Great News for TV viewers: Dunigan doing color Thursday

Dunigan just announced on TSN Big Show that he's flying into Wpg and will be doing color during the Edmonton vs. WInnipeg game Thursday nite at IGF.

I assume this means Gord Miller (who has great chemistry with Mattster) will be doing play by play.

I don't know if the tall foreheads at TSN actually went thru the slog of doing an analysis of Rod Black's work last weekend but if they did they would have seen a guy who basically knows next to nothing about the game and is very willing to expound on it every friggin' play. The alternative hypothesis is TSN executives are dumber than Black (which is hard to believe but entirely within the realm of possibility)

Black was goofing up on virtually every series. Something fierce. His best line "Its a first down or maybe its not?" The guy operates in such an area of uncertainy hip-hopping with arrogance. 

But Matt & G Miller doing the game is a nice reward for loyal viewers. And the 29,000 to 30,500 in the stands? You guys can always PVR the game and watch it later.

Dunigan just announced on TSN Big Show that he's flying into Wpg and will be doing color during the Edmonton vs. WInnipeg game Thursday nite at IGF.

I assume this means Gord Miller (who has great chemistry with Mattster) will be doing play by play.

I don't know if the tall foreheads at TSN actually went thru the slog of doing an analysis of Rod Black's work last weekend but if they did they would have seen a guy who basically knows next to nothing about the game and is very willing to expound on it every friggin' play. The alternative hypothesis is TSN executives are dumber than Black (which is hard to believe but entirely within the realm of possibility)

Black was goofing up on virtually every series. Something fierce. His best line "Its a first down or maybe its not?" The guy operates in such an area of uncertainy hip-hopping with arrogance. 

But Matt & G Miller doing the game is a nice reward for loyal viewers. And the 29,000 to 30,500 in the stands? You guys can always PVR the game and watch it later.

Miller and Matt are TSN's best football duo. IMHO. Black's incompetence is only trumped by his screaming and yelling for a 4 yard gain. I'm a fan of the minamalists, Pat Summerall, Jack Buck, Ray Scott. Let the play tell the story and stop faking excitement.

Pat Summeral play call

" Aikman drops back to pass…….. touchdown"

I like Matt, a lot, he gets excited about the game, and knows what he's talking about.

Best play by play guy for me is US radio network Westwood one person Kevin Harlan. Don't need the video with his game call.

Dunigan and Miller (or whoever) doing the game on Thursday has nothing to do with Rod Black. 

Indeed.

Can't imagine CC and Suitor are missing the Ottawa game, so Black/Forde will be in Calgary Friday night, and likely jet over to Vancouver for the Saturday game.

Love Dunigan on colour, hate Gord Miller on play by play. If Miller would stop the bullshit trying to add his own colour commentary and just stick to play by play he'd be fine but no he's gotta inject his stupid ******* stories. "Hey Matt, who was the strongest arm you remember in the CFL? NO!!!!! You're wrong! It was this guy that I watched back in nineteendickety two!"

Love Dunigan on colour, hate Gord Miller on play by play. If Miller would stop the bullshit trying to add his own colour commentary and just stick to play by play he'd be fine but no he's gotta inject his stupid ******* stories. "Hey Matt, who was the strongest arm you remember in the CFL? NO!!!!! You're wrong! It was this guy that I watched back in nineteendickety two!"

Agree, like Dunigan dislike Miller but its all better than Rod Black.

That is the lowest of the low bars to set...

That is the lowest of the low bars to set...

That conversation was unbelievably & embarrassingly bad. Some awkward moments there. 

On the mic. Matt Dunigan in the 10's = Dandy Don Meredith in the '70s

"Turn out the lights, the party's over".

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/saMUmG4HU1E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I watched MNF not for the game but for Howard & Don. Both were unbelievable characters on air.