Unannounced names from this weekend

Mike

Came across three guys that appear to have signed with the Bombers this weekend, but the team hasn't announced anything yet.

OL Jesse Peterson

OL Ed Prince

DB Daivon Dumas

I'm pretty sure they're at the point where they have to release guys in order to sign them, so we may see three signings and three cuts some time before rookie camp starts. No idea who they'd let go of at this point, but I'd imagine they might swap a OL or a DB to make space for these guys.

I could be wrong, but it's totally possible that Taylor Renaud, Brescacin and Stevenson could be non counters too.

Renaud, Brescacin and Stevenson all count against the training camp number as they've all been in training camps before. 

Kris Robertson is a non-counter since he was hurt before camp last year. Stephen Alli would be a non-counter if he showed up as a 2013 Draft Selection. 

I believe Sean Blake and Errol Brooks would be the other non-counters. Should be 8 + any Rifles players and a non-import QB. 

I could be wrong, but it's totally possible that Taylor Renaud, Brescacin and Stevenson could be non counters too.

Renaud, Brescacin and Stevenson all count against the training camp number as they've all been in training camps before. 

Kris Robertson is a non-counter since he was hurt before camp last year. Stephen Alli would be a non-counter if he showed up as a 2013 Draft Selection. 

I believe Sean Blake and Errol Brooks would be the other non-counters. Should be 8 + any Rifles players and a non-import QB. 

I thought they were non counters if they had not been on a 46 man roster ... but then I just looked and I missed an excerpt from the CBA. Thanks!

Yes the training camp jargon needs to be cleaned up. Too many rules inside of rules. 

Players like Matt Sewell will count against their CFL team training camp number because they've attended a NFL camp. 

Penton wrote in today's Sun:

The Bombers had 83 players on their roster as of Saturday night, including 10 who could be considered non-counters. That would leave them two players short of a full complement.

He does use the word "could" though so it seems he isn't sure of the numbers.

The rule in the CBA isn't 100% clear. It states that every year the training camp number will be established with a minimum of 68 and maximum of 75 players + the non-counters. Most media use the 68 player number but I've never seen a release from the CFL giving an exact number for that season. 

Here's the rule from the 2010 CBA:

For the purposes of these By-Laws, the “Off Season Period” shall be defined as that period of time in every year commencing with the day following the Grey Cup Game and ending with the day preceding the opening day of training camp.

(B) A Member Club shall be permitted to have C.F.L. Standard Player Contracts outstanding with a maximum of 75 players during the Off Season Period.

© The C.F.L. shall annually determine the number of players permitted to attend the training camp for a Member Club, provided that not less than 68 players and not more than 75 players under registered Standard Player Contracts may attend in any year, excluding:

(i) Players selected in the current year Canadian Draft, and

(ii) Players selected in a previous year’s Canadian Draft by the Member Club that have never attended a professional training camp in Canada or elsewhere, and

(iii) Junior players not under contract, and (iv) Two additional undrafted Non-import Players comprised of either:

(A) A Player who was eligible for the current or the previous years’ C.F.L. Draft, or

(B) A C.J.F.L. Player whose junior eligibility had terminated in the previous C.J.F.L. season.

(v) A non-import quarterback who is playing and participating in training camp at the quarterback position.

(d) Notwithstanding the above, each Member Club may have up to a maximum of two Veteran Players who are injured and unfit to play as a result of an injury/injuries sustained while playing football, attend at training camp in order to rehabilitate the injury/injuries and attend at meetings on the following terms and conditions.

(i) The Veteran Player and the C.F.L.P.A. must consent in writing to the Veteran Player attending at training camp on these terms and conditions no less than 10 days prior to the commencement date of training camp.

(ii) The Veteran Players’ medical examination, pursuant to Paragraph 6 of the Standard Player Contract will be postponed and will be conducted on the date that the Veteran Player is fit to play skilled football or the final cut down date, whichever is earlier.

(iii) The Veteran Player shall not participate in any practices or physical activities until his medical examination has been conducted pursuant to Paragraph 6 of the Standard Player Contract.

(iv) The Veteran Player shall be paid all compensation and be provided with all benefits in accordance with the Standard Player Contract and the Collective Agreement.

(v) When the Veteran Player has his medical examination pursuant to Paragraph 6 of the Standard Player Contract, if in the opinion of the medical committee, the Player continues to be not completely fit to participate in football activities, the Member Club shall either accept the Player or terminate the Player’s Standard Player

Contract in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 6 of the Standard Player Contract.

(vi) The Veteran Player shall be excluded from the maximum number of Players attending at training camp until the Player is given a medical examination pursuant to Paragraph 6 of the Standard Player Contract.”

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

The 2 additional non-counters for training camp are Errol Brooks and Lirim Hajrullahu according to the stat sheet from last night. 

Thanks for that. So that would mean Goossen, Harjrullahu, Brooks, Robertson, Jones, Everett, Briggs and Eisho are the non-counters.