Bombers extend Thomas & Sherman

Sherman is really impressing me with his increased role this season. Count me as someone eating a bit of crow as I never thought he would even be on the team in 2014 if you had asked me a couple of seasons ago.

He has stepped up when we needed our guys (especially role-filling Canadians) to step up. Great job.

Thomas has impressed with his increased role this season and clearly the Bombers coaching staff are high on Teague Sherman. 

Our Canadian depth is all of a sudden starting to look not too shabby. 

Well, the depth is still pretty shabby.  The talent level should not have been as maligned as it was.  Depth - Thomas is not allowed to get injured this season, and if Swiston isn't healthy by the end of the week....well it's getting pretty bare bones on our roster.

Love the extensions, and am assuming that part of adding one year includes a small pay raise for this year.  These guys are earning it.

Thomas has impressed with his increased role this season and clearly the Bombers coaching staff are high on Teague Sherman. 

Well, the depth is still pretty shabby.  The talent level should not have been as maligned as it was.  Depth - Thomas is not allowed to get injured this season, and if Swiston isn't healthy by the end of the week....well it's getting pretty bare bones on our roster.

Love the extensions, and am assuming that part of adding one year includes a small pay raise for this year.  These guys are earning it.

I agree that we need more DL depth. I hope that one of Mulumba or Bilikudi is coming our way in the near future. Also - we do have a few other National OL on the roster, but that being said, it will be a sad day if we have to use them. Gord Hinse is the only one I see being able to step in and actually play, given his prior experience.

I agree that we need more DL depth. I hope that one of Mulumba or Bilikudi is coming our way in the near future. Also - we do have a few other National OL on the roster, but that being said, it will be a sad day if we have to use them. Gord Hinse is the only one I see being able to step in and actually play, given his prior experience.

Quinn Everett could turn out to be a very good Canadian OL but he's in his developmental stage right now. 

For the here and now, Hinse is on the 6 game IR.  I don't know if that's just a place to stash him or if he's really a month away from being fit.  Either way, Greaves is still out for the Montreal game.  Swiston, Everett, or we're DI-ing an Olineman.

I suspect Swiston is healthy enough to go already, and the only question the Bombers are deciding this week is who starts at guard and who is the 6th between him and Goossen.

Yes, the depth needs work.....but domestic development, appears to have taken a quantium leap...... by actually have a competent coaching staff.

Not sure that everybody has grasped just how bad.... last years coaching group was, from top to bottom.

I can't remember...

940-burke-bombers.jpg

Hey it's not his fault, he didn't have any talent to work with, he didn't even want the job anyway but someone had to do it. 

For the here and now, Hinse is on the 6 game IR.  I don't know if that's just a place to stash him or if he's really a month away from being fit.  

I can't see them putting him on the 6 game IR if he isn't injured. With the rule changes that a player can't practice until 2 weeks before he comes off, it would be like giving a guy a 4 week paid vacation.

I believe in the post game show Bob was talking about Thomas and he had asked him earlier in the week what was different this year than the first two in his improved play. Thomas said this year he finally got everything was able to understand the defense and all his responsibilities and the people around him. Could go out and react instead of overthinking all the time.  Just shows that sometimes that these guys coming in need a year or two soak in all that professional football brings to the table compared to college.

I believe in the post game show Bob was talking about Thomas and he had asked him earlier in the week what was different this year than the first two in his improved play. Thomas said this year he finally got everything was able to understand the defense and all his responsibilities and the people around him. Could go out and react instead of overthinking all the time.  Just shows that sometimes that these guys coming in need a year or two soak in all that professional football brings to the table compared to college.

So in other words - "this year we are actually being coached".