Gerald McRath released

Mike

Cliche was the wrong word but I couldn't think of the right one.

The jury is very much out on Etcheverry but the man's defences have won quite a few games in this league... and that is an undeniable fact.

To me, what's said about the Etch-man is proof by assertion…if it's repeated enough times, it must be true. That happens a lot on fan boards. Read something somewhere, pass it along, and it is repeated elsewhere, and so on, and so on.

Where sometimes there is validity in what is said, it loses something 'in translation'.

I'm looking forward to seeing this defence, with our particular group of athletes, as I can't help but think this group, behind these guys,  already puts us ahead of last year.

Besides, as O'Shea says he's anxious to see what Etch has learned, going forward, and if that isn't a teaser, I don't know what is.

Darrin Bauming ‏@DarrinBauming 3h

Expect the #Bombers to announce the addition of LB @WillieMoseleyJr. He spent time with the Tampa Bay Bucs as an undrafted NFL free agent.

Darrin stole my scoop. I'll get him!

I like Moseley, he actually played alongside Khalil Mack in college and he's a big big body at 6'5"

He'll be a factor in the competition at DE

Expect the #Bombers to announce the addition of LB @WillieMoseleyJr. He spent time with the Tampa Bay Bucs as an undrafted NFL free agent.

I like Moseley, he actually played alongside Khalil Mack in college and he's a big big body at 6'5"

You mean rover.

• 3 weeks later...

So, he was picked up by the Stamps a couple of days ago:

The Calgary Stampeders announce a number of signings as the club’s rookie-camp roster takes shape.

Gerald McRath (import LB): In three seasons with the NFL’s Tennessee Titans, McRath played 40 games — including 12 starts — and recorded 120 tackles as well as 1.5 sacks and one interception. He was a two-time first-team Conference USA all-star selection at Southern Miss.

Don't know what to make of this. On the one hand it's tempting to crow about how the Stamps are picking up our cast-offs but, on the other, if he makes the team it could be embarassing.

Especially if there is a competition for flashiest shoes.  He was sporting lime green ones yesterday.

So, he was picked up by the Stamps a couple of days ago:

The Calgary Stampeders announce a number of signings as the club’s rookie-camp roster takes shape.

Gerald McRath (import LB): In three seasons with the NFL’s Tennessee Titans, McRath played 40 games — including 12 starts — and recorded 120 tackles as well as 1.5 sacks and one interception. He was a two-time first-team Conference USA all-star selection at Southern Miss.

Don't know what to make of this. On the one hand it's tempting to crow about how the Stamps are picking up our cast-offs but, on the other, if he makes the team it could be embarassing.

it happens Vega was cut by Hamilton at one point.

• 2 weeks later...