Bombers sign Briggs and Jones

How are other teams doing with signing their draft picks from this year's draft? Lowell Ulrich of the Province wrote this late last week:

Though listed on their website, a club spokesman Thursday said the Lions have not signed anyone from their seven-man class from the Canadian college draft, and there’s not much chance any will agree before Thursday and the first of three scheduled rookie workouts.

http://www.theprovince.com/business/Rookie+camp+missing+Lions/9868651/story.html

imo jones and briggs have the possibility of being 2 very solid contributors immediately (special teams)

Jones might even have a shot at starting at corner at some point in the season, IMO.  Alexander and Bucknor are solid players but not world-beaters... no guarantee either one holds on to the starting job.  Not saying Jones will win the job out of camp, but he has the athleticism, that's for sure.

Briggs has a chance to take a big role on special teams if he shows he can handle it.

imo jones and briggs have the possibility of being 2 very solid contributors immediately (special teams)

Jones might even have a shot at starting at corner at some point in the season, IMO.  Alexander and Bucknor are solid players but not world-beaters... no guarantee either one holds on to the starting job.  Not saying Jones will win the job out of camp, but he has the athleticism, that's for sure.

Briggs has a chance to take a big role on special teams if he shows he can handle it.

I hope your right, but I personally don't think Jones will be ready to start until next year. Between Robertson and Jones we have to very Athletic NI DB's... hopefully they pan out for us. Are these guys strictly Corners? or can they develop at Safety?

With all the Import DB's(some with very impressive resume's), It's getting harder for me to envision 2 NI's in the Secondary.

Matthias Goossen ‏@MatthiasjGoose 19m

First time in my life that I'm moving away from Vancouver. Hard to believe that this is my last day here..

Lots of Goossens in southern MB.  I'm sure we can make him feel right at home (if home was an Amish homestead).

Amish? You mean Mennonite. As for crying about moving away from Vancouver - what are you kid - like 22? Time to grow up and leave the nest. See the world! You have the rest of you life to be worrying about a mortgage and where the kids are going to go to school. Now's the time to see what's outside of the la-la land of the hippy paradise of Vancouver. The world is your oyster.

Matthias Goossen ‏@MatthiasjGoose 19m

First time in my life that I'm moving away from Vancouver. Hard to believe that this is my last day here..

Lots of Goossens in southern MB.  I'm sure we can make him feel right at home (if home was an Amish homestead).

Amish? You mean Mennonite. As for crying about moving away from Vancouver - what are you kid - like 22? Time to grow up and leave the nest. See the world! You have the rest of you life to be worrying about a mortgage and where the kids are going to go to school. Now's the time to see what's outside of the la-la land of the hippy paradise of Vancouver. The world is your oyster.

I don't think he's crying about leaving Vancouver.

I think it's a natural feeling. These guys are humans they have feelings too.

I have the same feeling when I left my country and move here in Canada.

It's a mixed emotion actually you're happy you're going to a place where there is better opportunity and at the same time sad to leave the place where you've spent most of your life growing up.

here's from Briggs...

Jesse Briggs @jessebriggs34 1h

Peace out Montreal, it's been real. Bomber land here I come. #winnipegbound

Good news hearing that all three will be at camp. Not going to lie a bit more excited about Goosen, at the same time though Briggs and Jones look like gamers and IMO will contribute positively on special teams.

Amish people are mennonite.  As am I.  Now if you'll excuse me, this butter isn't going to churn itself!

Yeah they are a sect of the Mennonite faith. If you go to the Steinbach Mennonite museum you'll see the migration maps from Europe to North America. As far as I know there are no Amish people in BC or Manitoba.

Amish people are mennonite.  As am I.  Now if you'll excuse me, this butter isn't going to churn itself!

Yeah they are a sect of the Mennonite faith. If you go to the Steinbach Mennonite museum you'll see the migration maps from Europe to North America. As far as I know there are no Amish people in BC or Manitoba.

There's an amish settlement (is that the right word?) between Gladstone & Neepawa.

Amish people are mennonite. As am I. Now if you'll excuse me, this butter isn't going to churn itself!

There's an amish settlement (is that the right word?) between Gladstone & Neepawa.

Yes. It was the first one established outside Ontario.

I think you mean Hutterite.  Never heard of Amish in MB. but plenty of Hutterite colonies and of course lot's of swingin' Mennonites such as Vic Toews.

Amish people are mennonite. As am I. Now if you'll excuse me, this butter isn't going to churn itself!

I think you mean Hutterite. Never heard of Amish in MB. but plenty of Hutterite colonies and of course lot's of swingin' Mennonites such as Vic Toews.

No, it is an Amish community.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/#!/content/1.628652

There was also a certain level of mirth intended in my original comment.