Calgary vs BC

Brandon

Nik Lewis is massive...  I'll be amazed if he lasts the year that belly is huge.  

Lulay is done... half the time they panned the camera to him he was rubbing his shoulder.   Glenn will be the guy for this year and maybe next....

Benavides is one angry fat guy...so angry I'm guessing he has a heart attack this year. 

Chris Shultz is still a moron in regards to suggesting that Andrew Harris might get cut.  

Nik Lewis is massive...  I'll be amazed if he lasts the year that belly is huge.  

Lulay is done... half the time they panned the camera to him he was rubbing his shoulder.   Glenn will be the guy for this year and maybe next....

Benavides is one angry fat guy...so angry I'm guessing he has a heart attack this year. 

Chris Shultz is still a moron in regards to suggesting that Andrew Harris might get cut.  

Probably can still run circles around some guys... the man is a ******* athlete

Nik Lewis is massive... I'll be amazed if he lasts the year that belly is huge.

Lulay is done... half the time they panned the camera to him he was rubbing his shoulder. Glenn will be the guy for this year and maybe next....

Probably can still run circles around some guys... the man is a ******* athlete

...in the mould of Prince Fielder....

Benevides has put on a lot of weight. He has a ways to go to catch Bob Wylie..

Now I wish we had traded for Glenn... between Montreal and BC we would have been a lock for the playoffs.

This is rational strategic thinking. The Bombers would have improved their playoff chances dramatically if they would have "deprived" BC of Kevin Glenn's services.  With Glenn as their "permanent" backup BC will cruise into the playoffs even if Lulay does not contribute this year.   The Bombers will have to pray for weaker teams to fall but that at best is a long shot this year.

Now I wish we had traded for Glenn... between Montreal and BC we would have been a lock for the playoffs.

This is rational strategic thinking. The Bombers would have improved their playoff chances dramatically if they would have "deprived" BC of Kevin Glenn's services.  With Glenn as their "permanent" backup BC will cruise into the playoffs even if Lulay does not contribute this year.   The Bombers will have to pray for weaker teams to fall but that at best is a long shot this year.

Then they deprive our Willy of valuable playing time.  Lets get the ball rolling on a real Q.B. not a stop gap that gets us into the playoffs (maybe) only to falter when the chips are down.

#wedeservearealstarternow.

It all comes down to cost/benefit ratio. Had we picked up Glenn, we may have had a shot at the playoffs, but realistically, there is still a significant lack of talent here and some big question marks about the O-line. If we had paid a long dollar for Glenn and had him get knocked out in the second game, we would be really upset. The chances of the Bombers making the playoffs this year is less than 50% and we are probably playing for Glenn would be a band-aid fix at best for a steep price.

Glenn is 33 but his contract is cap friendly s it is incentive drive The more starts he makes, the more $$ he is paid. He'd have been a good addition cap wise. He'd have helped us but your comments about our OL are valid. Thing is, football is a violent game. You can or can't sign players based on potential injuries that may never occur. A GM has to sign players based on what he thinks fills a teem roster need today & hope for the best when it comes to injuries

I'd rather have Willy and the first round pick over Glenn....  it just wouldn't of made sense to give up that pick just to get him.      Long term we are better off with two guys who can hopefully play for us in the next 5 seasons.

For BC it was a no brainer...  Lulay is done and Glenn will buy them at least two more seasons. 

I'd rather have Willy and the first round pick over Glenn....  it just wouldn't of made sense to give up that pick just to get him.      Long term we are better off with two guys who can hopefully play for us in the next 5 seasons.

For BC it was a no brainer...  Lulay is done and Glenn will buy them at least two more seasons. 

Not saying Glenn had to play in front of Willy in order to deprive BC of his services, backup would have be fine and that would have given the Bombers a much stronger QB tandem than they have now.  Bombers had months to work a deal before the draft but were obviously not negotiating with Ottawa. 

In hind sight could have offered Watson or Pencer, Renaud and any number of replaceable starting imports they planned to cut anyway.  No one can say what it would have taken to get Glenn out of Ottawa prior to the draft but the result could have been Joey Elliot taking snaps for the Lions yesterday in place of Kevin Glenn.

Not saying Glenn had to play in front of Willy in order to deprive BC of his services, backup would have be fine and that would have given the Bombers a much stronger QB tandem than they have now.  Bombers had months to work a deal before the draft but were obviously not negotiating with Ottawa. 

In hind sight could have offered Watson or Pencer, Renaud and any number of replaceable starting imports they planned to cut anyway.  No one can say what it would have taken to get Glenn out of Ottawa prior to the draft but the result could have been Joey Elliot taking snaps for the Lions yesterday in place of Kevin Glenn.

Pretty safe to say the cost was a first round pick, what they asked for from the beginning and what the cost ended up being.

Not sure why it is always assumed you can dump your cuts on someone else for a player or other considerations with value.