Do you think Cheveldayoff is doing a good job?

Atomic

Do you think Cheveldayoff is doing a good job?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Cheveldayoff is doing a good job?

• Yes
    • No

If the question is our GM doing a good job drafting YES

Is he doing a good job setting the roster with trades and addressing our needs NO !!!

We are basically Atlanta plus our drafts 4 years later...

Until the Jets get a TOP Goalie they Will not Win consistently

And Evander Kane could have and should have been moved for an asset especially if it was a Goalie....

Kane will always be a goal scorer but he will never be a complete player or a team player IMO...

Pavs might not be the solution but he isn't the problem. This team has no heart, no fight and no confidence. This is the type of play that gets Coaches fired (and did). Chevy has two options. Write off the season and hope we get a top three pick. Or make a major trade.

Career average .906 save percentage Pavs is a well below average NHL Starting goalie he would be a solid backup with those numbers as I believe he only plays well when fresh. I think if the Jets had added another goalie that was even just a bit better it would push Pavs and keep him fresh and his stats would go up.

This year he 1st in games played 38th in save percentage .906 even with the Jets stressing Defence this year not nearly good enough.

And so I agree its not all of his fault, maybe Hutchison turn into a goalie that can push Pavs for playing time.l

I would have thought the Jets would have addressed the problem more aggressively well before now...

And getting off to a slow start almost assures that we won't make the playoffs, an article was written last year that showed the odds of making the playoffs if you are not in or very close to a playoff position after 10 games is very low. So the Jets should have traded for a Goalie in the off season to make sure they got off to a Quick start.

Pavs might not be the solution but he isn't the problem. This team has no heart, no fight and no confidence. This is the type of play that gets Coaches fired (and did). Chevy has two options. Write off the season and hope we get a top three pick. Or make a major trade.

Career average .906 save percentage Pavs is a well below average NHL Starting goalie he would be a solid backup with those numbers as I believe he only plays well when fresh. I think if the Jets had added another goalie that was even just a bit better it would push Pavs and keep him fresh and his stats would go up.

This year he 1st in games played 38th in save percentage .906 even with the Jets stressing Defence this year not nearly good enough.

And so I agree its not all of his fault, maybe Hutchison turn into a goalie that can push Pavs for playing time.l

I would have thought the Jets would have addressed the problem more aggressively well before now...

And getting off to a slow start almost assures that we won't make the playoffs, an article was written last year that showed the odds of making the playoffs if you are not in or very close to a playoff position after 10 games is very low. So the Jets should have traded for a Goalie in the off season to make sure they got off to a Quick start.

The problem on The Jets losing streak was they were shut out twice, SJ and Nashville. And in the other 3 couldn't score more than 1 or 2 goals. Can a goalie score goals? Cuz that was the problem earlier on, Heck even in our win vs Colorado yesterday it was Only 2-1. Pav played well, Our team barely beat Carolina who haven't won all year. It's not just the goalie that's been the issue. Cant' score, ain't gonna win. 

Pavs is off to a slow start sure. How much of that is him and how much of that is the entire team has sucked so far this year.

The way they played Colorado is how they have to play. And look, pavs was very good.

Pavs was average...I guess you didn't see the two times he was completely out of the play and was extremely lucky he didn't get scored on both times.

Pavs is not a guy like Hasek or Belfour who back in the day completely carried the team.... he's a guy who can do decently on a good team.     

The problem is that it's not so easy to find a superstar goalie that would be willing to come to the Jets out of the blue....  easier said then done.  

Pavs is off to a slow start sure. How much of that is him and how much of that is the entire team has sucked so far this year.

The way they played Colorado is how they have to play. And look, pavs was very good.

Pav always starts slow(bad) and finishes slow(bad).

But how does he do in the middle?   :)

Pavs is not a guy like Hasek or Belfour who back in the day completely carried the team.... he's a guy who can do decently on a good team.     

The problem is that it's not so easy to find a superstar goalie that would be willing to come to the Jets out of the blue....  easier said then done.  

Agreed it isn't easy however Chevy likes to develop within and I don't see anyone inside the organization that is ready to step up even the high pick ( can't remember his name ) looks to be years away based on his size and stats....

If you look hard enough you will find someone, all we heard in the off season was Chevy saying he had confidence in Pavs and the fact that he had lost lots of weight and was in top shape well losing 2 pounds and playing to his career save percentage isn't getting it done. Yes he plays well enough to win 2/3 games

but we need goalie that can steal a game 1/3 and play well enough to win in all games...

If you look at the Goalie stats your goalie needs to have at least a .910 save percentage to get you into the playoffs and Pavs is a career .906

Those few extra saves here and there make that much of a difference. And Pavs has played more games than any other Goalie ?

There hasn't been a single lost game yet this season where the Jets could have won had Pavs been anything short of brilliant.

Yeah but it sure would be nice if he put up a brilliant performance every now and then. If you want to be a great team, sometimes the goalie has to make the stops that look impossible. I'm not saying every night, but occasionally it would be nice if he stole a game for us. Anyone remember what a shutout looks like? How Pavs never completely shuts the other team down? That would be nice for a change.

