Tim Horton Field Not Ready Until Labour Day (Maybe)

iso_55

Buchko put his reputation on the line with the stadium vowing it would be ready. It wasn't. You're saying he wasn't involved with anything related to that? That was the beginning of the end for the guy practically before it even started. He also recommended keeping Tim Burke. How can you defend him? He was out of his league...

I'm saying none of that. What I am saying is he had nothing to do with the Bombers 2012 football schedule. I also said he could be blamed for a number of things but the schedule is not one of them. He screwed up with saying IGF would be ready. He screwed up with Burke and Mack. But he had nothing to do with asking for 4 road games to start 2012 because he wasn't hired when the Bombers would have told the League's scheduler makers.
You're choice to defend the guy. Nobody else is. You sure like to micro manage & pick at things people say more than anyone here. I see it on so many of your posts. You focus on one thing & then pick that hill to die on. Well good, Buchko didn't have anything to do with the schedule. Good for him. CFL Exec of the year. Big loss when he got fired. It's hard to believe the Bombers recovered from such a traumatic event.

You sure read more into what people say than anyone I've ever come across.

You just pick the weirdest hills to defend & die upon. You speculate a lot of things & correct people without having really no more knowledge than the posters you are correcting. I'm not saying you don't know your stuff as you obviously do but maybe you should be a sports editor. 

One of the problems is you have confused a dislike for re-writing history with defending someone. Isn't speculating pretty much the same as an opinion - I think you'll find that pretty much everyone here speculates quite a bit.  BTW, if you think I don't look things up first you are mistaken. 

Buchko put his reputation on the line with the stadium vowing it would be ready. It wasn't. You're saying he wasn't involved with anything related to that? That was the beginning of the end for the guy practically before it even started. He also recommended keeping Tim Burke. How can you defend him? He was out of his league...

I'm saying none of that. What I am saying is he had nothing to do with the Bombers 2012 football schedule. I also said he could be blamed for a number of things but the schedule is not one of them. He screwed up with saying IGF would be ready. He screwed up with Burke and Mack. But he had nothing to do with asking for 4 road games to start 2012 because he wasn't hired when the Bombers would have told the League's scheduler makers.
You're choice to defend the guy. Nobody else is. You sure like to micro manage & pick at things people say more than anyone here. I see it on so many of your posts. You focus on one thing & then pick that hill to die on. Well good, Buchko didn't have anything to do with the schedule. Good for him. CFL Exec of the year. Big loss when he got fired. It's hard to believe the Bombers recovered from such a traumatic event.

You sure read more into what people say than anyone I've ever come across.

You just pick the weirdest hills to defend & die upon. You speculate a lot of things & correct people without having really no more knowledge than the posters you are correcting. I'm not saying you don't know your stuff as you obviously do but maybe you should be a sports editor. 

One of the problems is you have confused a dislike for re-writing history with defending someone. Isn't speculating pretty much the same as an opinion - I think you'll find that pretty much everyone here speculates quite a bit.  BTW, if you think I don't look things up first you are mistaken. 

So, you look things up. What do you want, a medal? Still doesn't mean you're right. You speculate & correct people more than anyone here & you're not always right. How do you know Buchko was not part of any decisions between his hire & his start? You dont. You actually think that he would just walk in first day on the job totally oblivious to the issues the club faced such as the stadium construction delay & the affects on the schedule? I highly doubt that. Again, speculation on my part but I would think this would be a common business practice for him to be up to speed on that one. You have no way of saying otherwise without asking Buchko yourself. Anyway,I was trying to be nice to you by saying you know your stuff & should be a sports editor without this digressing into a pissing match. I suggest we end this here, now. 

Rudeness abounds.

Yeah, well.... I admit saying Jacquie deserved a medal for looking things up was rude. I shouldn't have said that & I will apologize by saying sorry to Jacquie. But in reality, it's not any more rude than some other comments directed at me or others by people over the years. However, having said that, I was in the wrong. I'm thick skinned having been on these forums since 2000. I used to be one of the nicest posters around when I started until I got my chain jerked around by more than a few people over the years. Not that I use this as an excuse but I previously experienced some real hatred, mocking & bullying on some websites just because I cheered for a team some people didn't like. I was threatened by an internet wackjob named Sandy over a decade ago. Had my run ins with ArgoDave & others. So  now, it takes a lot to insult me & I can be very brusque at times. Sometimes, I forget that others aren't like that. Or haven't been around as long as I have on CFL forums. I've gone from a guy who was very polite to someone who speaks his mind with the force of a Mike Tyson punch. Again, no excuse but it is what it is. 

I'm not really up to date with whats going in Hamilton, but why can't they play in Guelph again?

I guess they were told that THF would be ready so they had no Plan B or now Plan C for this season . Their situation is far, far worse than we ever were. Thank God we still had Canad Inns Stadium to fall back on with just minor inconveniences to season ticket holders. Where would the Bombers have played had they tore down Canad Inns & built IGF there & faced (up to) a years delay? At the old Pan Am Stadium at the U of M? Or become a barnstorming CFL team? On the road for 18 games? Glad we never had to face that problem.

I'm not really up to date with whats going in Hamilton, but why can't they play in Guelph again?

I would assume at that point that the CIS season would have already started by then. That's likely why the McMaster stadium is unavailable at Labour Day, which leads me to believe that Guelph's stadium is probably not available either.

Just a guess.

I would assume at that point that the CIS season would have already started by then. That's likely why the McMaster stadium is unavailable at Labour Day, which leads me to believe that Guelph's stadium is probably not available either.

Just a guess.

Just did a quick look up of the CIS schedule, and Guelph is the team that McMaster is hosting on the 1st. 

Where's my medal?  ;)

I guess they were told that THF would be ready so they had no Plan B or now Plan C for this season . Their situation is far, far worse than we ever were.

But if they are getting $1mil every time they can not play at Tim Field then financially they are far, far better off?

Just a guess.

Just did a quick look up of the CIS schedule, and Guelph is the team that McMaster is hosting on the 1st. 

Where's my medal?   ;)

Haha, there we go ;).