Chris Randle

Mike

Just how good is this guy?

Mike O'Shea called him "spectacular" the other day in his media availability. I know he pumps everyone's tires, but spectacular is a rare description for any player.

Then, reading Gary Lawless' article on Kyle Walters this morning, here is what Walters said about Randle:

Chris Randle, if you were to ask me, is the one guy, other than Drew Willy, that is separate from everybody else we brought in, it's Chris Randle. From a leadership and work ethic standpoint he's been great. And he's a helluva football player.

He's been a force on special teams AND on defense so far. I'd go as far as to say he's been the best corner in the CFL this year. 4 tackles, 2 pass knockdowns and an interception in 3 games is phenomenal. I'd love to see someone pick apart the film and see just how often quarterbacks are trying to throw at him because from what I've seen, it's rare and I don't blame them. I don't know if he'll get any media love as a CFL all star by the end of the season, because I think teams are going to quickly learn that you just shouldn't throw at him. Big difference from the Jovon Johnson era where he made a lot of big plays ... for both teams.

The biggest thing about Chris Randle is he won't show up much on the stats sheet cuz QBs will learn not to throw at him.... if the voters are dumb enough to only consider stats when all-star voting comes around, he might not get much attention... 

I think Media has started to turn a bit, and more and more stories and headlines are "poached" off of these message boards?

Randle keeps playing like he does, and the fans that know will pump his tires, and the media should see that soon enough. 

Ryan Phillips was an all-star last year with 36 tackles and 2 interceptions (lowest since 2008)

That comes despite guys like Dwight Anderson and Jerald Brown having 5 INT's.

Korey Banks was an all-star in 2011 and 2012 even though he only had 2 INT's combined.

I said Randle was a great pickup when we got him and I stand by that assessment.  He's the shutdown corner everyone talks about and he's playing great on special teams.  Nothing more you can ask for really.  If he stays healthy, he'll be an all star this year.

Just how good is this guy?

Mike O'Shea called him "spectacular" the other day in his media availability. I know he pumps everyone's tires, but spectacular is a rare description for any player.

Then, reading Gary Lawless' article on Kyle Walters this morning, here is what Walters said about Randle:

Chris Randle, if you were to ask me, is the one guy, other than Drew Willy, that is separate from everybody else we brought in, it's Chris Randle. From a leadership and work ethic standpoint he's been great. And he's a helluva football player.

He's been a force on special teams AND on defense so far. I'd go as far as to say he's been the best corner in the CFL this year. 4 tackles, 2 pass knockdowns and an interception in 3 games is phenomenal. I'd love to see someone pick apart the film and see just how often quarterbacks are trying to throw at him because from what I've seen, it's rare and I don't blame them. I don't know if he'll get any media love as a CFL all star by the end of the season, because I think teams are going to quickly learn that you just shouldn't throw at him. Big difference from the Jovon Johnson era where he made a lot of big plays ... for both teams.

I hope we can find someone like him to fill the other corner spot (whether it's an international or not)

I just can't figure out why the stamps would let the guy go like that... yeah they're a deep team but the way he's played he would make any team better.

$125,000.

If that's what he is making ... worth it.

I just can't figure out why the stamps would let the guy go like that... yeah they're a deep team but the way he's played he would make any team better.

They've got a lot of players making a lot of money.  Just can't afford to pay for stars at every position.

I think Media has started to turn a bit, and more and more stories and headlines are "poached" off of these message boards?

Randle keeps playing like he does, and the fans that know will pump his tires, and the media should see that soon enough. 

We just have to get the name "Randle Island" out there.  Once the media gets a whiff of it Rod Black will think it's clever and use it over and over.  And over and over.  Then he'll beat it to death.  Then he'll exhume the corpse and parade it around with sparklers and pinwheels.

Then he'll spend 3 quarters of a game talking about Nic Moore's tattoos.

Then he'll marvel at Paris Cotton's name for 3 weeks.  Cause one is a city, and the other is a ... substance?, and yet they are combined to represent A HUMAN!!!  THE CFL HAS HAD SOME GREAT NAMES!!!

(please oh please, no one actually start calling him Randle Island)