^^^^ While that is true, there are far too many people harping on pavs.  If the difference in the game is Pavs sucked, then so be it.  That hasnt happened yet this season.  There has been long stretches where he was hung out to dry.  Everyone expect him to be at peak performance every night...what about Andrew Ladd who finally had a good game.  What about Buff who shows up about half the time?  What about our D that is collectively awful?

And speaking of D, Bogo is hurt again.  Im not one of the people who screamed to move Buff off D who is now screaming to move him back, but it might become a real need.  Bogo just doesnt seem suited be a top pairing D-man.  The problem is, when he played with Trouba last season ie strugged on his off win.  I'd consider going with Enstrom-Trouba but then you leave Bogo with Stuart. 

Why arent we in on Tyler Myres, the giant D-man from Buffalo?

I will say this about Chevy - if the plan is solely to draft well, develop prospects and then watch them come together as a competitive team, then so be it.  Im fine with that.  But then trade out upper-aged players for more prospects and picks.  Whats the point of having a team that is competitive five years from now and either guys like Buff and Ladd are too old to be real forces for us or have long since walked away for nothing?

If you want to shake this team up, get the best possible deal for the two buddies, Buff & Ladd, either separately or together and hand this team to Wheeler, Sheif and Trouba.

Yes, Bogo is a big part of the problem.  A very big part.  And I'm sure many of us have heard the rumours about what was really behind his extended "injury" last year. 

If its what I think, I think its confusing two issues.

I know Bogo exchanged words with some drunk losers at a bar during the lock out.  But the "punch" I heard was two other players...which I think have to remain nameless.  Either way, I've heard lots of really good things about Bogo.  I honestly chalk his poor season last year up to playing off-side and mentoring Trouba.  he improved when he went back to the right side.

Buff going back to D would eat up 30 plus minutes.  I wonder if Trouba would be okay playing the left side.  Go Enstrom-Buff, Trouba-Bogo, Stuart, Postma

I think that sort of speculation gets you in trouble

I think i need some legit proof and not the type of proof that involves i heard from my cousins friends sisters brothers best friend who was at the bar at the same time they were.

Really easy to speculate and BS but... for accusations like that, need legit proof cuz it's pretty much going over the line in my opinion.

From BOGO is a coke head to wheeler punching out kane? Man, i dunno about that at all.. those are pretty bold statements to make with no way of backing it up other than i heard from a friends brothers mothers sisters cousins drunk boyfriends girlfriends best friend. 

People love to make up rumors with zero proof other than "i know for a fact", prove it if you know for a fact then, prove it or shut the hell up really about it right?

But even if true, highly doubt they are..  the bogo the coke had rumor is because people say he has "coke head" eyes.. yup, that's what that rumor is based on, cuz he has coke head eyes... so in other words, i guess its coke heads accusing a guy of being a coke head cuz honestly, wtf are coke head eyes even.

Pushing the line there of decency for sure. 

I think that sort of speculation gets you in trouble

I think i need some legit proof and not the type of proof that involves i heard from my cousins friends sisters brothers best friend who was at the bar at the same time they were.

Really easy to speculate and BS but... for accusations like that, need legit proof cuz it's pretty much going over the line in my opinion.

From BOGO is a coke head to wheeler punching out kane? Man, i dunno about that at all.. those are pretty bold statements to make with no way of backing it up other than i heard from a friends brothers mothers sisters cousins drunk boyfriends girlfriends best friend. 

People love to make up rumors with zero proof other than "i know for a fact", prove it if you know for a fact then, prove it or shut the hell up really about it right?

But even if true, highly doubt they are..  the bogo the coke had rumor is because people say he has "coke head" eyes.. yup, that's what that rumor is based on, cuz he has coke head eyes... so in other words, i guess its coke heads accusing a guy of being a coke head cuz honestly, wtf are coke head eyes even.

Pushing the line there of decency for sure. 

Ive never heard the cokehead rumour at all!  Ive only heard really good things about Bogo within the community.  The "punch" rumour I did hear multiple times from multiple people.  The fact Kane's concussion seemed to have an aura of mystery around it didnt help the rumours.  Bottom line is, Im sure every team has guys who arent buddies on it.  We all work with people we dont like personally.

Lets hope Kane & Wheeler can make beautiful hockey love together.

I don't think it's a big deal since tonnes of players around the league are on drugs, HGH, getting in trouble etc... All I care about is wins..

Obviously that's not all you care about...since you are posting all these rumors that are not about wins!

Its not a rumour if its true.

I don't think it's a big deal since tonnes of players around the league are on drugs, HGH, getting in trouble etc... All I care about is wins..

Obviously that's not all you care about...since you are posting all these rumors that are not about wins!

prove it if it's true.. seriously tho, PROVE IT. 

Also, womanizers? really? who really gives a crap about that, if you truly didn't care like you say you didn't, you wouldn't bring it up

Prove some of it, womanizers? i have friends who are womanizers, man whores, who really gives a crap about this stuff.

It's irrelevant really. The bigger stuff you mention tho, prove it or maybe just stop. Cuz i really don't think you can prove what you are saying and hate to say it man, ain't nobody gonna believe you.