Some interesting even encouraging game stats ...

IC Khari

- Willy passed for more yards than Tate (28) and Mitchell (76) combined 172, although to be fair, he had a bit more playing time. It would have been more except for about three or four glaring drops. 

- Cotton ran for more yards than Cornish 58 to 52

- Denmark and Johnson had more yards than the top two Calgary receivers

- Renaud out punted Maver 49.3 to 39.8

- Our FG kickers were 4/4 combined compared to Calgary's 3/4

- We still lost, but when was the last time we led in any of these categories against the Stamps in Calgary? 

Jury's out on the defense. I'll give them 4 or 5 games before I start calling for Etch's head. Reason to be optimistic BUT.... when the Stamps #1 team played our #1 team I think they dominated so we'll see. If so, doesn't bode well. But it's a long 18 game season. Lots can happen.

We won the time of possession battle (35 and change to 24 and change), we only took 3 penalties, we had nearly 300 passing yards, we won the yardage battle overall, we broke 100 yards rushing and we lost on a last second field goal.

On top of that, can someone point out a blatant mistake made by anyone who is actually going to see major playing time?

I saw big mistakes by Kemp, Howard, Barnes and Peterson.

I saw lots to be positive about and lots worth being optimistic about. I saw bad things too and there are still questions but it's comical that people are reacting as if this was 52-0 all over again.

We won the time of possession battle (35 and change to 24 and change), we only took 3 penalties, we had nearly 300 passing yards, we won the yardage battle overall, we broke 100 yards rushing and we lost on a last second field goal.

On top of that, can someone point out a blatant mistake made by anyone who is actually going to see major playing time?

I saw lots to be positive about and lots worth being optimistic about. I saw bad things too and there are still questions but it's comical that people are reacting as if this was 52-0 all over again.

The one thing that worries me about our starters is the starting OL giving up 3 sacks in the first half. That's not good.

The one thing that worries me about our starters is the starting OL giving up 3 sacks in the first half. That's not good.

A new OL takes a few weeks to gel. Wylie will hopefully speed up that process. I'm quite optimistic about the OL this season.

Denmark also dropped a catchable ball in the end zone.