school and since their colors for quite a while have been green and yellow, most of the new sigs they come out with don't detract from the overall value.  But I seen other schools go out and try to experiment with new colors in the unis and most of their fans hate it.  I definitely know if the Green Bay Packers, Pittsburgh Steelers, Chicago Bears, Miami Dolphins, or Dallas Cowboys tried such a thing they would get about as negative a reaction as you could imagine.  With the Seattle Seachickens, the Tennessee Titans, the 49ers, or even the Houston Texans, the reaction probably wouldn't be that negative.

That being said, I actually like the Argos new sig unis when they're wearing the white away jerseys.  Maybe that's partially due to some of the unis I've seen over the years with the UNC Tarheels and some of the old Houston/Tennessee Oiler jerseys, but to me those aren't a bad jersey.  I think the Bombers could modify the ones they got and just put more gold in them as opposed to the blue camo they got.  That imo, would fix some issues.

I live in the states and have a lot of exposure to new NCAA unis that come out for different colleges.  Now obviously the Oregon Ducks colors are fine, those kinda tend to reflect the identity of the school and since their colors for quite a while have been green and yellow, most of the new sigs they come out with don't detract from the overall value.  But I seen other schools go out and try to experiment with new colors in the unis and most of their fans hate it.  I definitely know if the Green Bay Packers, Pittsburgh Steelers, Chicago Bears, Miami Dolphins, or Dallas Cowboys tried such a thing they would get about as negative a reaction as you could imagine.  With the Seattle Seachickens, the Tennessee Titans, the 49ers, or even the Houston Texans, the reaction probably wouldn't be that negative.

That being said, I actually like the Argos new sig unis when they're wearing the white away jerseys.  Maybe that's partially due to some of the unis I've seen over the years with the UNC Tarheels and some of the old Houston/Tennessee Oiler jerseys, but to me those aren't a bad jersey.  I think the Bombers could modify the ones they got and just put more gold in them as opposed to the blue camo they got.  That imo, would fix some issues.

You guys are like a bunch of women arguing over clothes. :rolleyes:   Please take your discussion on fashion over to the uniform thread, you're killing the theme.