Bellefuile and the Offence

Floyd

If IRC the last functional TE the Bombers may have thrown the ball to regularly was Leo Ezerins.

If memory serves, EZerins began as a tight end but converted to decent linebacker.

Yeah, he was converted to a middle linebacker by Ray Jauch but settled in at outside linebacker where he played the most of his career in Hamilton.

And I still enjoy watching Poplawski torch him in the 1984 Grey Cup - just ran right by him on a crossing pattern and walked into the end zone.

Shows how well my memory serves.  I see Ezerins is listed in the lawsuit filed by Arland Bruce.

Rod Black trivia time.  Nick Arakgi's son Jason is playing with the Lions as a backup LB and on special teams.

This is the kind of useless detail Rod likes to talk about while he ignores the play that's developing on the field.

To be fair, when Rod was blabbing it was semi-relevant as Jason had just broken the BC Lions all time ST tackle record, or something to that effect.

#Bombers OL had Dan Knapp moving to left guard, Cordaro Howard to right tackle. Chris Greaves doing some drills, as O'Shea said he would be

Hopefully this helps - still not sold on Howard and would rather see Knapp at RG and Neufeld moved to LG but, at least, its something...

I would rather see Knapp on the Bench, I haven't decided about Howard yet but to me Knapp is built like a TE and plays Tackle Like a TE Poorly

If IRC the last functional TE the Bombers may have thrown the ball to regularly was Leo Ezerins.

If memory serves, EZerins began as a tight end but converted to decent linebacker.

Yeah, he was converted to a middle linebacker by Ray Jauch but settled in at outside linebacker where he played the most of his career in Hamilton. 

Shows how well my memory serves.  I see Ezerins is listed in the lawsuit filed by Arland Bruce.

Rod Black trivia time.  Nick Arakgi's son Jason is playing with the Lions as a backup LB and on special teams.

This is the kind of useless detail Rod likes to talk about while he ignores the play that's developing on the field.

The irony is that I've read that Leo Ezerins is having concussion issues like Dunigan has had. Ezerins has his own problems. It's like two blind men. The first blind man suing a second blind man because the second refused to help him across the street & the first blind man got hit by a car.

I'd like to see what the percentage of football players with concussion issues is and how functional they are ten years after their careers are over. Something tells me that LB's and running backs would be the worst off, as they do most of the hitting or getting hit, in the head area. QB's to some extent too.

#Bombers OL had Dan Knapp moving to left guard, Cordaro Howard to right tackle. Chris Greaves doing some drills, as O'Shea said he would be

Hopefully this helps - still not sold on Howard and would rather see Knapp at RG and Neufeld moved to LG but, at least, its something...

I would rather see Knapp on the Bench, I haven't decided about Howard yet but to me Knapp is built like a TE and plays Tackle Like a TE Poorly

285 lbs is one hell of a TE.... Knapp is playing cuz of his athleticism... I think he can be a pretty effective player... perhaps he could afford to put a few of the pounds back on that he took off in the winter...

285 lbs is one hell of a TE.... Knapp is playing cuz of his athleticism... I think he can be a pretty effective player... perhaps he could afford to put a few of the pounds back on that he took off in the winter...

My Concern is he is getting pushed back to the QB the past 2 games so he is too light and / or has bad technique.

Even as bad as Boatman was last year at least he didn't get pushed around. I would rather see Javis Jones Play RT

My Concern is he is getting pushed back to the QB the past 2 games so he is too light and / or has bad technique.

Even as bad as Boatman was last year at least he didn't get pushed around. I would rather see Javis Jones Play RT

Please don't compare Knapp to Boatman.

Knapp has had both good and bad games so far.

Boatman was the same except for the part of the good games.

Only comparing the results they have completely different styles but at least players had to go Around Boatman they are going Through Knapp... Knapp can run like no othe Lineman in the CFL but he has to be able to Protect the QB much better than he has been ! It would also be nice if Wiley was at practice during the week.

I'd like to see what the percentage of football players with concussion issues is and how functional they are ten years after their careers are over. Something tells me that LB's and running backs would be the worst off, as they do most of the hitting or getting hit, in the head area. QB's to some extent too.

Linemen get it worse for sheer volume.  Even in "non-contact" practices most of their drills involve contact.

I think that our illustrious offensive line coach would disagree with you!

Only comparing the results they have completely different styles but at least players had to go Around Boatman they are going Through Knapp... Knapp can run like no othe Lineman in the CFL but he has to be able to Protect the QB much better than he has been ! It would also be nice if Wiley was at practice during the week.

Wiley away again working with high school offensive linemen at US camps?  Nice.

Wiley is never away for an entire week...

Wiley is never away for an entire week...

I don't know what his schedule is ( Wiley's ) but I have been to 4 practice over the past 2 weeks and I have yet to seem him ?

It seems to me he is more of consultant that a coach with the trouble the bombers have had the past 2 weeks protecting their most important player it would be nice to haver hiim around that is all I am saying...

Must have really been coaching them up on the sidelines during last game, it really showed on the field and in the confidence and poise Willy showed in the pocket.

So even you thought this post was garbage as you didn't like it?

Its interesting that we've soured on Jarvis Jones so much. I thought he was comparable(although not quite as good) to January last year, and far superior to anything we've seen from the new import tackles this year.

Aside from Running Back & DB, our import recruitment this year has been quite the disappointment IMO.

Its interesting that we've soured on Jarvis Jones so much. I thought he was comparable(although not quite as good) to January last year, and far superior to anything we've seen from the new import tackles this year.

Aside from Running Back & DB, our import recruitment this year has been quite the disappointment IMO.

Yeah, it's weird that Cordaro is getting an extended look, with RT being a problem position and Jarvis showing pretty well there last year.  There's gotta be either some conditioning issues, or something.  I'm not down on Knapp like a few on this board.  Sure he had a bad game last week, but physical freaks are worth looks across the OL, and I think we're doing the right thing trying him inside.  Showed well there in TC, anyways.

But yeah, Jarvis not getting a sniff right now when he solidified a tackle spot for us last year is peculiar.

We will find out this week if Howard is our new Boatman.

Knapp and Howard are back in their regular spots so we won't see Howard at RT this week according to CJOB sports report...

Seriously...?  Smith and Mitchell are going to destroy our right side