The TV Thread

being quarantined in my basement this week, I had a chance to watch a pile of streaming stuff. I've just crushed through Vice Principals, Righteous Gemstones and Barry on Crave. Fantastic stuff, the lot of 'em, if anyone is looking for recommendations. Also, if you haven't seen the Peacock/Showcase MacGruber series yet, it's a worthy successor to the movie. Have started watching the new dramatic take on Will Smith's Fresh Prince Of Bel Air and it's kind of interesting. It's basically The OC for people of colour. Really interesting twist on the original material, anyhow. 

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

Stumbled upon this YouTube clip of a very young Jason Bateman being interviewed by Johnny Carson.  I did not know that he got his start on "Little House on the Prairie" having never watched a single episode of that show.

Vaguely remember It's Your Move with Al's neighbour from Married with Children.

nice to see the Tony's will be back to normal, and it looks like they're reviving Making the Tony Awards (it was a one hour special and to also award the technicals that use to air on PBS before the Tony's)

https://deadline.com/2022/03/tony-awards-live-cbs-coast-to-coast-june-12-date-set-1234974442/

https://tvline.com/2022/03/09/the-penguin-series-ordered-colin-farrell-hbo-max-spinoff/

Edited by iHeart

On 2022-03-04 at 2:04 PM, Noeller said:

being quarantined in my basement this week, I had a chance to watch a pile of streaming stuff. I've just crushed through Vice Principals, Righteous Gemstones and Barry on Crave. Fantastic stuff, the lot of 'em, if anyone is looking for recommendations. Also, if you haven't seen the Peacock/Showcase MacGruber series yet, it's a worthy successor to the movie. Have started watching the new dramatic take on Will Smith's Fresh Prince Of Bel Air and it's kind of interesting. It's basically The OC for people of colour. Really interesting twist on the original material, anyhow. 

Barry is awesome. The new season is finally starting next month. Another great comedy/drama is Loudermilk staring Ron Livingston and Brian Regan.

I recently plowed through Mayor of Kingstown, 1883, Reacher and Peacemaker.

Severance is a new interesting show thats getting good reviews. For those that have access to it Peaky Blinders has started its last season (won't be on Netflix for awhile).

Edited by WinnipegGordo

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Reacher is incredible... one of my favourite things I watched this year. Also decided to try Fleabag.... it's not really "for me", but I enjoyed it for what it is. Generally speaking, I like British stuff...

Reacher was filmed with Lee Child as a co-producer and he did so to make sure that the lead actor embodied the size and threatening presence of Jack Reacher as written in the books. The actor portraying Reacher was not quite as big as the books described (6'2" vs 6"4") but carried the role very well.

1 minute ago, Tracker said:

Reacher was filmed with Lee Child as a co-producer and he did so to make sure that the lead actor embodied the size and threatening presence of Jack Reacher as written in the books. The actor portraying Reacher was not quite as big as the books described (6'2" vs 6"4") but carried the role very well.

he fit the bill.....after elfen Tom Cruise, people were happy it was close enough. This dude was a mountain. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Reacher is incredible... one of my favourite things I watched this year. Also decided to try Fleabag.... it's not really "for me", but I enjoyed it for what it is. Generally speaking, I like British stuff...

Yeah Reacher was amazing never watched the movies. The guy who plays Reacher is fantastic.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Late to the party but I'm two episodes into Peacemaker and it's great. 

I feel guilty about really liking Peacemaker. 

Finished off Space Force last night. It's no better then S1 imho but it does have a LOL moment in last episode regarding Microsoft.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg