The TV Thread

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Dont they have a "year" that runs to a certain point?  ie. Vincent and Stanton would be included next year.

Usually if someone just died they'll mention it afterwards and not following year.

There seems to be a line though that if you've never won the award you wont be in the memoriam.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Dont they have a "year" that runs to a certain point?  ie. Vincent and Stanton would be included next year.

Probably but the oscars had an excuse to not include Bill Paxton because it happened hours before showtime but Jennifer Aniston honored him verbally

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Really enjoyed the Emmy's last night. Nice to see some "broadcast" network shows pick up wins. SNL had a great season, and was rewarded. This Is Us, while probably over-hyped, is a quality show and was rewarded. Colbert did a solid job, as well. Very excited for the start of the 17/18 broadacst TV season!

I agree with you 100%, SNL had it's best season in a long time and Handmaid's Tale's wins were so deserved, (still I wonder why the cameras didn't pan to Margaret Atwood whenever a winner thanked her....maybe they were saving her appearance as a surprise or something, also I have a feeling that Air Farce will spoof it when they do their NYE special)

Colbert was pretty entertaining, and I loved the digs that Baldwin and the cast of 9to5 did towards Trump...brilliant

5 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I agree with you 100%, SNL had it's best season in a long time and Handmaid's Tale's wins were so deserved, (still I wonder why the cameras didn't pan to Margaret Atwood whenever a winner thanked her....maybe they were saving her appearance as a surprise or something, also I have a feeling that Air Farce will spoof it when they do their NYE special)

Well she did show up on stage at the end.

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

Colbert was pretty entertaining, and I loved the digs that Baldwin and the cast of 9to5 did towards Trump...brilliant

I let the girlfriend convince me to watch this show and... wow.  only into episode 6 and its so.. creepily crazy.

now I don't really feel that This is Us was robbed because at least one of the actors won, Sterling K Brown getting an Emmy two years in a row for two different roles, what are the odds? I mean when I read about it I was thinking "huh? but this is Us wasn't on last year" then I realized "Oh wait he was Chris Darden in Crime Story"

anyway This is Us will get nominated again, it'll be sticking around for awhile yet (except next year Game of Thrones will be in the way and Handmaid's has a second season coming....yeah they keep saying something is a limited event until the view numbers come in, I mean imagine if that happened with Roots (1977)) depending on if the show ends up in a Sophomore slump....why do I have a feeling that people are going to stop tuning in once they find out how Jack died

8 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Seth clearly thinks highly of himself.  He will tell a joke and then has to stop and talk about it.  Really bad.  Beats the joke into the ground.

I am confused by their setting though.  Seth said all the right things about being a Star Trek homage and telling an optimistic view of the future etc.  But it really comes across like a modern (or ten year old) sitcom transplanted to a space ship, complete with words and gags that have no meaning unless you live right now (or recently). 

you know Seth presented at the Emmys last night, and he did it in his "voices"

This article came out after the shooting g of a location manager for the 4th season of Narcos. 

Sounds to me like Pablo’s brother is implying he had the shooting done because they aren’t getting the money they’ve demanded from Netflix. 

http://globalnews.ca/news/3755184/pablo-escobars-brother-narcos-should-provide-hitmen/

When asked if it’s too dangerous for Hollywood to use Mexico, or the Narcos‘ former location, Colombia as shooting locations, Gaviria said that if the project is about him or his brother, they should seek out his permission first.

“I don’t want Netflix or any other film production company to film any movies in Medellin or Colombia that relates to me or my brother Pablo without authorization from Escobar Inc.,” he said. “It is very dangerous. Especially without our blessing. This is my country.”

Gaviria continued, “You see, we own all the trademarks to all of our names and also for the Narcos brand. I don’t play around with these people in Silicon Valley. They have their phones and nice products. But they don’t know life and would never dare to survive in the jungle of Medellin or Colombia. I have done that. Their mothers should have left them in the womb. That is what we tell people like this if they come to Colombia.”

Gaviria is currently demanding $1 billion from Netflix, with claims that the show wasn’t authorized to use his brother’s likeness and story. He founded Escobar Inc., one year before Narcos premiered and filed for “successor-in-interest-rights” for his brother in the state of California.

Gaviria revealed that he and his attorneys are “in discussions” with a “scared” Netflix to meet his demand. If the streaming platform fails to meet his demands, Gaviria said “we will close their little show.”

Crazy. 

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

I got bluesky. Its pretty sweet and very new in Winnipeg. Id recommend it. 

Do you have to buy it or is it a rental or freebie provided by SHAW?

EDIT: This is the PVR for using the whole home set up right, where there are hubs at other TV's and you can access the main PVR from all TV's?  I only use one TV so it doesnt seem worth it...

Edited by The Unknown Poster

11 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Do you have to buy it or is it a rental or freebie provided by SHAW?

EDIT: This is the PVR for using the whole home set up right, where there are hubs at other TV's and you can access the main PVR from all TV's?  I only use one TV so it doesnt seem worth it...

There's the Gateway(?) and now this.