Bombers release RB Will Ford

CFL Official Feed ‏@CFL 1m

OFFICIAL: @SSKRoughriders sign Will Ford to practice roster. Details to come. #CFL

That's a bit of a shock, if he was willing to sit on the practice roster why didn't we keep him here?

He's willing to sit on the practice roster because he got upfront money.

And with as insane as Chamblin is being with runningbacks over there he probably figures he's got a chance to get on the roster sooner or later. 

I want Will Ford back .... I didn't see Grigsby do anything special  ... not everybody is a Charles Roberts but the feature running back needs to be a play-maker ,,, getting a couple of first downs without the o-line making a hole for him  .... carrying the game on his back ... Grigsby is very very average

Since Ford is gone lets put the Cotton to the test

Great improvement on the o-line ... we got pass protection ... next we work on running schemes

Will Ford :

117 yards rushing

Finding holes  & breaking tackles

Excellent pass & catch .... easily executed

good blocking

And oh ... 3 TD's

I don't know who made the decision to cut Ford but lets just call it the mistake that it is

At least we make decisions  and I like that  ( just hate this one)

Well lets back the decision by starting Cotton next game

Will Ford had one good game behind a very strong OL against a piss poor D. Good for him. Not calling it a mistake to cut him.

yes good o-line and grandma could have picked up 50 yards behind them ... but the other 67 was Will Ford ... finds holes, breaks tackles, gets in the right position to catch passes, makes blocks ... doing all that better than Grigsby

Management never gave a proven veteran (and an all star) a chance and that was a mistake .... still feels like they are cleaning house from last year .... Will Ford did not play himself off our team

Has everyone forgotten how Grigsby (who I'm not advocating for with this comment, just making a point) performed against Toronto in week one? I'd really like to believe our fans aren't this stupid. Look at the stats and how Toronto ranks against the run. After that, take into account the talent of the Saskatchewan line. Take a pill and relax.

Running backs are easy to find, they say.  Let's hope we find & bring in some NFL cuts in the next month.

Then why is Taman having so much trouble replacing Sheets .... who has Montreal come up with ... what has Ottawa done?

Why did Buono bring back the Logan retread ... not so easy, really, is it in actual practice? 

Running backs are easy to find, they say.  Let's hope we find & bring in some NFL cuts in the next month.

Then why is Taman having so much trouble replacing Sheets .... who has Montreal come up with ... what has Ottawa done?

Why did Buono bring back the Logan retread ... not so easy, really, is it in actual practice? 

Taman is having trouble replacing Sheets because...well because he is Taman. He is not the type of GM that is adept at uncovering talent quickly.

Montreal? Didn't realize they were looking with Whitaker still there.

Ottawa chose Chevon Walker in the expansion draft and he is playing excellent ball for them.

I fail to see any of the points you are trying to make.

The fact of the matter is that the RB position is a revolving door and most teams have very little problem finding new ones.

Has everyone forgotten how Grigsby (who I'm not advocating for with this comment, just making a point) performed against Toronto in week one? I'd really like to believe our fans aren't this stupid. Look at the stats and how Toronto ranks against the run. After that, take into account the talent of the Saskatchewan line. Take a pill and relax.

QFT. Toronto is a hot mess right now on defence.

Tim Burke's career on a spiral downward... But it's  the players fault.  We need to realize that & cut Burkey some slack. ;)

Tim Burke's career on a spiral downward... But it's the players fault. We need to realize that & cut Burkey some slack. ;)

He didn't even want the job ;)

Tim Burke's career on a spiral downward... But it's  the players fault.  We need to realize that & cut Burkey some slack. ;)

No we don't...you do it!

Calling Logan a retread is pretty outlandish. The guy was an amazing running back before he left for the NFL. He is anything but a retread. Wally would have had to be an idiot not to sign him.

Logan is a very average running back who like most has the occassional bright spot ... he is on the downside of his career and not nearly anything like he once was

He is not capable of carrying the team on his back like harris can and neither is he a dominating player like Cornish

He gives the Lions an alternate look ...  not much more at least not that I have seen last year or this ... just the odd nice play that any decent back wil give

Tim Burke's career on a spiral downward... But it's the players fault. We need to realize that & cut Burkey some slack. ;)

I know. But somebody had to do it. ;)

Calling Logan a retread is pretty outlandish. The guy was an amazing running back before he left for the NFL. He is anything but a retread. Wally would have had to be an idiot not to sign him.

Logan is a very average running back who like most has the occassional bright spot ... he is on the downside of his career and not nearly anything like he once was

He is not capable of carrying the team on his back like harris can and neither is he a dominating player like Cornish

He gives the Lions an alternate look ...  not much more at least not that I have seen last year or this ... just the odd nice play that any decent back wil give

Harris is the main back. Having Logan there to spot him means another player that could help them sits on the bench. I don't get the need to platoon Harris & Logan. 

Taman is having trouble replacing Sheets because...well because he is Taman. He is not the type of GM that is adept at uncovering talent quickly.

Montreal? Didn't realize they were looking with Whitaker still there.

Ottawa chose Chevon Walker in the expansion draft and he is playing excellent ball for them.

I fail to see any of the points you are trying to make.

The fact of the matter is that the RB position is a revolving door and most teams have very little problem finding new ones.

The fact that there is a revolving door as you say speaks to the problem ... A dominating back  Like Cornish, Andrew Harris and Charles Roberts is a real find and they don't grow on trees even in the great American south .... if they were Ottawa might have somebody pushing Chevron Walker .... Montreal could have replaced Whitaker last year with a back who would be challenging him this year ... why not ? ... are we excited about the replacement backs in Calgary and Toronto? All pretty average and ho-hum making their share of a few good plays ... but no real game changers. Finding really good running backs is anything but easy!

Will Ford was a good back that did most things well including blocking and catching flat passes ... Grigsby has nothing on him ... Ford's only problem was he was part of last year's regime and we are changing all that .... Ford wasn't going to be a super star but he would have made a bigger difference than Grigsby who hasn't been very good at finding holes, taking it outside or busting tackles

We have never really replaced Charles Roberts ... Fred Reid was just another average back and so has everyone we have had since

Maybe Cotton has something to show us ... then cutting Ford won't seem like such a big mistake ... Ford provided what we need now and would certainly have been good depth for no running back plays at full strength all 18 games anymore or perhaps ever

If we are happy with average backs then replacing them is easy but a difference maker not so much