Are the Bombers going to change the way the league thinks?

Mike

Bucknor is playing much better than Jovon Johnson did last year, and he's a Canadian. Says a lot about what a great job Walters has done upgrading the talent level.

Bucknor is playing much better than Jovon Johnson did last year, and he's a Canadian. Says a lot about what a great job Walters has done upgrading the talent level.

and how bad JJ has gotten (no offense to Bucknor though I agree he's been playing well). Oh, forgot, JJ is 'back' if he does say so himself. 

This is a really nice thread Mike ... good insight on your part .... I am looking forward to Fitzgerald starting to shine .... I expect he could become an important slotback for us ... not a speedy Gonzales but owning the middle of the field when there is lots of traffic there

As we thought 'outside the box' when we used our tight end formation and passed the ball to the tight ends, we thought outside the box when we signed players to utilize when the the need arose.

Case in point…signing Feoli-Gudino to compliment Corey Watson when he inevitably went down.

Worked out really fine so far.

Plenty of teams pay lip service to the concept "next man up"....but, this team just does it, week in, week out.

Because they had too.

That being said. Toronto looks pathetic with they depth/ backups on offence.

Well, if Watson, Moore AND Denmark went down at once, our depth might be a different story...

As we thought 'outside the box' when we used our tight end formation and passed the ball to the tight ends, we thought outside the box when we signed players to utilize when the the need arose.

Case in point…signing Feoli-Gudino to compliment Corey Watson when he inevitably went down.

Worked out really fine so far.

Which is why I think so many on here dislike(d) the double tight end set.  They remember it from the past, where the opposition always knew we were going to run when the extra blockers came out. Nothing like a few throws to the fullback to keep them off-balance.

I especially like the tight end set with all the smaller LBer's that seem to be trending with teams.

Yup. Watching beasts like fitzgerald get matched up with a sam in space is pretty entertaining... Even pontibrand would bulldoze thru most me thinks..