Which Coach gets an early paid Vacation?

Which Coach gets an early paid vacation?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think gets fired first?

• Mike Benevides
    • Chris Jones
    • Kent Austin
    • Scott Milanovich
    • Tom Higgins
    • Nobody

Way too early to say.  Benevides is probably safe as Wally would  become the puppeteer if things get rough. Glenn has had some serious problems running that offence. I would wait until after the Labour day Classics to consider where things are shaky.

Lapo will have a job as an OC (and pending HC a la Tim Burke) by mid-season if he wants it... either in Ham or BC

I can't see Austin getting fired anytime soon especially not mid-season. It's one thing to replace a HC like that but the GM and HC... I don't think so. 

I picked Benevides as Montreal's owner just hired Higgins so he isn't going anywhere. But I agree that I don't  think anyone will get canned this year. But wouldn't it be something if Milanovich got canned and Burke took over in Toronto. Oh would this board have fun then :)

Austin is on the clock IMO.

You make a decision like cutting Burris and bringing in Collaros, you're staking your job to Collaros or one of the young QB's being able to lead your team to at least 2nd place in the East.  Personally, I liked that move, but their offence in the first two games is forcing Collaros into playing from weakness simply standing in the pocket.  The offence they are running does not fit his strengths, so now that move looks kind of odd.  Why bring in a pretty specific type of scrambling QB and then develop an offence that's the opposite?  

If they don't host a playoff game this year, he's toast.

Benevides would be my guess but i don't think anyone. I could see hamiltons Oline coach, i could even see Khari being canned, regardless of how poor glenn has played, BC's offence looks awful so far, dinwiddie could be but doubt he is fired, just demoted. 

Hamilton has bigger problems than Austin right now. Collaros getting racked up and stadium behind schedule being the two primary ones. Austin should survive so long as he can cobble together a 9-9 record.

I agree with prior posters that Benevides is immune unless the Lions go 0-4 and look more morose than they already do. 0-5 for sure.

Wally will step in as Braley won't tolerate firing a head coach with 2 or 3 years of money left on his deal.

Could see Wally pulling a double-switch. Relieving Benevides and also Khari Jones - bringing in Plop as OC with the promise of being head coach next season.

Plop is far more competent than guys like Marshall, Burke, Berry, etc. Only problem is if Lulay's arm has really fallen off, Kevin Glenn got old overnite and the Lions don't have much in the bullpen then it really doesn't matter who's coaching or GM. They gonna lose a lot of games. If Plop is assured Lulay is ready to go, then its an easy decision for him to leave TSN to take the job. 

Right now, he's the best up 'n coming football broadcaster at TSN so he'd have to strike a cool deal with a CFL team to return to battle.

I agree with prior posters that Benevides is immune unless the Lions go 0-4 and look more morose than they already do. 0-5 for sure.

Wally will step in as Braley won't tolerate firing a head coach with 2 or 3 years of money left on his deal.

Or 0-6, or 1-7. Nobody comes back from that. Everybody knows it. Especially Wally.

Or 0-6, or 1-7. Nobody comes back from that. Everybody knows it. Especially Wally.

Just wondering Nate but if Braley won't tolerate firing a HC with mult years left on his contract, then what is in it then for Wally to step into? He signed Benevides so he totally effed up. It's on Wally. 

Just wondering Nate but if Braley won't tolerate firing a HC with mult years left on his contract, then what is in it then for Wally to step into? He signed Benevides so he totally effed up. It's on Wally. 

How does anyone know whether Braley would tolerate that or not. He's been described as a hands off owner by Buono in the past iirc.