The TV Thread

Solid 2 hour premiere for Saul last night...going to be a great final season! 

Anyone watching "Winning Time" on Crave? John C Reilly is great as Dr Jerry Buss, who built the Lakers and the LA Forum as a marquee destination in the early 80s. Really enjoying it so far...

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Solid 2 hour premiere for Saul last night...going to be a great final season! 

Anyone watching "Winning Time" on Crave? John C Reilly is great as Dr Jerry Buss, who built the Lakers and the LA Forum as a marquee destination in the early 80s. Really enjoying it so far...

Winning Time is one of my favourite shows to come out in a long time. I agree John C Reilly is so good. Jason Segal and Adrian Brody are also very good.

25 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Winning Time is one of my favourite shows to come out in a long time. I agree John C Reilly is so good. Jason Segal and Adrian Brody are also very good.

Yes! I'm a huge Apatow-Universe fanboi, so Segel is one of my guys for sure, and he's a big basketball guy, so he fits this role well. Brody is great in anything. I was reading some pans of the show, and was disappointed that the critics apparently hate it. Read a take from Kareem today (he's 75 but still very active online) who called it boring.... Really hates it. 

https://tvline.com/2022/04/19/the-goldbergs-renewed-season-10-abc-jeff-garlin-murray/

again the next season needs to be the last

another blow to Hallmark

https://tvline.com/2022/04/19/candace-cameron-bure-leaving-hallmark-channel-gac-family-christmas-movies/

This would be bad news for my mom she loves these movies (they can always recast her)

https://tvline.com/2022/04/19/aurora-teagarden-mysteries-cancelled-candace-cameron-leaving-hallmark/

Edited by iHeart

Just now, Tracker said:

Apparently when Giuliani was unmasked, two or three of the judges stood up and left.

eh to be honest, I'm glad we got a heads up two months ago, I would be mad then instead of right now, I mean when Palin was unmasked I was livid I was screaming at my tv (the Build a bear deserved a way better celebrity than her)

and yeah I don't blame Ken for being upset, Robin walked off too because he needed to see if Ken was alright

50 minutes ago, iHeart said:

eh to be honest, I'm glad we got a heads up two months ago, I would be mad then instead of right now, I mean when Palin was unmasked I was livid I was screaming at my tv (the Build a bear deserved a way better celebrity than her)

and yeah I don't blame Ken for being upset, Robin walked off too because he needed to see if Ken was alright

Giuliani is a loathsome excuse for a human being.

Jared Padalecki 'Lucky To Be Alive' After 'Very Bad' Car Accident, Says Jensen Ackles

“Supernatural” alum Jared Padalecki is “recovering” after a car accident his friend and co-star Jensen Ackles revealed at a fan event for the CW series on Sunday.

Ackles, who played the actor’s on-screen brother for over a decade, appeared solo at Creation Entertainment’s “Supernatural” Official Conventions and immediately addressed why Padalecki wasn’t in attendance.

“I miss my buddy. He sends his love. I spoke with him yesterday and he’s sad he can’t be here,” Ackles told the crowd, as shown in video footage from the convention, before explaining that Padalecki had approved of him publicly sharing details about his condition.

“He was in a very bad car accident,” he continued, which drew concerned gasps from the audience. “He wasn’t driving, he was in the passenger seat, and he’s lucky to be alive.”

“And not only that,” Ackles added. “But he’s at home recovering, which — the fact that he’s not in a hospital right now is blowing my mind because I saw the car.”

friendly reminder that in a week or so this thread is going to be busy with renewal/cancellation news

https://deadline.com/2022/04/the-conners-cast-new-deals-season-5-renewal-sara-gilbert-john-goodman-laurie-metcalf-and-lecy-goranson-1235012744/

I guess the Ruby Rose controversy kind of hurt the show

https://tvline.com/2022/04/29/batwoman-cancelled-no-season-4-cw/

Maybe the next season of the flash should be it's last (actually the CW is for sale I imagine there will be more casualties to come, I'll be sad if Whose Line is among them)

https://tvline.com/2022/04/29/legends-of-tomorrow-cancelled-season-8-cw/

Edited by iHeart

Watching Star Trek: Picard. There are more holes in the plot than a homeless guy's underwear. Like WTF???? The Borg assimilated species because they were lonely? Rios contaminates the timeline by falling in love with a woman in the 21st century. Q is dying but we never see him. Brent Spiner plays another Soong. Why?? Adam Soong & the question is why is he even there? His daughter who is an android has disappeared. Seven is now Borg again. They keep exploring Picard's memories of his mother's suicide to the point of it being painful. One episode was enough, PLEASE!!! They killed off Elrod who was maybe the most interesting character in Episode 1 only to bring him back as a security hologram with memories of before he died. Agnes Jurati now the new Borg Queen leaves them all stranded by stealing their ship. And Picard's response? "Let's go!! We have wotk to do!!" The timeline is totally effed as they've made so many mistakes. He should have said, "Let's go!! We have one more episode to fix this total ****!!"

The writing has been terrible, the plot all over the place & the dialogue just horrible. Which is why I hate season long arcs. Episodic is the way to go. Story begins & ends in one hour. That's why I have much higher hopes for Star Trek: Strange New Worlds as it'll be episodic.

18 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Watching Star Trek: Picard. There are more holes in the plot than a homeless guy's underwear. Like WTF???? The Borg assimilated species because they were lonely? Rios contaminates the timeline by falling in love with a woman in the 21st century. Q is dying but we never see him. Brent Spiner plays another Soong. Why?? Adam Soong & the question is why is he even there? His daughter who is an android has disappeared. Seven is now Borg again. They keep exploring Picard's memories of his mother's suicide to the point of it being painful. One episode was enough, PLEASE!!! They killed off Elrod who was maybe the most interesting character in Episode 1 only to bring him back as a security hologram with memories of before he died. Agnes Jurati now the new Borg Queen leaves them all stranded by stealing their ship. And Picard's response? "Let's go!! We have wotk to do!!" The timeline is totally effed as they've made so many mistakes. He should have said, "Let's go!! We have one more episode to fix this total ****!!"

The writing has been terrible, the plot all over the place & the dialogue just horrible. Which is why I hate season long arcs. Episodic is the way to go. Story begins & ends in one hour. That's why I have much higher hopes for Star Trek: Strange New Worlds as it'll be episodic.

Picard is the worst Trek show ever and it doesnt help that PS feels like he's 90 like his character. Ageism yes but it is what it is.

They've pretty much spoiled who the Queen is from ep1 now. We will never see Jurati in that red dress again. It was the breast!

If it wasnt bad enuf that great-great-great grandpa Soong looks like Soong from Picard S1 we also have Data's daughter Dahj/Soji looking exactly like great-great-great grandpa Soong's daughter. 

Still its better then S1 and they killed Picard in season 1!!!

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

13 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Picard is the worst Trek show ever and it doesnt help that PS feels like he's 90 like his character. Ageism yes but it is what it is.

They've pretty much spoiled who the Queen is from ep1 now. We will never see Jurati in that red dress again. It was the breast!

If it wasnt bad enuf that great-great-great grandpa Soong looks like Soong from Picard S1 we also have Data's daughter Dahj/Soji looking exactly like great-great-great grandpa Soong's daughter. 

Still its better then S1 and they killed Picard in season 1!!!

Season 1 Picard was better than this.