Weird stat ...

IC Khari

On a per game basis we've given up 22.8 points per game. For comparison sake of points given up per game:

Calgary: 13

Edmonton: 16.8

BC: 18.4

Sask: 28

Ottawa: 26.6

Montreal: 28.3

Toronto: 28

Hamilton: 23

If you go by pure points against, which doesn't consider points given up on special teams or the offense, the Bombers are 4th best in the league on a per game basis. Five teams are worse than the Bombers. Need to compare apples to apples.

If the other teams play some more 10 - 7 games, our defence is going to look terrible.  

One must also consider:

- 6 new starting QB's with their teams (Burris, Smith, Collaros, Willy, Mitchell, Glenn)

- 4 new Head Coaches with their teams (Higgins, O'Shea, Campbell, Jones)

- Penalty Parties

- 24 new starters in the league 

- Weather (Windy and Rainy in Edmonton and Saskatchewan)

Going to ask that people refrain from posts geared toward individuals .. discuss the merits (or lack thereof) of an idea or topic but some of the responses removed from this thread have no place here. We prefer self moderation and like to give the community a fair bit of latitude when it comes to debate .. Please don't make us reconsider that stance.

If *anyone* has an issue with my removing certain posts from this thread, keep it off the forum and PM me directly.

I love this d and the way they've been playing, sorry if my intent got misunderstood. Not really saying they have a bad D, just interesting that they have allowed so many points with the 4 - 1 record. Of course as mentioned by other posters scoring the most points has helped with the record as well.

I love this d and the way they've been playing, sorry if my intent got misunderstood. Not really saying they have a bad D, just interesting that they have allowed so many points with the 4 - 1 record. Of course as mentioned by other posters scoring the most points has helped with the record as well.

But the point is they haven't allowed a lot.

no, it's not because with any basic logic applied you can see that the numbers are meaningless when some teams have 2 full games less played and more still have 1 full game less played. Totals are meaningless when the number of games played is so uneven. 

You don't understand. Look at the average points given up per game noted a couple times in this thread.

Either way... end of season stats are what matters with Etch. Teams will have lots of film by Labour Day, then we will find out just how good his schemes are... His M.O. has always been a second half slump.

Teams already have lots of film. It's not like he is doing anything here that he hasn't done before in his other stops.